Ideas?

MaineFlatlander

I bought a new rifle a week ago (see new toy) today I said to heck with it and wanted to try it out since I can shoot 40 yards in the plowed part of my driveway without going butthole deep in snow so here is what happened

I grabbed some old reloads and set up my target. Nice trigger and it holds a nice group but they still hit 8 inches low and the scope is maxed out? Spoke to several people and they never had that problem so

Take the scope back off. Double check all parts (still have packages for correct ones) and then remount scope using level level.....just for the heck of it I crank it all the way down and then back to the middle for height adjusment.

Back outside and the same issue. Father in law shows up and he is stumped so

I take off the scope and grab the first one I find that isn't mounted-Pine Ridge- and mount it using the same bases/rings that I have been using and then back outside

No issue at all. Dials right in??

So I assume I got a bad scope from Nikon. I have numerous scopes from them and have never had an issue and will continue to use them. I will be returning it but any other ideas??

I had a red dot nikon scope do that same thing. Since I had bought it off ebay, I just shimmed it up and it has worked great for years...

But if I were in your shoes, I would send it back...

Update. It wasn't the scope. Same issue with a second one so it has to be the mounts. I double checked again and they (Warne) were the right ones. I checked the local gunshop and found Weaver mounts. On the package it is marked that they may need to be shimmed for a Vanguard. Not happy about that. I tried Weaver bases with Warne rings and it worked without shimming.

Sighted it in with some 20 year old Core-Lokt shot a nice inch group at 100 yards. Loaded up some Barnes 130 TTSX with H4350 and can get a group just over half an inch. Not bad for a "cheap" rifle.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom