idaho unit 24 deer

USMC801

Has anyone deer hunted unit 24 in the past? If so what was your experience? Seems to have relatively low success rates with a lot of hunters. I have a tag this year and will try my luck. Are deer numbers better in the McCall region rather than Cascade? Any advice would be appreciated.

There’s deer, but it’s no great deer hunt. And if youve never been in there you’ll go to all the places every one else with OnX will be. But, I believe there is at least one good buck in every unit in idaho. Never know, you might stumble into him

There’s deer, but it’s no great deer hunt. And if youve never been in there you’ll go to all the places every one else with OnX will be. But, I believe there is at least one good buck in every unit in idaho. Never know, you might stumble into him
That’s what I figured. I’ll come back to this after the hunt and share my experience

I've shot multiple deer in 24. And shot my last buck in 24. It's not a unit where you will see lots of deer, groups of deer, or deer every day. I've gone more days not seeing a single deer than seeing one deer. Where I go I rarely see people but I also don't see many deer. Thick and visibility aren't great is one issue. There are areas that look good that I never find deer so I feel like they should be there they just aren't.

I've shot multiple deer in 24. And shot my last buck in 24. It's not a unit where you will see lots of deer, groups of deer, or deer every day. I've gone more days not seeing a single deer than seeing one deer. Where I go I rarely see people but I also don't see many deer. Thick and visibility aren't great is one issue. There are areas that look good that I never find deer so I feel like they should be there they just aren't.
Thanks for your input! Do you hunt more up north in the unit?

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom