If you must lay off employees in 2009

D

Deadred7o7

From a small business owner:
As a business owner who employs 30 people, I have resigned myself to the fact that Barack Obama will be our next President and that my taxes and fees will go up in a BIG way.

To compensate for these increases, I figure that our customers will have to see an increase in my fees of about 8%. I will also have to lay off six of my employees. This really bothered me as I believe we are family here and didn't know how to choose who will have to go. So, this is what I did. I strolled through the parking lot and found eight Obama bumper stickers on my employees' cars. I have decided these folks will be the first to be laid off.

I can't think of more fair way to approach this problem. If you have a better idea, let me know.

I got this in an e-mail
Kyle
"If it moves shoot it again"

As long as this is still America, An employer can fire whom ever he wishes. But due to the growing liberal belief of entitlment, I'm sure they will find a way to file a lawsuit regardless. Free my A$$.

"A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

LAST EDITED ON Nov-06-08 AT 06:47PM (MST)[p]"As long as this is still America, An employer can fire whom ever he wishes."

I wish that were true,there's a lot of things you need to know as an employer to keep you out of trouble for wrongful discharge and discrimination.....Your choice of bumper stickers is not a reasonable factor an employer can use to discharge you.... He'd better have built a better case than that or he's open for some potentially expensive litigation....... Terry

If you are in utah it is a right to work state. So I guess those poor Obama suckers are just plain out of luck. Since it is a right to work state you can fire people without cause.

If you're going to fire them you better do it soon. Obama is a big union guy. When he takes away the secret ballot for joining the union, you won't be able to fire anybody.

Eel

I wish that more of our representatives in congress has come from the real world of working for or owning a business. It is hard enough to run a business in todays climate regulation, fuel prices, health insurance and now the economy. What the Pols don't understand is that most companies run on a razor thin net profit margin. If a business has a few bad years and has to borrow money their costs go up. Then they make a good profit the 3rd year, instead of being able to pay their loan down, under the new proposed taxes you might not be able too.

I am also afraid that we will do nothing now on the energy problem we have in this country. My company purchases around 16,000 gallons of fuel per month. I'm sure we are going to see 5-7 dollars a gallon when the economy turns around. That knocks the heck out of any margin. It's tough out there and I don't think many in Washington DC even have a clue.

>LAST EDITED ON Nov-06-08
>AT 06:47?PM (MST)

>
>"As long as this is still
>America, An employer can fire
>whom ever he wishes."
>
>I wish that were true,there's a
>lot of things you need
>to know as an employer
>to keep you out of
>trouble for wrongful discharge and
>discrimination.....Your choice of bumper stickers
>is not a reasonable factor
>an employer can use to
>discharge you.... He'd better have
>built a better case than
>that or he's open for
>some potentially expensive litigation....... Terry
>

Sounds like you've researched your options.
Keep paying your dues Stickman, I'm sure your job is safe.

"A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

"Sounds like you've researched your options.
Keep paying your dues Stickman, I'm sure your job is safe."

I'm glad your sure my job is safe. Maybe you can talk to the guy who decided to close our division down at the end of the year.

All that aside I think you read me wrong.... I'd just hate to see a guy with his head in the right place get hammered...... There's planty of ways for this guy to get the Obama sticker clan out in the RIF without exposing his company to expensive litigation...... Terry

now thats intelligent go around looking at bumper stickers to see who to lay off, no wonder you have to lay people off, instead of laying off the most unproductive employees you look at bumper stickers, maybe you should just get out of the business and let people that know how companys operate efficiently take over

Uh.....Like Obama?

------------------------------------------------------
"Yeah, I'll shoot him"

The employess with the Obama Stickers ARE probably the most unproductive.

from the "Heartland of Wyoming"

>The employess with the Obama Stickers
>ARE probably the most unproductive.
>
>
x2....almost assuredly

JB

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom