Idaho Super Tag Results

shelbys

LAST EDITED ON Jun-24-08 AT 12:52PM (MST)[p]Idaho finally posted the results. I'm surprised I didn't hear a few of the names that got drawn! Congrats to all of you, I look forward to seeing your pictures, reading your stories, and watching your videos.

http://fishandgame.idaho.gov/apps/releases/view.cfm?NewsID=4454

Super hunt winners announced

Winners in the first of two Idaho Super Hunt drawings were picked June 16.

One Super Hunt Combo ticket was drawn that entitles the winner to hunt for one each elk, deer, antelope and moose. Twenty-five other winners were picked for single species with tags for eight elk, eight deer and eight antelope hunts as well as one moose hunt. Winners can participate in any open hunt this fall, following the rules for the hunts they choose, for example, archery-only or muzzleloader-hunts.

The official list of winners in the June 16 drawing is:

Super Hunt Combo:

* Ross Whitmarsh, El Cajon, Calif.

Deer:

* David W. Randall, Puyallup, Wash.

* Ross Rackliff, Medway, Mass.

* Don Miller, Boise.

* L. Dewey Stander, Blackfoot.

* Shane Lish, Kuna.

* Charlie Twamley, Murrieta, Calif.

* Steve Alderman, Meridian.

* Greg Kensler, Nampa.

Elk:

* Mike Larson, Athol.

* Christopher Crosby, Nephi, Utah.

* Jeffrey Pratt, Blackfoot.

* John Hepton, Nampa.

* Michael P. Grossman, Windsor Heights, Iowa.

* David L. Middleton, Nampa.

* Glenn D. Land, Shelley.

* Sandy Moosman, Cascade.

Pronghorn:

* Jason Lynch, Rupert.

* Jared Kidman, Idaho Falls.

* James Burt, Pocatello.

* Dustin Stevenson, Middleton.

* James Rogers, Horseshoe Bend.

* Jeff McMurdie, Twin Falls.

* John Robinson, Kuna.

* Clayton Lowman, Nampa.

Moose:

* Gary Taylor, Cheswick, Penn.

Wow, wonder what the odds of drawing a state super tag are? Or drawing it 2/3,4 years for same species, Or drawing dual species tags on super tag in same year. Or even not one but two people who were present while at drawing? Odd1 any help on this? Would love to know so can finally get one.

Get your hunt on!!
tixs,lodging,for you
cruises,trips for her!
songdogtravel.com

I can tell you that last year there where about 5000 entries for deer and elk. So 8/5000 = about .16%.

Moose was worse, Antelope was better but still very very low.

So the odds of drawing multiple is well let's say much worse than that.

Probably not all that hard when you buy a couple thousand bucks worth of applications. Remember that they are unlimited entry.

LAST EDITED ON Jun-24-08 AT 07:26PM (MST)[p]BPK

I don't know where you got your stats, but last year there were over 7,200 apps for deer and around 5000 for elk. I think your stats were from 2006. Regardless The Fish and Game said there were even more apps this year compared to last, at least for deer, everything else was down slightly. I guess we will know when they get done counting them. I know a guy that put 3000 dollars in for deer and didn't draw. I also know a couple other guys from Nampa that put over 1500 dollars in each elk and deer and did not draw.

It only takes one ticket to draw! You can't win if you don't play. I've been buying multiple packages since it was introduced. It's about time I draw it. I'm really looking forward to hunting some new country and meeting some new people. It's going to be a great experience. The people going out of there way to call and congratulate me, and tell me where they saw a great buck last year, has been overwhelming. I can't wait to really get out there and start scouting. who am I kidding, I've already been out three times this year looking for deer. Twice since the drawing the tag.

Good luck with the controlled drawing. We should know around the 7th. It would be way crazy if I drew one of those tags. Come to think of it I have better odds to draw one of my controlled hunts then I did the super tag.

Good Hunting!

Steve

Steve you turd! What do you mean by new country? What do you have up your sleeve? Well if it can't be me I'm glad it's someone that will give it it's due respect.

Whack a hawg!

Kicker

Congrats Steve. Hopefully I can pull a controlled tag and run into you on the mountain somewhere. I appreciate your advice and help with tags in years past and wish you a 200+ typical or a monster non-typical! Best of luck.

Lowland! you know there aint no more 200" left in this state! you may as well give that tag to me so I can hang it on a forky! It'll stlii be a trophy cuz I'll take with a slingshot!

Congrats Steve. I'll keep my eye out for you but the only problem is I hunt only general season tags in Idaho. My luck is changing though and I feel a change in the wind. :)

IB

Thats not a change in the wind your felling, your fly is down.

Thanks for the congrats and right back at ya. Good luck on your hunts this year!

Gemstate

you should gps that forky and sell the coordinates to Idahobugler, he is felling a change in the wind, but you, if anybody knows how those general hunts in Idaho can go!

Shelbys

Thanks for the kind words and well wishes! We will see you on the hill. Here's hoping you draw!

Steve

Kicker

Sorry bud, I didn't see your post. My sleeves are short, you know with these big guns and everything. I just want to try a few other hunts with some new people. 40 early archery, early 55 with my smoke pole, the early opener in 44 with my smoke pole, unit 45 again with the smoke pole both seasons and some of the late hunts in 54 and 55 and maybe even sneak over to the far east part of the state after that, if I still have a tag. To many choices, that is the bad part about having this tag. the cool thing is I have the opportunity that I and most people will never have. I will document it all to share with you guys in the near future. I would love to hook up with a bunch of different people and check out some deer. should be fun and trust me I'm really looking forward to it.

Steve

Steve,
I am jelous. At the same time I am thirlled that you got it so we will be able to see it in an upcoming video. I always felt if I got the tag I would have to choose four or five units with different seasons and focus on those. I think a guy could go crazy chasing every monster buck rumour he heard. And with your connections I bet you could take off August 15th through December 15th and be in a different unit every weekend! I will contact you if I find something special that I don't have a tag for. What are your goals!?! Besides having the most kick ass deer season ever!

Yep, your right it was my fly. But if I do draw the tag I want in Idaho then I might run into you on the hill with archery tackle. Then you can throw those little 200" bucks my way while you look for your 220" typical.

IB

Steve, Way to go man. I hope you get a great buck with the smoke pole. I hope you have a credit card that will carry you for gas money. I spent over 1600.00 in gas last year on unit 44. You talked about it here it is. GO EARLY! Ron

Thats GREAT Steve!!!!!!!! Keep your eyes out for a big bull,,,, my sister drew a super tag for bulls!! email me #####@msn.com
Brian

Well its cool that you drew a super tag this year steve but its to bad you didnt have that the year HAT TRICK misteriously dissapeared.

! !
. & .

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom