Idaho Unit 57

camokid

Any of you guys and gals know much about this unit 57 in Idaho?
Any pics of bucks taken from this area? Or know any info, just curious.

I grew up in that area there are some decent bucks but the numbers have been down the last few years
46cfa7275632b29c.jpg

LAST EDITED ON May-21-11 AT 00:19AM (MST)[p]Drew this unit two years ago and had perfect conditions to hunt with fresh snow. There were three people I knew that year with tags. Long story short the largest buck taken was a 160 class. I saw alot of small bucks and had a great time but couldn't pass on this one. I think there are a few larger but not to many from what we saw....

9146idahobuck_005.jpg

I had the tag two year ago also. We scouted nearly every weekend from July-Sept. The buck posted is typical for the top end. Most general OTC units in Idaho are better than this unit currently. The ease of access has really hurt this unit over time.

Yeah I knew a kid that drew the tag as well, I was curious how it is now from the burn a few years ago. I kinda wanna go archery deer up there or if I am lucky enough to draw the Tag, if it's worth it. That's a nice Buck

My family and my self have hunted this unit, as we have been able to draw, off and on since the early 80's. The unit has unfortunately went down hill.

Too bad because it once was a great unit.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom