I'm tellin ya, its a comin

202typical

Long Time Member
Just like I said in my "Iran" post.............

Russian intelligence sees U.S. military buildup on Iran border
17:31 | 27/ 03/ 2007

MOSCOW, March 27 (RIA Novosti) - Russian military intelligence services are reporting a flurry of activity by U.S. Armed Forces near Iran's borders, a high-ranking security source said Tuesday.

"The latest military intelligence data point to heightened U.S. military preparations for both an air and ground operation against Iran," the official said, adding that the Pentagon has probably not yet made a final decision as to when an attack will be launched.

He said the Pentagon is looking for a way to deliver a strike against Iran "that would enable the Americans to bring the country to its knees at minimal cost."

He also said the U.S. Naval presence in the Persian Gulf has for the first time in the past four years reached the level that existed shortly before the invasion of Iraq in March 2003.

Col.-Gen. Leonid Ivashov, vice president of the Academy of Geopolitical Sciences, said last week that the Pentagon is planning to deliver a massive air strike on Iran's military infrastructure in the near future.

A new U.S. carrier battle group has been dispatched to the Gulf.

The USS John C. Stennis, with a crew of 3,200 and around 80 fixed-wing aircraft, including F/A-18 Hornet and Superhornet fighter-bombers, eight support ships and four nuclear submarines are heading for the Gulf, where a similar group led by the USS Dwight D. Eisenhower has been deployed since December 2006.

The U.S. is also sending Patriot anti-missile systems to the region.

If we attacked Iran through Iraq we would be shot in the back at every opportunity. Russia is applying pressure by withholding the last pieces of the reactor, the fuel.

It is not prudent to attack Iran now just as diplomatic pressure is heating up. I think any deployment is more defensive because Iran may wish to lash out at it's precieved enemies and the American troops in Iraq make a tempting target.

Nemont

I would have thought Dudes response would have gone more like this..."Since when has Bush ever been prudent"

All's I'm sayin is Iran is definetly on the hit list, and it aint long.

I say hammer them, they've been trying to push our buttons for a long time now. Bring them to their knees from the air, and have the ground forces ready in case they try to retaliate by invading Iraq on the ground. Iran's leadership could use a little wake-up call.

Jody

Hit them now? have you learned anything from Iraq? unlike Iraq they will have nukes someday if the world lets them but a pre emtive strike would not be in anyone's best interest at this time. it won't happen either, not after the last one. for those who are all for a strike you might want to sign up for duty and open your wallet because if you haven't noticed we're a little busy and over extended in a place called Iraq. war is like taxes, the only good one is the one where somebody else pays. we have some time yet calm down boys, there may come a time we have no choice though I won't deny that.

Iraq had paper airplanes and we've been there 5 years. by enemy planes or by SAM's American pilots would die, real fun.

i have tOo dogs. bart And AXle ,I like my doogs! even ThE BROWN OnE ..D black dog is 2 haper and bites my Pinis.. the brOWn doggy IS OLd AND SMELLS bad and sleepz alot BUT STILL an good ol boy! All tooze OF THEM want to boob I meant bomb them because They eat dogz...bart don't care bout loi opps oli I mean oil...
rm

LAST EDITED ON Mar-28-07 AT 11:03PM (MST)[p]just mess'in BESSY..A SPOOF FROM..

(LIKE "forthewall" wrote in the Iran post)

Hi Buttshot!
"I have a black cat and his name is Jake, he meows alot. I like Jake he is my favorite cat. He has a friend named Boomer, but Boomer bites sometimes. I don't like him..."

I died!!
RM

I'm sure some of us have differing opinions on the reasons that the US image is in such bad shape around the world but the fact is it isn't good. The people of the US will not tolerate another preemptive war. As bad as it could be, the Iranians need to start it and start it big. Then, and only then will the world screem for the US to pound Iran. And we will.

JB

For the most part you're right but Iran's not going to do anything big. they may be crazy but they're not stupid.

I read in the paper yesterday where we lit up the Desert near Iran. Just a little target practice. Fly boys from a couple carriers!! They say biggest air stike since 93. Smoked a bunch of no concern targets. Just flexing our power? They wanted to show Iran what we had.

Rutnbuck

" So just exactly when would be a good time to hit Iran?"

Well, Manny. If the Cut and Run Party have anything to do with it, we'll just have to wait till the Islamo-facists put a big, smoking hole in an American city.

Iran is no Iraq. Iran has an army of over 11 million that can be mobilized. An updated Navy of several hundred vessels, including a half dozen subs. An air force of several hundred planes that are quite capable. There are many unknown's, unlike a bombed out Iraq that has been hammered on for years. Saying it would be unwise at this juncture to initiate action against Iran on Iran's soil is the understatement of the decade. Congress is trying to make clear the point that our funds are not limitless, some really will never get that one. What is the cost of success?? Doesn't really matter at all if you don't have the money to spend in the first place. If we want to be a 3rd world nation, then by all means, we should "stay the course". I just don't view either Kim Jong, or Ajmenibad as more than blow hards. Look at Hugo Chavez. He has the biggest mouth on the planet. Does anyone take him seriously, not really. He draws laughter at the UN meeting's not serious thought. To take these idiots seriously is exactly what they want, too bad we can't see through that.

Democrats did the same thing during the Cuban Missle Crisis and it worked. Don't get your undies all bunched up over this.

It won't affect any of us anyway! We are all Carbon Neutral just like Al Gore! (I don't understand that comment either)

"One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

Where is this article I would like to read it.

So does anyone else think that a war with Iran would be a mistake? If you combine their 11 million man army and their technology with what they are doing to our soldiers in Iraq, suicide bombers etc. It would be a huge mess.

Sadaam wasted these guys in a head to head match. Remember what happened in gulf #1. It was a one sided whoopin'. A history channel went back to the iran iraq thing and by giving sadaam sattelite photos his artillery knocked the snot out of the army of Iran in the desert. In 2 hrs one afternoon we took out 1/3 of their navy. The only way Iran got to a stalemate with iraq was to send human waves till the iraqi's ran out of ammo to shoot them all. I don't think the US is going to allow our boys to run out of ammo do you?? They have been at war with us for almost 30 yrs. it's about time we were at war with them. War does not mean occupation, it's perfectly ok to take out the army and let these desert dogs terminate each other. They've been doing this for 3000 yrs. and all we have to do is get out of the way, we can always go right back in after the blood has dried and pump their oil right to our suv tanks.

Where is Ronald Reagan when you need a real leader! Hell, give me Harry Truman if RR can't make it to the party.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom