I'm Done!!

AIROHUNTER

Again and again I continue to see magazines and television programs show poor ethics and standards. Again and again I read or watch some d-bag kill an animal at dark, recover it only to see some beautiful daylight picture of the hunter and the animal. Have we decided it's ok to put more emphasis on the picture than the wholesomeness of the meat. I will not renew my subscription to those who are willing to publish and therefore condone such actions.

My favorite hunts are because they were with friends and family not just because "I got one".

oakie dokie

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

LAST EDITED ON Dec-01-12 AT 11:02PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Dec-01-12 AT 11:00?PM (MST)

I know what you mean. Awhile back I was looking at a Hunting magazine and this guy had a big Bow kill Muley Buck. The story said how he got the buck after a good stalk and clean shot. But looking at the deer it was bloated! The legs were off the ground stiff. You could tell the face had been on the ground for a day or two with dryed blood and grass stuck to it. What a joke that deer was wasted meat! I wish he would of told the real story. Not the one that made him look good.

I've let my magazine subscription expire about a year ago. I don't post pics to brag about what I've done. I recently had a conversation with a good friend about hunting and killing big animals and such. We both came to the conclusion, that the size of the antlers doesn't mean a whole lot, if a certain buck/bull gets me going, I'm going to take that animal, regardless if he's bigger than someone elses. It seems that hunting anymore is about, score and killing bigger than the next guy. Seems like alot of guys are putting their worth as a hunter on the size and number of critters they can kill. I feel that I've killed my fair share of nice animals, hell, I've probably passed alot of deer I should have shot, but looking back, they just didn't get me going enough.

This is a hard subject to be able to put into words correctly.

But, I agree, is seems like the trophy kill is all that matters, and at whatever costs.

I'm as much of an antler hunter as the next guy,but nowdays the "trophy" is all that matters to many,it seems.The hunt itself is the trophy,IMO.

LAST EDITED ON Dec-02-12 AT 01:18PM (MST)[p]i gave up on the hunting shows, they just talk about how tough there hunt was and how they did DIY on a freakin ranch. and how they brag about knocking down mosnters everywhere they go. i would like to see them try some public ground....

and i would like to see them pack out an animal other than a gator/4-wheeler.....

i was just flipping through the channels and camron hanes was just bragging on the show team elk how hard it is chasing some big ranch bull. more real hunters on this website then him...

"getting real sick of that chevy ad in the elk forum"

I think Chevy is a partner on this website. If you buy a 2013 four door duramax I think they will take the add off for you.

>I think Chevy is a partner
>on this website. If you
>buy a 2013 four door
>duramax I think they will
>take the add off for
>you.

nothing against chevy but i keep clicking on the add when i want to click on a thread. they chevy add seemed to go away.. nothing against chevy use to drive a dirtymax.

I shot a buck at just before dark two years ago but it was colder weather. I took care of the insides and stuff like that and we positioned him for pictures the following morning. There is a very bright and blue sky in the background and the pics are perfect. Did not lose one piece of meat. I realize the weather can be a big factor but I still utilized the meat and got my photos. It can be done.

I've been on plenty of hunts during August/September where bucks have been shot and let sit over night. Not once have we ever walked up on a spoiled buck or ruined meat.

I do know of a group of guys that like to chase their deer into the night and have yet to recover a single deer. I don't have a problem with these guys wanting a good photoduring the day. I also don't believe that every animal that sits overnight will spoil either. Just my opinion

The shows and mags are for the guys that have never done it and the guys that think their yearly guided hunt is hunting,dont watch em wont read em.

There are times when the right decision is to leave the animal overnight rather than bump it do to a poor or misplaced shot. but to willingly place a photo op over the recovery or dispatch of the animal and the edible meat is unacceptable.

My favorite hunts are because they were with friends and family not just because "I got one".

Ya,just like the Lasoskys and the list goes on and on,pull up to their hunt on a tour motor home and their tough private land hunt.Never do a public national forest type hunt to bag their trophy.Don,t watch any more either or buy their endorsed products.The HUNTING aspect just isn't there any more for those type.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom