Idaho sheep unit 55

utswell

My son moved to Idaho and this year, his first, in the
draw he drew unit 55, a California Bighorn unit! It has only had
sheep for a few years.

I've hunted sheep a couple of times, looking forward to
going on this this hunt. Season is Aug 30 to Oct 8th, seems
kind of early. Before the rut? Anyone know the area?
TIA

I can give you a push in the right direction...pm sent
if wanted i can give ya a tour of the Mtn if our schedules match

How to start an argument online:
1. Express an opinion
2. Wait

I have been in contact with the OP and he says they have seen a few rams with 1 shooter....sounds like he is only hunting Friday evening and Saturday. maybe with the weather breaking he will get his chance.

1. Express an opinion
2. Wait

My son got his sheep and it ended well. Wonderful experience. Huntin' Fool described this unit as a "fun easy' hunt. It was a tough hunt for us and for the hunter last year, but it all came together in the end and it was a lot of fun. After his wife and I spotted the ram, we guided him 2 miles downhill and he ended up with a 70 yard shot, never seeing the ram until he shot. One of the best parts of the hunt, was wonderful people we talked to and met, also people in the area who were very helpful and generous. Thanks to all who shared and helped make this an incredible hunt, and thanks to my son and his wife for the "fun" hunt.

497pb88cdd_-_copy.jpg

Pretty darn nice!
Congrats to you and your son on his most successful sheep hunt.
I'm sure a few of us would like to hear the whole story.... unless he's got a "book deal" and can't share. Get him to write-up his hunt and share with a few old dogs.

I'm glad to see the outcome of his hunt and I followed this one in particular because I hunted California Bighorn in Idaho with my brother in 2000. We hunted 13 days and the hunt concluded with glorious success.

Thanks for sharing the pic.
Zeke

Purdy ram for sure!
Congratulations to you all

+1 to what Zeke said.
Some of us old sheep nuts (that could be taken the wrong way)
need more of a story to satisfy our craving.

Congrats to you guys on getting a real nice ram. That can be a fun unit to hunt but hard to find a nice ram you guys did great.

Great job guys! I have been putting in for the Cali units in Idaho as a nonresident for a few years. I hope someday to get a ram that good.

looks good to me, congrsds on s nice csli ram

1. Express an opinion
2. Wait

treed, it really is a beautiful ram, my son is a poor college student and was going to sell the cape and get a European mount, but the ram was too pretty not to do a shoulder mount.

A euro mount of that ram would have been a travesty! That's a gorgeous cape worthy of a special place on the young man's wall. The price of the mount will be a priceless happy reminder of a great adventure.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom