Idaho success

live2farm

LAST EDITED ON Dec-03-13 AT 07:39PM (MST)[p]Idaho thread gets kinda boring at times so I decided to share. We Had fun hunting elk this season, opening morning of our hunt we saw 8 bulls and managed to get 4 bulls down, not sure if we will ever be able to top this!
9370image.jpg

9019image.jpg

Thank god for all those ponies. Do you mind sharing some of the story, had to be interesting to have that many hang long enough to get shot.

I'm hearing more elk hunting success stories. I'm hopeful that predator management is restoring our elk herds...at least a little.

Bpkhunter, it was our first morning, we were packed in around 5-6 miles, we found a good spot to do some glassing before we split up for the day, after glassing for around ten minutes we spotted some elk around 1000 yards away and we were debating how to go about getting to them. We were very encouraged by finding some elk so quickly and we continued to glass for another 5 minutes when my friend said he heard some sticks breaking, we all turned around to see 8 bulls coming down a trail single file about 150 yards slightly above us and to our left. Every bull was at least a 4 point but none bigger than a 5 point. Believe it or not those elk came within a hundred yards of us before seeing us and stopping. By this time we had each chosen our respective bull and the rest is history! Once it was all over and 4 bulls were on the ground the work really began! We spent the rest of the day prepping and the next day we came in with the horses and packed them out. Thank goodness for horses! It really was a once in a lifetime experience and I feel really lucky. My friend to the far left in the picture of four of us had never been elk hunting and I had to assure him that elk hunting really wasn't like this!

There is a lot more to this story. These guys work there guts out all year on the family farm, not to mention all the years of sweat and labor each fall in the elk woods to get to the point where they can go get "lucky". I say that they earned this once in a life-time experience. My hat is off to you, cuz!!!!!! My only regret is I was not there to watch it all go down!!! Way to go!!!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom