Idaho supertag

BULLFEVER08

Hello all i have been lurking on the site for a while decided to join and hopefully be able to share some useful info.I just found out i drew an idaho superhunt elk tag and was hoping for some advise on areas to start scouting.

thanks in advance

First congrats on a great tag! If I were you I would first look at hunt area 40 (units 40&42) there is a early (I think sept 25-oct 14) rut rifle hunt with great success rates and good bulls. After that I would look at 66A (units 66a & 76) south of Palisades Reservoir, 2 seasons there from oct.1-14 and oct.15-25. I hunted there in 2006 and saw some good bulls. I would try to get a hold of a local wildlife biologist and/or the local game wardens and ask them questions about the areas hunting. This should be the hunt of your lifetime don't waste it. Good luck.

Excellent!! Did they call you or e-mail the drawing results? I don't see em posted on their web site. I'm 0 fer 2 so far.

Congrats on the draw. Are you from Idaho? The downside of getting that great tag is toooo many options.

BULLFEVER08,

Congrats on the tag. I drew a Super Hunt Elk tag in "05" and drew an Antelope Super Hunt tag this year. I sent you a P.M.

Mossyhorn

They called me to ask if i wanted to accept the tag (I wonder if any one has ever said no) And no im not from idaho im in utah But love it up there. I have hunted bear deer and elk in ID but never in a limited area

LAST EDITED ON Jun-17-08 AT 09:11PM (MST)[p]Funny idahoron i almost didnt post where i lived seems to be a touchy subject lately but rest assured were not all utards down here ;-)

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom