Idaho unit 62 Elk Depredation

BIG

I have a relative that has a transferable depredation tag for the area where the elk got loose. They offered to let me use the tag. Would it be worth giving the area a try. It is a long drive from where I am just wondering if it wouuld be worth a try. I beleive the tag goes until the 17th of this month.

It might be worth a try if you like wolves, my brother was hunting 62 archery hunt, he said between the wolves and the bears he will prob never hunt up there again. It all depends on the weather, from what i understand that there was a hundred bulls that got loose, farm animals i doubt they are going to last too long, anyways have a good one

I wouldn't go up there just to shoot a farm elk. They are having quite a time up there, its a little tougher than most people anticipated. Unfortunately, the Non-resident elk tags are sold out so if it is go to 62 or stay home I would probably go. But don't plan on driving the roads and shooting ear tagged elk. And according to the latest reports there are some young bulls and cows still out. Nothing big. Last 2 elk I know of killed were cows shot by Fish & Game shooters on private land. Rammell (owner) sat on the dead cow and refused an order to leave so he was arrested.

The tag allows you to shoot any elk I believe, farm or not. I probably won't go up. I think it is too far to drive from Vegas on a whim. I would have a small section of private ground to hunt on, but I'll probably save the gas.

Thanks for the info.

BIG-the tag is good for any elk, what I meant was that alot of people are heading up that way with the thought that they will shoot a tame elk standing on the side of the road. If your going up there to hunt, great, you might find a tame one as a bonus. They are just not standing around waiting for someone to drive down the road and kill one! If you have a contact up there you might try callling them and getting on the spot info. I am a couple hours south and my info come from the local paper.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom