I'm voting for roadless and wilderness

H

hunterofelk

As a hunter and conservationist, I believe Kerry and Edwards and the Democratic party will do more for wild places and the animals I like to hunt and photograph. No, I'm not worried about my rifles being taken away. No, I don't believe everything I see on the internet about Kerry and no, I don't believe everything I've read about Bush's mishaps either.

This election is already getting to the point that it will sure be nice when it is over. I get so sick of listening to all the d%#n politicians digging up skeletons of each other, and making dumb stupid comments about what their competition has done, and making promises that they don't intend to keep. I think after months of this crap they should all be sent to a pre-school nursery somewhere where they can learn from a 5 year old how to act and be human again. I still support Bush, and feel like he is our best choice with the current situation of the world, but realize that whoever becomes president, only has so much power and control over what he can change. We still have our congress, and house of representatives that must make and approve all the laws regarding our country. Sure, they have power to veto something they don't like, or can lean on voting members, but life as we know it will not change that dramatically. The president still needs to defend our country, and our freedoms that we now enjoy, and keep striving to keep this nation the strongest and greatest on earth. His priorities should be on what is best for this country and its citizens, not on who said this, and who wants that, and all the other crap going on during the campaign. They should rename it the "presidential COMPLAINS".
a*r

A bad day hunting is better than a Good Day at Work!!

Hunter of Elk

I reapect your right to vote for who you want, but you need to check the voting record of your guy on gun control and gun restrictions. Just before Australians lost their guns I was reading the same hype. "they won't really take our gun." Maybe you should ask them about it now. Remember when we "respectfully submit ourselves before the United Nations", "as we should" the possibility that a civilized nations act becomes closer to reality. Just in case you missed that it would require member nations to disarm their private gun owners. Maybe then you can enjoy your roadless and wilderness areas if its okay with the U.N.

hunterofelk-You've got balls to write that and I admire the courage of your convictions. People around here can't think outside of the box. Last time I checked, the great Satan, Bill Clinton was in office for 8 years and we've all still got our semi-automatic assault rifles.

By writing what you did, you basically just put a target on your chest for those who don't agree with you, in a forum predominated by them. But what the hell. You did it anyways.

I personally support G-Dub, however, I have not spent much time doing research for the upcoming elections. and minds were meant for changing so i can't say that that is the way i would vote if i had to make a decision today. the thing that makes me laugh is that no matter who you put into office, the american citizens will never be happy with there choice, so for me right now i don't really give a crap! if bush is to win another term the american people will whine and if kerry wins the american people will find something to rag on him about. and if someone else was to join the race and won they would find something about him they don't like. bottom line, whoever wins, really loses!

LAST EDITED ON Aug-06-04 AT 08:48AM (MST)[p]HunterOfElk - I think what we are seeing the last couple weeks is an extremely well coordinated effort to get out enough misinformation about Kerry to make him look like the devil. He almost has horns now.

No I dont think he has horns all you have do to is look at his voting record in the senate... He is anti gun! Then take a good look at the background of his wife and her affiliation of the Tides Foundation and what they are doing to derail our government and support Terrorist groups and putting money up for Saddams Defense! My vote goes to Bush!

As a true conservative, I too respect your right to express your opinion and to vote for whomever you choose. However, I have had the pleasure of personally meeting and working with the President. I work for the U.S. Department of Justice and, because of my prior military experience, I was detailed to the White House to work for Tom Ridge shortly after the 9/11 attacks to try to fill the gap until we had better intelligence processes, etc. in place - and we still have a long way to go. I do not consider the President to be a "dyed in the wool" conservative, but I do know him to be a good man. A number of the things that he's done for this country and for individuals are not likely to ever see the light of day, despite the fact that he's followed by a White House photographer wherever he goes. He and Mrs. Bush are two of the most gracious, genuine people I've ever met and we are very lucky to have him as President at this time in our nation's history. I, for one, will vote for President Bush not on the basis of a single issue, and not because he's a conservative or a Republican, but because I know that he has a set of core beliefs from which he will not waiver and will not compromise, and paramount among them is a genuine concern for the security of this nation and our people - all of them. Good huntin'...

Venado muy grande!

Well said Randy. A couple of buddies that went secret service after the MC tell the same thing about the President and his wife.

On another note, what branch did you serve in?

Well I dont know if you have seen any of these adds or magazines but this is what I just read in the latest Petersons Hunting. I think as sportsmen and women we all need to watch and read very seriously what is being said by Senator Kerry.
In a huge add in this magazine it shows Senators...Schumer,Feinstein,Kerry, Kennedy all smiling, Kerry with a thumbs up leaving the senate chamber on March 2, 2004 giggling after casting a day-long series of anti-gun votes. It goes on to say they voted to ban semiautomatic shotguns like your duck gun, semi-auto rifles like you use for plinking, and they voted to ban deer hunting rifle ammo. Also voted to shut down gun shows, and voted to blame the gun industry for the acts of criminals.
This is a pretty serious add in my opinion. I dont know how true it all is, I just copied what it said, but it sure caught my attention!
I dont use Semis, not sure I ever will need to, but I think every sportsman and women really needs to pay attention to what is and has been happening and what Kerry thinks about the guns issue!
Also same magazine with a title "The History of Gun Politics" this last few statements also caught my attention!!!
"John Kerry, whose 20 year Senate gun rights record couldn't be worse, said on March 2: "I believe in the right to bear arms as it has been interpreted in our country." " It states "As it has been interpreted" means he fully intends to oppose gun rights just as he always has--depite his soft words. If elected, he'll nominate judges who will interpret the Second Amendment as, Schumer, and Feinstein wish.
This is serious, and I really think he will shatter the right to bear arms to all of us. I think hes just trying to apease gun owners right now to gain votes.
I am very worried if Kerry gets elected what will happen to our rights. It might not happen at first, but slowly, sneakly and surly changes will start happening right before our eyes, and one day we may wake up to a no hunting no right to bear arms forever policy, and when that happens boy are we in trouble!
Just my opinion.
JstMe

I support the blue ribbon campaign for more access to our public lands. For president...I'm voting for GW.
-Raptor

HunterofElk;

I am not going to rag on you about your proposed voting choice, you have the right to vote for anyone you want. If you would take some serious time and check into Kerry's voting record during the past several years, I think you would come away with different feelings about who you would cast your vote for. And if you do not think that there is not an organized effort to ban guns, and that Kerry is not involved, then you have not been aware of what is going on around you. I do not intend to feed you any "B.S.", I am just saying that you need to take the time and do some very serious fact finding on your own, and I do not mean for your to read the paper or listen to the T.V. news broadcast, and call that "fact finding".

RELH

Check your state and if so, as many states that you can on voting records of BILL & LAWS that were written, push and voted into law that have to do with your GUNS,AMMO,and most important HUNTING RIGHTS.
The Political Party behind all of these above mentioned things that we as Sportsman enjoy, ARE DOING THEIR BEST TO TAKE THEM AWAY FROM US, is none other than the DEMOCRATS.
The percentage of these laws, bills that were written, tried to push through, and those that did pass and are law is somewhere around a 90 PERCENT BY DEMOCRATS.
Kennedy's, Feinstein, Boxer, Schummer and so many other DEMOCRATS want, will do their damnest to get into law that WE DO NOT NEED GUNS AND TAKE OUR HUNTING RIGHTS AWAY.
There are a few Republician that side with the Democrats but not many. And there are a few Democrats that will side with the Republicians when voting, but the vast majority of Democrats want to take our GUNS AWAY AND SAY THAT THE 2ND AMENDMENT IS MISS INTERPETATED.
Let your concious be your guide in NOVEMBER 2004.

Brian

I have always thought of GW and his wife as very decent folks. The kind of people you would like to have as a neighbor. I am not totally happy with his administration but I do think he is the better man.

The main reason I dislike John Kerry is because of the people who support him. The Whoopies and Natalie Mane's of the world do ot speak for me and I'm very sure they do not have the values I'm trying to instill into my children. Take a good long look at the people behind the candidate John Kerry and it is kinda frightening.

I would like to say I am a registered republican but I have always voted for the person who I thought was best for the job. Republican, Democrat, or independent. I would also like it to be known that Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannidy do not speak for me. I think much of what they do and say is very hateful, destructive and devisive. Twenty years from now Rush will still be talking about Bill Clinton like he is still in office.

There is only one shining star if Kerry wins the race. Hillary will probably never run for president for at least 12-16 years.

IMO

Good Hunting

John

you are a fool roadless and wilderness is a clinton over done thing
i have a great uncle who had a leagle claim for a gold mine and he mined it himself. he got just enough to make jewlry to sell at rondavous he was 76 yrs old and had made his living doing it ever sence the 40's. they took it from him and took his way of life.he died 4 yrs later.
i have anouther friend who has a mining claim in origon they took. he had his house and out building him and his wife and 4 kids lived there.
when he was at court the government bulldozed his house and all his belongings. he still has a leagle claim and now they all live in a 16' camper and tents.
his case is going to the supreme court.
they are taking forest service land thats motto is "the land of many uses" and making it" the land you cannot use"
wilderness is a big joke and a way to keep us out.
on my mountain it is closed tell the end of may the sign say's NO HIKING,NO HORSEBACK RIDING,NO ATV"S but its ok to mountain bike by the same sign how can a mountain bike do less damage than me on foot its dumb! are elk not afraid of mountain bikes.
in sundance the forest service closed all the fire trails to 4x4 and atv's then made them into mountain bike trails.
Never give any access or rights to the government or they will twist it around and take more then they were given.
and dont think for a moment that karry wont pass anything that washington liberals get threw the house and senate. gun control,drug leaglization and gay marrige.
marrage is ordained by god not the government and god is anty gay.
if they wont the same rights they better call it something else not marrage.
liberals wont be happy tell everyone is equelly miserable.

Buckspy, I can definitely think out of the box as can most of the people who respond on this site. It is the few who can't think or read who cause the problems. Your are correct, If you own a semi-auto rifle you can still keep it for now. But before you get to carried away with patting yourself on the back I would like for you to read the contents of senate bill S.1431 sposored by Sen. Lauterback of N.J. and co-sposored by Kerry. One point it states is that it wants to extend the reach of the assault weapon ban to include any weapon that the attorney general wants to add to the list. Do you think Kerry will appoint an attorney general who is friendly to gun owners? Maybe you have a mini-14, guess what you can turn it in. Or maybe you would take the time to read what your anti-gun supporters have in store if they get control of the white house. I'll start with a quote from Chuck Schumer(D-N.Y.) "We're going to hammer guns on the anvil of relentless legislative strategy! We're going to beat guns into submission!" I don't think he means just semi-autos do you? Now I will get off of my box.

What part of democrats = anti-hunting & anti-gun isn't coming across well here?

Look what Clinton and Gore did their last year in office...turned millions of acres of land (for example, the "Escalante Staircase") into National parkland and wilderness. I dunno about you, but I have a problem with the government making it harder and harder for me to access OUR public lands.

Lemme make it super simple......if you like hunting and believe it is your right to own a firearm, NEVER EVER consider voting for ANY democrat under ANY circumstances, as their thinking is opposite to that. Exceptions to every rule, but that's the way it is 99% of the time. Vote straight Republican, you and I are better off in the long run.............

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom