Idaho unit 6

D

deployedhunter

I drew the new unit 6 tag. Season runs sep thru 31 dec. Good for muleys and whiteys.
I live in south west id and am currently deployed in Afgahinstan with the AF. Scouting time will be short to none at all.
Anybody have opinions on the best times to go?
I know both spiecies have different rut times.
What is the muley density up there?
Will there be to much snow come dec?
General areas to start looking at?
I'm happy to trade info on antelope/deer and moose.
Thanks in advance!

hi deployedhunter.. the season ends the 1st of dec... not the end. the only advantage of this hunt is that you can hunt approx. 6 weeks before the general rifle season starts..obviously some of the best times to hunt there is during the last two weeks of nov. were your tag doesnt really shine, because of the general season taking place. so earlier hunts in september is when your going to be alone....its more up to your schedule. if you kinda know when you might hunt it i can get you steered in a few directions..ironic, southern deer hunters coming up here... and all i can think about is hunting down there... "grass is always greener on the other side".. talk to you later and thanks for fighting for us! shoot one for me.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom