I'm Bragging

ForkWest

Very Active Member
Brag'n and shameless corporate marketing, how about that in one post you frick'n MM posers!!!
J/K!

Really though, after 40 shots and jello for an arm, backed it up to 70 yards. Tough to hold form when you're tired but its a good way to force yourself to go through all the right steps. Hammerd this group and called it a night.

319070_group.jpg

>Pfft... Amateur....
>
>J/K. Nice group...
>
>"Courage is being scared to death
>but saddling
>up anyway."

+1 ALSO just kidding, helluva group!!!

Not a bad 120 yard group...

:) Good shooting!

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

That pic is worthless without a forensics ruler. For all we know that target is the size of a Greyhound bus. :)
4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

I've been shooting arrows off-n-on (more off) for a LONG time and I couldn't do that. Good shooting!!

Within the shadows, go quietly.

Not one in the black??? You better find a new sport cause your gonna be wounding alot of animals.....Really though, from 70 yards, nice shooting!

You must be using that new Swaro Bow Scope to shoot that 175 yard group.

I heading to 'hornkiller's' place and help him site in his new Whiskey barrel.....ha

Robb

>>That pic is worthless without a forensics ruler. For all we know that target is the size of a Greyhound bus. :) <<

1911, that would make them arrows as big as a 6 foot spear. Id like to see the bow he shot that out of! :)

Forkwest, nice shooting and great group. Good on you to push the envelope when you're tired, and that's a great way to end a session of shooting.

GBA

Just think......that group would be about 1/2 that size if you were using helic fletching. That's why they started putting rifling in gun barrels a few years ago.

Still a very nice group especially clear out at 70 yards. Lots of air time for things to go wrong or change. always keep that in mind when hunting, and try to get closer (just trying to be helpful).

I keep reading and hearing about a helical fletch. Maybe its time. Do you do your own?

To be clear, I'd never shoot at an animal at 70 yards. But dang, those 70 and 80 yards shots, make the 30 and 40s feel like a chip shot. Great for practice.

That would be my 10 yard pin!!!!

Government doesn't fix anything and has spent trillions proving it!!!
Let's face it...After Monday and Tuesday, even the calender says WTF!

Yes, I do my own with a Bitzenberger jig. I use the real short target vains and glue them on with a real tight right hand twist. It has a way of minimizing the little variations from one arrow to another. I also number each of my arrows, so when practicing I can watch to see if one arrow is grouping differently than others. Helical fletching is the only way I could get my broadheads to fly consistantly. With straight fletching, the slightest breeze or form deviation could send my arrow out of the group (flyers).

I hear ya on the long shots being good for practice. I used to compete in the Utah Summer Games in the Bowhunter division and we shot at 30, 50, 70, & 100 meters. I could get 6-10 inch groups on a good day at the 100 meter distance (I'm bragging). Then at normal hunting distances, it seemed easy.

I know that deer can be killed at longer distances with our modern archery equipment. I've seen it done, and I've even tried it myself. But I won't do it again. There are too many things that can change during the long flight of that arrow. After losing a good buck with one of my arrows stuck into his rear femur bone, I won't try it again.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom