Idaho Whitetail Bucks

I

idahodreamin

How did you whitetail hunters fair last fall? It seems that it was not very good, big drop off from 2007. I am anxious to see what the 2008 harvest statistics show. I was looking forward to going but had to change plans when I had the great fortune of drawing an awesome November mule deer tag. I hope to try for a whitey this year and I hope this winter doesn't hurt them to bad.

I spent 4 days hunting in mid november and it was pretty tough hunting. I seen 10 bucks and could of had shots on a few of them but I was looking for a bruiser. Not as many deer around as there was in 07. Hopefully this winter won't be as harsh.

I thout it sucked..............................................I saw very few deer.....................................................

This was my first time in north Idaho after whitetails and it was really tough. I hunted for 5 days and only saw about 5-6 deer, and no bucks. I'm sure they're around as we found some nice sheds. I don't think I'll be hunting whitetail that far north again. This winter has been brutal in north Idaho with record snowfall in December.
Kurt

We got a 150 inch whitetail in unit 11A this year, pretty nice deer probably a 4 year old.

LAST EDITED ON Feb-12-09 AT 01:00PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Feb-12-09 AT 12:47?PM (MST)

BHI, Do you have any pictures? I just got my 07' buck back today from the taxi. I'll post tonight when my wife gets home..

You need to have the .jpg

499488153eb69814.jpg

Tom
A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking.

>How did you whitetail hunters fair
>last fall? It seems that
>it was not very good,
>big drop off from 2007.
>I am anxious to see
>what the 2008 harvest statistics
>show. I was looking forward
>to going but had to
>change plans when I had
>the great fortune of drawing
>an awesome November mule deer
>tag. I hope to try
>for a whitey this year
>and I hope this winter
>doesn't hurt them to bad.
>

Very nice buck you got in 11. Also, Thanks for getting that picture posted for me, I don't know how to post pictures yet I guess.

>Did'nt the brewer kill that buck?
>

Oh my gosh that's funny. I busted my gut reading that post by the brewer. The brewer is my brother, he's never been to Idaho in his life. I can't believe anybody fell for that story he came up with when I asked him to post that picture. Are you the guy who fell hook line and sinker when brewer told the story of beating the crap out of a tweaker breaking into a truck at the Modrow bridge boat launch only to realize that the guy was getting into his own truck and so then offered to take him bank fishing with his guide service and then had beers with him in the parking lot? Hey, just having fun with you man, you should know that the brewer is full of hot air. And no, he doesn't have a bank fishing guide service on the Kalama River.
By the way, the saint Bernard ear looks real natural.

(brewers posts)
was offered a opportunity to hunt Idaho. figured what the heck. met up with my so called guide, Steve. low budget was his M.O. he eventually put brewer onto a good buck that took us awhile to get into a good shot. after a samwich to settle my nerves i pulled the trigger! 3rd round finally connected. had the burps. however the 2nd shot took the left ear clean off! anyways this is the guide steve with "my " buck. he had issues with my camera. so i finally had to shoot him holding my buck. he called a 10pt not sure about that. never heard of a 10pt muley...

well i took the head to the taxidermist. figured i'd get a estimate on the $$$. he said the rack was very nice, but the missing ear made it look like hell!. not wanting to explain how it really happened i just said the pants slammed the tailgate on its ear... he gave a funny look but didn't say anything. however he said he could fix the ear by using one from another deer. the cost was outrageous! we dickered a bit and decided that for 100$ he could put a substitute ear from a st.bernard that would look real good. hopefully it doesn't turn out looking stupid.

No, I typically don't fall for his bull$hit.........He said he killed a buck over here so I figured he did. The story was ridiculous yeah, but figured he's just trying to add some "clever" embelishments as he so often trys to do.

He was asking for whitetail help in Idaho prior to posting that pic/story. Think I told him south of Mountain Home was loaded with trophy whiteys.

Nice buck.....good job.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom