I'm going moose hunting (63a)! Idaho results are up!

So excited to have this tag! Recently moved to Idaho with military and am loving it. Short weapons hunt along the snake. I'll be sure to share stories and photos as the scouting and the hunt unfold. If anyone is willing to share suggestions on where to start scouting I would love to chat.

Get a boat, or a friend with one for best coverage. Make friends with the farmers with hay fields along the river up in the Twin Bridges area. Don't get discouraged if you're scouting a lot, but not seeing much. Summer is hot and they don't like it! Look for them early and late until about Sept. 1st.

Here's a couple nice bulls from your unit. Congrats.

9122idahomoose2012066.jpg

20830099.jpg

Wow! Those are some incredible bulls! Thanks for sharing. How difficult do you think it will be with archery gear? Would you recommend sticking to shotgun or muzzy? Know of anywhere that rents boats?

Congrats on you drawing a great tag, and more important Thanks For Your Service

Joe

"Sometimes you do things wrong for so long you
think their right" - 2001
"I can't argue with honesty" - 2005
-Joe E Sikora

So excited to have this tag! Recently moved to Idaho with military and am loving it. Short weapons hunt along the snake. I'll be sure to share stories and photos as the scouting and the hunt unfold. If anyone is willing to share suggestions on where to start scouting I would love to chat.
Hey my wife just drew a tag for this same hunt and just wanted to see how your hunt went???

There are some good bulls there, and occasionally a great bull. Put in your time, know what you want, and hold out for it. Most shots should all be less than 100 yards. Archery is very do able. If you're going to gun hunt, I'd recommend a shotgun, just because you can load 5 slugs. Don't let them get into the river, after shooting!!!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom