Idaho unit 27-1 sheep

• Thread starter Idahotrophyhunter
  • Start date
I

Idahotrophyhunter

I realize this is the Frank Church and yes I have hunted it a bit, but how is this unit for sheep? I see they give out 12 tags. Any information appreciated.

Idaho's version of Montana's unlimited units. Nasty country with very few sheep and success rates are terrible. To make matters worse, you still have to draw the tag.

brymoore
Where can you find that info. I have been trying to find harvest info from last year and haven't been able to find anything. thanks Kelly

Tom,
Where has this info been posted? I have been checking daily for at least a month on Id. F&G website under Controlled Hunt - Harvest Stat.'s and all previous years through 2007 are listed. Nothing for 2008. If it is in another place on the website - could you please share.

It has never made sense to me - Id. F&G encourages everyone to apply early so that the system is not choked in the last few days of the applic. period - but they never post critical decision info. like harvest stats from the previous year until near the end of the applic. period.

Thanks for any updates!!! BK

Wow! Only 4 rams killed out of 31 tags in three years. I'd surely stay away from that hunting unit.

The pathway I'm using is IDFG home - hunting - game species info - bighorn sheep. Click on "bighorn sheep" rather than "controlled hunt info." Apparently the hunt planner and controlled hunt info links have not yet been updated with 2008 harvest data. May be a timing issue with getting the big game regs out or maybe we're seeing the beginning of effects of the agency having to leave positions vacant - some things will fall behind.

Tom Keegan
IDFG Salmon Region Wildlife Manager

Thanks - I see it now. Did not know it was / is to be listed in two diff. spots on the website. Clearwater Regional Office folks do not yet know of this location either as they told me Monday that they did not know when the info. would be available. Also - I just now see that you had provided a link. If I would have slowed down - I would have seen that. Thanks again for the help. BK

I have been thinking about putting in for unit 37 A in Idaho for bighorn sheep. Does any one have any info on that unit that would be usefull? Is it any good?

>Wow! Only 4 rams killed
>out of 31 tags in
>three years. I'd surely
>stay away from that hunting
>unit.

well i didnt stay away and i ended up drawing. im hoping a lot of research will land me one! Either way i have a sheep tag in my pocket! ill update in mid september when im done and recovered!

Travis
www.RidgelineOutdoors.com
Blacks-Creek Packs Dealer

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom