illegal off roading

even if a trail is created it takes 13,000 miles of atv trails to create 10 sq miles of lost habitat= to 6400 acres. there is 22,000,000 acres of blm land in utah alone! you really honestly think there is a significant amount of damage from atv trails?

now figure in the hundreds of thousands acres of habitat lost to fire suppression there is no comparison! none whatsoever! the overgrown pj and sage stands are far more degrading to the habitat then 4wheelers ever will be to a wildlife perspective!

thats ok shummy! im not insulting your family anymore then your trying to insult me! you know nothing of me you punk! you dont wanna go cause you know dang well ill prove you and your wife wrong! your dang right i dont personally know you and i dont care for enviromentalists anyway! my family has done more for that unit then you will ever do! we have created more habitat and water then you know! im really not a bad guy just because i disagree with yoiu! i have a right to reply to every single post you have! if you dont like it dont post! welcome to public forums buddy!

LAST EDITED ON Aug-09-12 AT 06:25PM (MST)[p]>The info. may be 2 years
>old but still pertinent. If
>you scroll all the way
>down there are a bunch
>of pics.
>
>http://www.glorietamesa.org/ohv-orv-facts-sheet.php

those are ALL roads create4d by trucks not atvs! also all are repeatedly and maliciuosly run over! thats not a one pass even two or 3 passes there man! keep trying guys! i know you can prove me wrong! all those pics you show are the same pics the enviro whack jobs use to try to create unnecessary rules!

I have a good friend who is a LEO in S.E Utah. If you give him picture proof like shummy has gathered he will gladly take it the rest of the way.

If anybody ever needs his assistance, PM me.

>"also all are repeatedly and maliciuosly
>run over!"
>
>Now I know you're an idiot.
>

how.... what about that was not common sense do you not see that those are trails,... NOT ONE OR 2 PASSES LIKE A SHED HUNTER ETC MAKES. i dont need to call you an idiot you just called yourself one!! there is a far bigger difference when someone is purposely tearin the ground up by spinning donuts in a spring or bog, then someone making a pass offroad to shed hunt or to retrieve an animal.

Theox lazy bastards like you put new trails in the west desert in my good chukar spots. Before I know it, its a full blown highway with more pressure on deer and all other wildlife. Get your lazy ass off your wheeler and walk! Not hard! If your too lazy to get off your wheeler to look for sheds than I would be embarrassed!

All it takes is for one lazy ass to create a trail that others see because the grass stays pushed down into the next year at least or further. One goes, others follow, trails are made, grass/erosion occurs, illegal trail.
I get snow machine out in the grain and alfalfa, you best better believe it creates damage by making an imprint from the tracks into the ground and snow compacts. When run off starts, it has a wonderful track to follow to erode the ground into a full blown river.
It wasnt run over multiple times, just once. Thats all it takes.
How do you think these trails were started? The forest service or BLM went out and rode atvs through the forest to create a trail? Hell no. One went, then 2, then, 3 and so on.
It only takes one.

>Theox lazy bastards like you put
>new trails in the west
>desert in my good chukar
>spots. Before I know it,
>its a full blown highway
>with more pressure on deer
>and all other wildlife. Get
>your lazy ass off your
>wheeler and walk! Not hard!
>If your too lazy to
>get off your wheeler to
>look for sheds than I
>would be embarrassed

hahahahaha. good one. i hike my guts out every year! im not lazy one bit! i have not once said i shed hunted off a 4 wheeler! not once! i said when people do its not damaging anything! you wanna talk chukars go over by winnemucca nv whew eeee thats chukar country!!! pm ill tell ya a great chukar area over there, right next to the atv trails!(serious) good try on callin me lazy too lol, i hike to shed hunt and i hike to hunt! i prefer hiking to using horses for hunting and i prefer hiking over loud obnoxious atvs. however i choose not to lie about the damage they cause! i hate hearing them when i am hunting, but i know it would be dishonest to say they cause this widespread damage when they dont just because i dont like atv guys hunting and burining up the trails! in fact it down right ticks me off when a guy is buzzing trails or jumpin sage during the hunt cause the deer dont stick around long. but im not gonna lie and say it causes damage when it doesnt. i just find areas 4 wheelers dont or cant go. anyway like i said call me what ya want but it does not change the fact that atvs driving over a spot a couple times does no damage!
ive admitted that repeated passes cause problems, but just drivin off road once or twice in a spot does not damage the overgrown old useless sage, or the extensives grass roots we have. heck crested wheat grass roots can go several feet in the ground and spread several feet wide. thats why they are so tough and drought tolerant! and trample tolerant! rice grass, needle and thread etc same thing! tough trample resistant grasses!!!!! get real guys! ive done the research on these plants. ive seen first hand the abuse they can take! ive seen tractors drive over them while picking seed etc. one pass, even several does not kill the plants. i know it would make sense that it would but the extensive root systems these desert plants have is phenomenal! they are tough drought/trample resistant plants!

>All it takes is for one
>lazy ass to create a
>trail that others see because
>the grass stays pushed down
>into the next year at
>least or further. One goes,
>others follow, trails are made,
>grass/erosion occurs, illegal trail.
>I get snow machine out in
>the grain and alfalfa, you
>best better believe it creates
>damage by making an imprint
>from the tracks into the
>ground and snow compacts. When
>run off starts, it has
>a wonderful track to follow
>to erode the ground into
>a full blown river.
>It wasnt run over multiple times,
>just once. Thats all it
>takes.
>How do you think these trails
>were started? The forest service
>or BLM went out and
>rode atvs through the forest
>to create a trail? Hell
>no. One went, then 2,
>then, 3 and so on.
>
>It only takes one.

get real! i suppose all the washes that are around were created by atvs hundreds of years ago right!

funny how i did a job shadow with a biologist and we drove a 4 wheeler all over offroads huh! lol. ive never seen a river from an atv or snowmobile trail. could you post a pic please.id like to believe you, but sounds over exaggerated! funny how our hayfields have 12 inch deep cow prints in them in the winter and the grass alfalfa still comeback huh! i agree if people are constantly driving on a spot its gonna degrade it i have not denied it once! but i can tell you i dont follow other peoples 4 wheeler tracks unless its on a trail or road im on! like i said before! atv trails are not as bad as you guys think! 13000 miles of atv trails is equivalent to 10 square miles of land. not that much! how many miles of atv trails you guys thin we have here? ill bet you we have more loss to the paved roads and cities we have created in utah county then in the entire state! why are you guys not protesting new roads etc? that takes a heck of a lot more habitat and makes a bigger impact then a measley 4 wheeler trail!

JFP!!!

Took a few days huh ox to respond?

Tell you what ox!

I've got a Wheeler here in the Yard with ITP's that boast 1-1/2" of Turf Mulching Traction!

Can I ride on your Private Ground?

How bout your Lawn?

I just wanna show you they do NO HARM!:D

You're so Secluded you can't see in to the Future as far as tomorrow morning!

Remember the TUNE-UP ox!

They do happen once in a while!

[font color=red size=redsize=18"face"]SHOW THEM TO ME![/font]
If You Love Your Country,SHOW THEM TO ME!

I've got Wild Honey Tree's and Crazy Little Weeds growin around my Shack!
These Dusty Roads ain't streets of gold but I'm happy right where I'm at!
All these Perty little Western Belles are a Country Boys Dream!
They ain't got Wings or MM Halo's but they sure look good to me!

>JFP!!!
>
>Took a few days huh ox
>to respond?
>
>Tell you what ox!
>
>I've got a Wheeler here in
>the Yard with ITP's that
>boast 1-1/2" of Turf Mulching
>Traction!
>
>Can I ride on your Private
>Ground?
>
>How bout your Lawn?
>
>I just wanna show you they
>do NO HARM!:D
>
>You're so Secluded you can't see
>in to the Future as
>far as tomorrow morning!
>
>Remember the TUNE-UP ox!
>
>They do happen once in a
>while!
>
>
>
>
>
>[font color=red size=redsize=18"face"]SHOW THEM TO ME![/font]
>
>If You Love Your Country,SHOW THEM
>TO ME!
>
>
>I've got Wild Honey Tree's and
>Crazy Little Weeds growin around
>my Shack!
>These Dusty Roads ain't streets of
>gold but I'm happy right
>where I'm at!
>All these Perty little Western Belles
>are a Country Boys Dream!
>
>They ain't got Wings or MM
>Halo's but they sure look
>good to me!
>

lol yeah i got my ego broken down so bad from you last time sttm that i had to recover for a couple days. sure you can come ride! lol are we talkin just riding or you intentionally spinning donuts and diggin holes? Like i said stuff like that can do damage but puttering over it wont hurt a thing.not denying there are a few bad apples out there that do that but doesnt mean we all should lose the rights. thats the same thing as the tards trying to take our guns casue a few bad apples decide they need to slay a room full of people. what i am sayin is just normal riding is not gonna hurt the vegitation unless its repeated in the same spot over and over! and i know you guys cannot deny that! of course if ya got a bunch of guys maliciously tearing up the ground on purpose trying to hurt it, its gonna set the grass back, but i bet it wont kill the plant!.

i wont deny there is some bad apples creating some areas of problems, what im arguing is that not everyone is creating the problem that drives off road. its simply not true! i know its hard to regulate who will and who wont, but you can make the same argument about anything, guns included. fact is there are guys that go offroad that cause no damage! they just putter around lookin for a horn. then you got idiots that purposely and maliciously chew the stuff up, but i dont think its as common as you guys say. maybe in a few areas its a real bad problem. i just odnt see the habitat loss you guys are claiming around me.

you guys act like an atv goes offroad its killing the grass and plants no matter what. i just have not seen that be the case.
also like i stated it takes a dang lot of miles of atv trails to lose much habitat. i dont know how many miles we have in the state but ill bet its a very small fraction of 1% of the public land we have. like 1/1000th of 1 percent. i dont see a problem with a bunch of trails in the state. atvers deserve to use the public land also there is nothin sayin that hunters shoudl choose how its used only! atvers deserve some trails and if they are only using a fraction of 1 percent i dont mind! it does suck and is frustrating hikin into an area to find out there is a 4 wheeler trail right there i agree! but for the atvers its great! i think your guys generalization of atvs cause widespread damage is false, i still believe its a small fraction of th habitat that trails are made of. anyway i think i ticked enough of you guys off tonight. i may just shut up for the rest of the night

>>JFP!!!
>>
>>Took a few days huh ox
>>to respond?
>>
>>Tell you what ox!
>>
>>I've got a Wheeler here in
>>the Yard with ITP's that
>>boast 1-1/2" of Turf Mulching
>>Traction!
>>
>>Can I ride on your Private
>>Ground?
>>
>>How bout your Lawn?
>>
>>I just wanna show you they
>>do NO HARM!:D
>>
>>You're so Secluded you can't see
>>in to the Future as
>>far as tomorrow morning!
>>
>>Remember the TUNE-UP ox!
>>
>>They do happen once in a
>>while!
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>[font color=red size=redsize=18"face"]SHOW THEM TO ME![/font]
>>
>>If You Love Your Country,SHOW THEM
>>TO ME!
>>
>>
>>I've got Wild Honey Tree's and
>>Crazy Little Weeds growin around
>>my Shack!
>>These Dusty Roads ain't streets of
>>gold but I'm happy right
>>where I'm at!
>>All these Perty little Western Belles
>>are a Country Boys Dream!
>>
>>They ain't got Wings or MM
>>Halo's but they sure look
>>good to me!
>>
>
>lol yeah i got my ego
>broken down so bad from
>you last time sttm that
>i had to recover for
>a couple days. sure you
>can come ride! lol
>are we talkin just riding
>or you intentionally spinning donuts
>and diggin holes? Like i
>said stuff like that can
>do damage but puttering over
>it wont hurt a thing.not
>denying there are a few
>bad apples out there that
>do that but doesnt mean
>we all should lose the
>rights. thats the same thing
>as the tards trying to
>take our guns casue a
>few bad apples decide they
>need to slay a room
>full of people. what i
>am sayin is just normal
>riding is not gonna hurt
>the vegitation unless its repeated
>in the same spot over
>and over! and i know
>you guys cannot deny that!
>of course if ya got
>a bunch of guys maliciously
>tearing up the ground on
>purpose trying to hurt it,
>its gonna set the grass
>back, but i bet it
>wont kill the plant!.
>
>i wont deny there is some
>bad apples creating some areas
>of problems, what im arguing
>is that not everyone is
>creating the problem that drives
>off road. its simply not
>true! i know its hard
>to regulate who will and
>who wont, but you can
>make the same argument about
>anything, guns included. fact is
>there are guys that go
>offroad that cause no damage!
>they just putter around lookin
>for a horn. then you
>got idiots that purposely and
>maliciously chew the stuff up,
>but i dont think its
>as common as you guys
>say. maybe in a few
>areas its a real bad
>problem. i just odnt see
>the habitat loss you guys
>are claiming around me.
>
>you guys act like an atv
>goes offroad its killing the
>grass and plants no matter
>what. i just have not
>seen that be the case.
>
>also like i stated it takes
>a dang lot of miles
>of atv trails to lose
>much habitat. i dont know
>how many miles we have
>in the state but ill
>bet its a very small
>fraction of 1% of the
>public land we have. like
>1/1000th of 1 percent. i
>dont see a problem with
>a bunch of trails in
>the state. atvers deserve to
>use the public land also
>there is nothin sayin that
>hunters shoudl choose how its
>used only! atvers deserve some
>trails and if they are
>only using a fraction of
>1 percent i dont mind!
>it does suck and is
>frustrating hikin into an area
>to find out there is
>a 4 wheeler trail right
>there i agree! but for
>the atvers its great! i
>think your guys generalization of
>atvs cause widespread damage is
>false, i still believe its
>a small fraction of th
>habitat that trails are made
>of. anyway i think i
>ticked enough of you guys
>off tonight. i may just
>shut up for the rest
>of the night

Before I tell you Nite!

Go check my Reply on the Job Thread!

[font color=red size=redsize=18"face"]SHOW THEM TO ME![/font]
If You Love Your Country,SHOW THEM TO ME!

I've got Wild Honey Tree's and Crazy Little Weeds growin around my Shack!
These Dusty Roads ain't streets of gold but I'm happy right where I'm at!
All these Perty little Western Belles are a Country Boys Dream!
They ain't got Wings or MM Halo's but they sure look good to me!

It only takes one trail and a thousand idiots using it to destroy a hunting area and and those animals in the habitat. And just one of those idiots going off trail once creating a path followed by more idiots that come in after him. Its a never ending cycle of pure idiocy. Those people ruin it for those obeying the laws. Shooting themselves in the foot.

I was mocking your "also all are repeatedly and maliciuosly run over," statement when you referred to the pictures provided. I didn't figure you'd understand the joke though. It was meant for those that can follow such things.

Nice job turning them in. I was scouting for elk this weekend and didn't see squat in a particular area I have seen a bunch of elk in EVERY time. Took an hour dirt bike ride down to a trail head that is supposed to be closed. Some A-hole ripped out the sign and there is heavy bike traffic going up and into where the elk WERE. So pissed my gut feeling was right.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom