Idaho

They are there, you'll have a fun hunt. I remember a couple of motels and some lodges. You'll see plenty of deer on private property. May be worth door knocking.

18 is really tough on public right now but there are still a few big whitetails that can be found up in the mule deer country. CWD wiped them out bad a couple years ago and the low county deer down on the private got hit the worst by far. Might be pretty good for picking up dead heads if you cant find a live one.

To be fair, most whitetails in ID unit 18 score about like a Coues.--SS
IMG_2620 (1).jpg

18 is really tough on public right now but there are still a few big whitetails that can be found up in the mule deer country. CWD wiped them out bad a couple years ago and the low county deer down on the private got hit the worst by far. Might be pretty good for picking up dead heads if you cant find a live one.

To be fair, most whitetails in ID unit 18 score about like a Coues.--SS
View attachment 145658
I’m guessing you mean EHD, CWD doesn’t wipe out whole herds like that

Yep, I meant EHD for sure. CWD must have been on the mind because I've been reading about it lately. The Unit 18 herd was wiped out by the respiratory disease spread by flying insects near water. The one in the photo bled to death from a hole in the lungs but I did see several deer, especially down lower, sick and dying while I was there. I found a couple dead ones up high but most seemed ok while I was there. I talked to a rancher that had over 100 dead on his place near White Bird. ----SS

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom