IDIOTIC TURDS BUSTED!

N

NMHUNTNUTT1

SIX SUSPECTS PAY MAXIMUM FINES FOR LITTERING ON PECOS RIVER

CARLSBAD -- Five men and one woman from southeastern New Mexico collectively paid $3,402 in fines and court costs stemming from six littering citations issued by New Mexico Department of Game and Fish conservation officers.

During weekend angler patrol activities along the Pecos River south of Brantley Lake, officers Adam Wright and Brian Novosak observed six people floating down the river on tire tubes. The individuals were drinking and had several coolers floating along with them. Officers Wright and Novosak watched for about an hour and saw them toss numerous cans into the river. They also watched the suspects destroy a foam cooler and let the pieces float away. Both officers also heard the suspects laughing and talking about littering and boasting about "really messing up the river."

The suspects, ages 19-22, were identified as Megan McLeod, Nicholas Holley, Steven Nowak, Joseph Harris and Tyler Leadingham, all of Roswell; and Robert Goodloe of Artesia. They pleaded guilty or no contest to littering when they appeared June 26 before Eddy County Magistrate Henry Castaneda. Judge Castaneda assessed all six suspects the maximum fine of $500 each on the littering charges. All six also paid $67 in court costs.

and I thought that kind of stuff only went on in Texas????? Stuff like that makes me mad.....I hate seeing trash in water just as much as trash in forests - it's all the same.

Does anyone else but me think they got off easy? Did they have to do community service ie: picking up trash along the river they trashed? I think more than a fine, they should be on a chain-gang picking up litter on their weekends during the summer. But at least they got caught. Frigen idiots!

Scott G.

I see they are pretty young. Hopefully their parents just don't ante up the cash to pay the fines.
I pretty much agree with Scott. About 80 hours or so of river cleanup each would make them think about what they did.

To bad we can't make all the better lifers that trash our state clean up the mess they make while crossing the border.

Now before you go and throw ur beer cans in the water........................................make sure you fill them up with water first so they sink to the bottom.

Just kidding....................use rocks.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom