Idaho unit 69

I

IDhunter

I am planning on putting in for a moose tag in unit 69, but there are 3 draw areas in that unit. From the checking I have done I am going to try for either 69-2, which is east of the grays lake ,Iona road, or the hunt in the granite and antalope drainages. I am trying to find the area with the most limited access so I can stay away from the motorized vehicles. If any of you have been in these areas any info on which one you think would be the best to stay away from 4x4's is appreciated. Thanks
IDhunter

There are roads almost everywhere in unit 69. What you should look at more is the amount of private land in each area.

LM - NRA, NAHC, RMEF
I've seen more moose in 69-2 (but back in on horseback). That is my favorite, but you can get a good one in any of the three if you spend your time scouting.

I,m not sure what the abbreveations at the top mean, but I plan to go in horseback, thats part of the reason I want an area that is hard for atv's to access. I plan on taking a couple riding trips into whatever area I decide on in the summer, but for now I am just depending on maps and I haven't found a very good one of those yet. They were all out of that area when I was getting my maps. Thanks for the info guys
IDhunter

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom