If you like baseball....

AZtrophyhunter

LAST EDITED ON Aug-02-08 AT 01:12AM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Aug-02-08 AT 01:08 AM (MST)

My friends & I have decided to do a stadium tour. This is what we have so far:
AZ
D-backs006.jpg

San Diego
7-16-06SD017.jpg

Oakland (Ghetto!)
WestCoastSwing032.jpg

San Fran
WestCoastSwing026.jpg

Famous McCovey Cove
WestCoastSwing022.jpg

Dodgers (Even more ghetto! And Dodgers fans suck)
WestCoastSwing005.jpg

Philly
Baseball2007028.jpg

Fenway (probably my favorite)
Baseball2007007.jpg

NY Shea
Baseball2007014.jpg

NY Spankees
thumbyankeestad.jpg

yankeeretired.jpg

And lastly......Cooperstown! What's up with the bloody sock? :)
Baseball2007038.jpg

Lots more to see. All I have to do is keep HER happy.
LOOKATUS.jpg

That's an awesome trip so far! I've been to Chase Field, Petco Park, Oakland Coliseum, AT&T Park (still the most beautiful park, IMO), Angels Stadium, Yankee Stadium, Comerica Park and Turner Field, but haven't been to some of the great stadiums like you've visited in Philly or Boston. I visited the Hall of Fame in 2002, and it was a wonderful place, though I wish I'd taken more time there. I had a baseball team with me, and teenagers don't have as much interest in that stuff as us adults.

I'm hoping to make a trip to Fenway in a year or two, and it'll be a special trip for me when I get there. One of the kids whom I've coached for several years was signed by the Red Sox and is quickly moving up through their minor league system. He's the #3 or 4 prospect in their entire system, currently playing AA in Portland, Maine and projected to be the starting first baseman in Boston, most likely in 2010. When he finally gets the call, he's promised to get me a ticket and I'm going to fly back there. I can't wait to stand and cheer for him when he's announced as one of the Red Sox. I got to watch him play a minor league game in May, when he was still in High A, and it was a nice treat. It's great to see your kids succeed, even when they're not your own kids, only ones you coached and mentored.

Other parks I really want to see include Wrigley Field, Camden Yards, PNC Park, Dodger Stadium, Coors Field and Busch Stadium.

AZ......I'm 61 years old. Pretty much seen most of them by now, but Buddy, you sure have a beautiful woman!......Oh, and nice road trip.

Hey AZman-

If your from AZ, where's the "snake pit" stadium, C'mon support the home team brutha!! ;-)

Nice pix, looks like a lot of fun compiling those!!

48288e6577d023b6.jpg

Very cool! So, why was Fenway your favorite? Are you a Red Sox fan or is it just a cool park?

I can't wait to see the new Busch Stadium in St. Louis. What a fun adventure you guys are on! How long do you think it'll take to see them all?

Jenn

LAST EDITED ON Aug-02-08 AT 07:11PM (MST)[p]AT&T Park in San Fran was a close second to Fenway. It really was beautiful & the weather was amazing. Yeah, the first pic is in Chase field. I'm a D-back fan, but the reason I liked Fenway was the ambiance of it. It was incredible! There was just a feeling there, I don't know how to explain it. Yankee Stadium was the same way, but I hate the Yankees so much I think it deterred from the experience. lol!

Who's your favorite D'backs player? I'm picking them to win the west again this year, sure hope they do. They're a very interesting team, lots of excitement on the field.

**** the Red SUX!! The reason you probably didnt like Yankee Stadium, was because it reeked of CHAMPIONSHIPS!!! Red Sox fans dont know much about that....what 3 in the last 100 years....long way to go to get to 27!!!!!

Well.....I'm jealous!

I have been to Kauffman, Rockies and Fenway and even though I HATE the Red Sox, I have to say that is a pretty cool old stadium. Those Boston fans are hardcore! We were walking around under the stadium looking at all the souveniers and saw an old B&W pic of Babe Ruth, there was a guy and his 4 y.o. kid looking at it as well (both wearing Sox jerseys, hats, etc..) and the man said to his kid, "See that man right there, he was the greatest hitter ever in the history of baseball", then he paused and said "and there is a special place in hell for him!" and they walked away. If nothing else, those Boston fans can hold a grudge!

Rut

Having been to both Yankee Stadium and Fenway Park, I must agree with AZ. The ambiance and the crowd at Fenway was unbelievable. Yankee Stadium was cool, but not in the same league as Fenway.

This summer we went to the college world series at Rosenblatt Stadium. That was awesome. Along the way we went to games at Coors Feild and Kaufman Stadium in KC.

Thats cool!
My brother flew into NYC last friday with his two boys and a nephew to so the boys could watch a game in the House that Ruth built before they bring it down.

Isn't the bloody sock from Kirt Shilling when he was pitching in the world series?

Hey Tuff, all those Yankee championships,
are kinda like silicon boobies.
They are fun to fondle & look at,
but at the end of the day,
you know they are fake & they were store bought.

One of my goals when I retire is to see a game in every park before I go. Been to all on the west coast and I think Safeco is right up there with the Giants park. Can't wait to go to Wrigley and some of the new parks. Great pictures, makes me jealous.

Rich

You wanna talk about an awesome stadium, I watched the Red Sox play the Cubs at Wrigley a couple years ago. It was the middle of June and it was like a playoff atmosphere. I have tickets for the last regular season game at Wrigley this year against the hated Cardinals. Yes I am a Cubs fan. I am very excited about the year they're having. I have been to a few others, but if you have never been to Wrigley, GO!!! Sit out in the outfield bleachers and take it all in. There is no place in the world with an atmosphere like that.

CSO

It's all about the good times...

Wrigley is nice CSO........but when do you think your Cubbies are gonna choke? There's only 50 something games left in the season, they better get to playing crappy soon!!!! They have a reputation to uphold!!!

Straight from the STL!!!Go Cards!!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom