Idaho wildlife federation

runamuk

Very Active Member
In my opinion IWF does more to preserve our way of life far more than all other conservation outfits combined.
Public land and wildlife is continuously under attack, but nothing ever seems to get by IWF and they make it as easy as possible to fight back. IWF practically lives at the Capital this time of year, if it wasn't for their efforts, I have no doubt that most of this crap would slip through with out any resistance.
I have passed this info on to everyone I know, hope you do the same.

Kill a wolf, get an OIL tag........... But only if you're an outfitter..

In the Feb. 12th Senate Resources Committee, Senator Okuniewicz introduced a bill that was – for the sake of time – ushered through without presentation. It’s been given a bill number and awaits a full introduction.

S 1340, states that the “Idaho Fish and Game Commission shall provide the opportunity for outfitters to purchase an additional bighorn sheep, mountain goat, or moose tag to any outfitter that fills a wolf tag in the course of outfitting.”

NEW BILL MAKES IDAHO’S PRIVATE LANDS A POACHER’S PARADISE.​

MORE.......... https://idahowildlife.org/news

Last edited:
Looks like the bill forcing IDFG to adopt 209’s, sabots and scopes on muzzleloaders got killed
I read the following, but it says shall not enforce any rule that makes it unlawful, not sure how to interpret that?

Today, in a dramatic ( and long....) House Natural Resources and Conservation Committee meeting, HO469, the bill presented by the committee's own Chairmen, Rep. Mendive (R-3) which would add to existing law to provide that the Department of Fish and Game shall not adopt or enforce any rule that makes it unlawful to use 209 primers, pelletized powder, or sabots in a muzzleloader-only season was...

I read the following, but it says shall not enforce any rule that makes it unlawful, not sure how to interpret that?

Today, in a dramatic ( and long....) House Natural Resources and Conservation Committee meeting, HO469, the bill presented by the committee's own Chairmen, Rep. Mendive (R-3) which would add to existing law to provide that the Department of Fish and Game shall not adopt or enforce any rule that makes it unlawful to use 209 primers, pelletized powder, or sabots in a muzzleloader-only season was...
Yea that's clear as mud!!

If you can’t enforce a law then by virtue you must allow the things those laws would effect, so they were going to force all the modern muzzy tech on IDFG. As I said above the legislature needs to stay out of IDFG dealings and continue to ruin other things first. At least one of the legislators has a sense of humor, there is a bill now that would make it a mandatory $420 fine for weed possession 😂

If you can’t enforce a law then by virtue you must allow the things those laws would effect, so they were going to force all the modern muzzy tech on IDFG. As I said above the legislature needs to stay out of IDFG dealings and continue to ruin other things first. At least one of the legislators has a sense of humor, there is a bill now that would make it a mandatory $420 fine for weed possession 😂
I saw that one, HA!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom