If I was in Charge

zeddro

With all the problems arising around our deer and elk herds, and the issues with our DWR's.

If I was in charge I would make 2 changes!

1) Completely delist, deregulate, and not manage Wolves and Mountain Lions. Treat both just like we treat coyotes, foxes, and jack rabbits.

2) All revenue generated by the DWR, stays with the DWR. We don't need to fund other branches of government. The DWR is a serious money maker. All of that revenue should stay to fund our herds and resources.

If you were in charge, What would you do?

Boy Have you got alot to f'n learn!

[font color=red size=redsize=18"face"]SHOW THEM TO ME![/font]
If You Love Your Country,SHOW THEM TO ME!

Hot Dog,Hot Damn,I love this Ameri-can

If I was in charge...

I would close the Henries down to everyone but me....at least until I had a 200" typical and 230" non typical.

>With all the problems arising around
>our deer and elk herds,
>and the issues with our
>DWR's.
>
>If I was in charge I
>would make 2 changes!
>
>1) Completely delist, deregulate, and not
>manage Wolves and Mountain Lions.
>Treat both just like we
>treat coyotes, foxes, and jack
>rabbits.
>
>2) All revenue generated by the
>DWR, stays with the DWR.
> We don't need to
>fund other branches of government.
> The DWR is a
>serious money maker. All
>of that revenue should stay
>to fund our herds and
>resources.
>
>If you were in charge, What
>would you do?

More outreach to teach people that the division's revenue doesn't go anywhere besides the division's account.

http://unitedwildlifecooperative.org

LAST EDITED ON Feb-29-12 AT 09:28AM (MST)[p]besides what sneak said (other than it would be elk ridge).

I would provide more outreach and education to...

1--notify the public that the UDWR does not have regulatory authority to delist, deregulate and manage wolves, this comes under the authority of the USFWS--a federal agency.

Todd Black

Visit our YouTube page
http://www.youtube.com/user/bulls4bto?feature=mhum

Wow! Not manage predators. Sounds like a solid plan for getting nothing accomplished. What gets managed is what gets done. How has your do nothing approach worked for coyotes, foxes and jack rabbits? Seems like we have a bunch of all of those animals so I assume you want more wolves and lions.

1) I would raise license and tag fees immediately. Double them at a bare minimum.
2) I would use science and the North American model to manage wildlife.
3) I would manage all predators, including the best one, man.

LAST EDITED ON Feb-29-12 AT 03:09PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Feb-29-12 AT 03:04?PM (MST)

I would do away with the initial draw system and auction off each and every tag at the SFW expo. So the only reason to leave checkbooks at home or not attend the expo is if you don't want to see an improvement in the elk & deer herds.

LAST EDITED ON Feb-29-12 AT 03:31PM (MST)[p]I guess I didn't make myself clear. What I meant was, if you see a wolf or mountain lion at anytime, you could kill it. No tag needed, no license needed. Shoot trap and poison them all you want.

That's what I meant.

"I would do away with the initial draw system and auction off each and every tag at the SFW expo. So the only reason to leave checkbooks at home or not attend the expo is if you don't want to see an improvement in the elk & deer herds."

tx_packmule - Do you work for SFW? That's exactly what they would like as well! Makes great sense, right? Hell, everyone can afford a $5,000 deer tag or a $15,000 Elk tag, right? Screw the average Joe, right?

Unbelievable!!! Am I missing something???

"The problem with quotes on Internet Forums is that it is often difficult to verify their authenticity." - Abraham Lincoln

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom