Idaho Supertag

timoutdoors

Well it's official i drew a Idaho elk supertag.... I'm besides myself and can't believe it. I'm going to focus on 54 and 40 to start... any information would be great through here or Pm

Where are you from Tim? And what are your goals/expectations? Do you bow/rifle/muzzy hunt? How much time do you plan to spend? Feel free to answer here or PM.

That ain't a camel toe, that's a moose knuckle!

Seems you hunted elk last year in one of the best units in Idaho, unless I am mistaken. I would leverage off of that knowledge if I were you.

Thanks for the responses so far guys. I am a dentist in the Boise area. I have about a month i can hunt or so. I only rifle hunt and to be honest are a pretty new hunter. I have had alot of luck on the draw system so far in Idaho. Drew a 54 bull tag last year and also a antelope supertag. Shot below average animals in both hunts mainly because i didnt no what i was doing. I appreciate you guys again... thanks

Set your sights a bit higher than than my friend! I would start scouting Sept 10 in unit 40 and have your bull pegged for the opener on Sept 25. The rut should peak around the 20th and you should be able to find a great bull. If that doesn't work out for you for some reason then hit 54. Best of luck and please tag something over 300.

i dont think you will have any problems finding a 295 bull with that tag, especially if you take abiggerfish2fry's advice

hey i would look at 31 its close they have great bulls and its an easy access place, you could peg a 350 bull there pretty easy with a little work. HAVE FUN

If you had time down on the corner of the 3 states area. 54 and 55. Just a thought... Some monsters down in there. Good luck.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom