idea on wolves

grizzlyplumber

Very Active Member
So I got this idea which may be a dumb one, after looking at pics of wolf attacks on one of the other links I noticed that there were lots of attacks on ranch dogs. I grew up in a mostly Mexican neighborhood in Mesa where lots of people bred and raised pitbulls to fight in the backyards (illegally of course). I always heard that pitbulls could beat any breed of dog in a fight although these pitbulls were very friendly and docile when they werent fighting with other dogs. I dont know how they would fare against wolves but I wonder what would happen if a rancher bought 4 or 5 pitbulls to fight the wolves.
Crazy idea? maybe.
Stupid idea? probably.
Would it work? I dont know.
I dont think you could prosecute a rancher for it, and it is extreme but how cool would it be to see an entire pack of wolves wiped out by "natural predators"?
This is where I open my idea up to ridicule by everyone here, so lets hear it.

They would get eaten the first night. There IS a difference between wild and domesticated and it would be apparent on their first encounter.

JB

It's a thought but then again I agree they would not win that fight.
Why not just invite Bigfoot to your ranch and tell him he has a place to stay as long as he whacks wolves?;)
Best,
Jerry
44f4e09309b4a917.jpg

THE PITS WOULDN"T QUALIFY AS A MAIN DISH, THEY WILL MOST LIKELY ENCOUNTER 2 OR MORE WOLVES....AND THE WOLVES ARE HUNGRY.----YD.

One on one in a pit where the wolf can't manuever, the pit bull would have a half decent chance. However,on a farm at night the dog wouldn't just be fighting one wolf, it would fight two or three while the rest of the pack would be attacking the livestock. That is why wolves are so deadly, they hunt instinctively together. The pits would all fight for themselves, not as a team against the wolves. You can train dogs to defend your herds though. It has been done for eons and eons. The smartest dogs don't fight the wolves head on but will try and move the herd away.

UTROY
Proverbs 21:19 (why I hunt!)

I like your way of thinking Grizz! Maybe make a pond with an island in the middle that is completely fenced . Place some sheep on the fenced island. Put a half dozen Crocs in the pond. When the wolves swim out for a lamb chop dinner.....THEY get the big chomp! Nothing to explain because there would be nothing left!:)

Eel

It would be interesting to watch in a morbid kind of way. I'ld be rooting for the dogs but my money would be on the wolves. I was in the absoroka with my llamas and a big dog who was never scared of anything dog-wise. He was a 105 lb. golden retriever not exactly a fighting dog I'll admit but could hold his own in any scrap he ever got into. We got into a pack of wolves that spent a few days right around us and he was glued to my leg the whole time. Never saw him like that before or after but he was terrified of those wolves. He was a big boy and they dwarfed him by comparison. The pups of that year were the same size as him, the adults had to be 40+ lbs bigger. More importantly never saw an animal or a track of anything but wolves for the whole hunt. He wasn't the only thing terrified of them.

I got a better idea

Lets all go get some dogs that have parvo and let them go then when the wolfs eats the dogs they will get parvo and DIE!!!!!

Anyone got some dogs with parvo

UThunting
Clynt L Citte
Willard Utah

Rhodesian Ridgebacks or Irish Wolfhounds would fare better as that is what they were bred for. In Africa they say three Rhodie's would take on a pride of lion and sort them out and actually kill one at a time by harrasement,. But I bet a pitbull, one on one would do ok. The parvo is the best idea!

I googled parvo and from what I can see it would work but then are tax $ would be spent to give the wolfs shots

But it might just thin the packs down before the feds figure it out

UThunting
Clynt L Citte
Willard Ut

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom