Identity theft!!

H

HoundDawg

Alright, now I'm really getting irritated. It seems someone has stolen my identity and is out there dragging my name around in the mud. As if my name needs any more damage to it...

It wasn't a drivers license or checkbook or anything like that. Here is the story as related to me last night...

My neighbor stops by and he's recently been down hunting in Moab. He ran into some guys down hunting in Moab and mentioned where he lived.

The guy says, "Oh do you know this HoundDawg character?" (Actually, he used my real name, which is Hardin Longwood)

So he says, "You know this Hardin Longwood character?" My buddy says, sure he does, we live by each other.

It seems that someone strolled into their camp looking for a lost dog or something, started running their dogs down and when they asked who he was, he used my name.

I have no idea who any of these guys were, one of them was named Bruce Nay (spelling?) and I can't even remember the other guys name. My neighbor said he was a big Tongan looking fellar.

They said I walked into their camp and told them, "Why do you guys need 30 dogs to catch a bear? I don't need 30 dogs to catch a bear, I believe in quality, not quantity." Etc... My neighbor knew I'd never do that and told them it wasn't me, but whoever it was had used my name and hometown so they were convinced.

Anyone that knows me well, can see some obvious holes in that story and will realize it was not me in that camp.

#1- I haven't been in anyone's camp but my own. I never stray that far from my beer cooler.

#2- I'm ALL ABOUT quantity, cuz I've never had quality. I need more like 40 or 50 dogs to catch a bear but can't afford to feed that many. All my buddies would laugh at this comment since I have never seen quality in my kennel. I'm a firm believer when it comes to bear dogs, women from Shiprock and beer, QUANTITY always beats quality!!!

#3- Even if I did say that, I sure as hell would never say it to a "big Tongan looking bastard" as my buddy described the guy.

#4- Why would I be looking for my dogs? I just have to look in camp, my dog box, or at my side... cuz my dogs are either too tired and sore footed to run, asleep back in camp, in the dog kennel barking, or at my side listening to a good bear race.

I have a pretty good suspicion of who it is using my name, but that's OK. I guess turnabout is fair play cuz whenever I run across someone on the mountain, my name is Ed Hunter or CB.

-Dawg
Putting the "tity" in quantity

Hey DAWG! Good to see ya snap back so quickly!(don't you wish everything would snap back so quickly!)I remember an outfitter named Bruce Nay offering hunts out of Colorado a few years back, everything is linked together in this hunting community, it seems that someone will know just about anyone you run across in the woods, good or bad!Hell 30 dogs ain't that many a buddy just goes down to the dog pound and picks em up by the 12 pack!--(HunterHarry)- putting the FUN in dysfunctional!

C'mon now dawg,
Anyone that would steal your identity would surely be bringin' it right back as soon as he knew what he had. I can't imagine any situation so bad that someone (anyone) would be keepin' your true indentity and especially your real name for more than a couple minutes. It's a lot like a skunk in the coon traps, you can't get him dumped out fast enough.

The up side to all this is, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. You must be pretty famous, or there wouldn't be anyone trying to be you. Look at Elvis. The population of Las Vegas NV is more than 40% Elvis impersonators. Who's to say Shiprock and Moab won't be the same way with Dawg Wannabes. This one incident could prove to be the beginning of a trend. Time will tell I guess. KT

Dawg, You have a real problem. Not only is someone using your name, but just this afternoon I saw some dude in Gas n Go that looked just like you. At first I thought it might be Kattcrapp after his crash diet. But I am sure that it was either your evil twin, or the worst Elvis act I've ever seen. This dude even had a crapy lookin blue truck with hound window stickers. You need to find this guy and kick his a$$. He is goin to ruin your bad reputation.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom