Illinois Whitetail

I was fortunate enough to harvest this 10pt last week in Illinois with my bow. He green scored 165"
473cfaa875f3df75.jpg

Great Archery Buck. He is a beauty. I would not hesitate to fling an arrow at a buck like that. Hope one like that come my way.

Great buck!!!! Was he on public or private land? I just received permission last week to hunt a 120 acre parcel and put my treestand up Saturday. Went in this morning just for an hour to check it out and took my first archery yote at 26 yards. I can't wait to spend more than an hour out there!!

I was hunting on 1000 acres of private land & i seen a bunch of yotes! Goodluck to you!

Was that a guided hunt or just have access to the private land? If not guided, did you have to pay a trespass fee or just know the owner? Northern or southern ILL?
Dandy buck 7, mounting it I expect?
Thanks for posting.

When it comes to private land, it's like gold. Depending on the owner, they may charge you a fee to hunt the land, or already have people hunting it and SOL. Or, they charge you, you get out there, only to find that there are people every hundred yards that paid as well. If you get lucky, and I mean lucky, you may just be in the right place at the right time and the owner will let you hunt at no charge or you know the landowner. Otherwise, there are private "ranches" that are catered towards whitetail hunting but you will be for sure paying to hunt. Your last option is public land, but it is few and far between, with a lot of pressure. With that being said, good bucks are taken every year on public land.

I was hunting private land in Schulyer county & it was semi guided. i paid for the lodging & a tresspass fee.

Hey guys my cousin is active military stationed there in Illinois, he has zero contacts as far as ground to hunt or trespass fees and the amount of private land discourages him. I told him I would try to find out some info he loves to hunt. Can ya help me out with some access or good general public areas he might check out??

Great buck 7 glad to see you on here.

congrats on a mighty fine deer

THE LORD IS MY ROCK
NRA LIFE MEMBER
HUNTING PASS IT ON

I took 2 bucks this year off Illinois public land this year. Not 160" though. Those are tough there!

Here's my archery buck taken October 3 in Will County:

47624f0953eb25ef.jpg

And here's my muzzleloader buck taken November 17 in Cass County:

476250d957256586.jpg

I don't get gaggers on IL public land but they still beat the heck out of Indiana.

Thanks for sharing Zim! We have a few nice bucks running around in Indiana but not near as many as Illinois!

Thanks to you as well TGWH hope your having a great season!

>I was fortunate enough to harvest
>this 10pt last week in
>Illinois with my bow. He
>green scored 165"
>
473cfaa875f3df75.jpg

That is one hell of a buck. Congrats

?Justice consists not in being neutral between right and wrong, but in finding out the right and upholding it, wherever found, against the wrong.?
---Theodore Roosevelt,

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Whitetail Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Whitetail Pros Guide Service

Southern Iowa and Missouri Private Land Whitetail Hunts. Rifle, Archery, Muzzleloader.

Antler Creek Whitetails

Archery hunt in Northeast Kansas. Rut and pre-rut, hunting from treestands and blinds.

Back
Top Bottom