IMPORTANT - The Trail Camera Hearing is One week away

How do the wildlife board membership work? Can you vote/petition them out or does it not work like that? I am just curious because if a handful of guys make the rules for all of us there should be a way to vote on who is representing us? I ask because I really don't know how that works.
They are appointed, no public input

The governor appoints them.
Thanks I didn't know. I guess there isn't much the common citizen can do about that unless he or she gets the governor involved. I was curious why they kept bringing up ranchers water? Do they pay a lot of money into the system or something? Why do I, an average Joe hunter, care what is happening on a private ranch in regards to their cattle's water? I haven't pin pointed it yet but it feels like money is involved on why this went through. I am probably just ignorant but I haven't connected the dots on why that is part of the trail cam conversation. Plus wouldn't they want cameras so they could catch the bad guys messing around with their stuff?

Thanks I didn't know. I guess there isn't much the common citizen can do about that unless he or she gets the governor involved. I was curious why they kept bringing up ranchers water? Do they pay a lot of money into the system or something? Why do I, an average Joe hunter, care what is happening on a private ranch in regards to their cattle's water? I haven't pin pointed it yet but it feels like money is involved on why this went through. I am probably just ignorant but I haven't connected the dots on why that is part of the trail cam conversation. Plus wouldn't they want cameras so they could catch the bad guys messing around with their stuff?

I wasn't following all the water stuff as well. Not sure about all of that.

I will say the 3 original cam ban votes I do not feel that had anything to do with there votes. The guy that changed his vote could have been swayed by it for some reason but honestly I don't know.

I will say the 3 original cam ban votes I do not feel that had anything to do with there votes. The guy that changed his vote could have been swayed by it for some reason but honestly I don't know.
Right that was kind of interesting. At the very minimum I think it taught me a little bit about how to process works. Those board members hold a lot of power. The way meeting was going on public feedback I am a little surprised it didn't got a different way. I wonder if this topic will be back again?

Right that was kind of interesting. At the very minimum I think it taught me a little bit about how to process works. Those board members hold a lot of power. The way meeting was going on public feedback I am a little surprised it didn't got a different way. I wonder if this topic will be back again?
Yeah but they also said there was a lot of feed back for the other side in the emails. Even Wade who voted no both times said it was 50/50 split essentially with all feedback.

Don't be fooled Vital. There is a reason SFW was there and there is a reason it wasn't overturned even to the overwhelming public voice to overturn. The closing remarks by the board was a babbling debacle. Those are the guys making decisions for our public resource. No wonder we are where we are at. If you agree or disagree with the TC ban it's eye opening and telling of the process. No biologist present?

So then the decision will be based on real historical data, not personal bias...
Roadrunner it doesn't matter.
like I told you a week or 2 ago what the out come was going to be, I wasn't worried about it at all.
Threatening Emails don't fly.
People need to learn to be calm and collected when typing Emails when sending them to the board.

Don't be fooled Vital. There is a reason SFW was there and there is a reason it wasn't overturned even to the overwhelming public voice to overturn. The closing remarks by the board was a babbling debacle. Those are the guys making decisions for our public resource. No wonder we are where we are at. If you agree or disagree with the TC ban it's eye opening and telling of the process. No biologist present?
I am just amazed they make decision like that solely based on... well, I am not sure what they based it on. Public opinion was "split" (except this meeting it wasn't most wanted to keep cams) and there wasn't any other data around it. I guess squeaky wheel gets the grease... that's why I think money is involved.

Again, I'm so confused why the ranchers were brought up several times. Kevin even mentioned them to me in an email I wrote him. I think I am going to follow up with him about that. Why do I care about 1000 acre millionaire ranchers and their water/cattle? If some one was vandalizing my property why would trail cams be where I spent my energy? Strange...

I hope these threads get "resurrected" in 5 years to discuss the positive impact restricting camera use 15 days before the general season archery opener had on bucks and bulls.

We all know development and drought have ZERO to do with it...

You need one year.

We heard how baiting wasn't a big deal, blah, blah, blah

One year later, look at the results.

I am just amazed they make decision like that solely based on... well, I am not sure what they based it on. Public opinion was "split" (except this meeting it wasn't most wanted to keep cams) and there wasn't any other data around it. I guess squeaky wheel gets the grease... that's why I think money is involved.

Again, I'm so confused why the ranchers were brought up several times. Kevin even mentioned them to me in an email I wrote him. I think I am going to follow up with him about that. Why do I care about 1000 acre millionaire ranchers and their water/cattle? If some one was vandalizing my property why would trail cams be where I spent my energy? Strange...

You care fool, because those troughs water YOUR WILDLIFE.

They built the pipeline, they built the trough.

Gets real thirsty without water

Sounds like an anti camera guy response. I don't need cameras to hunt. I enjoy the cameras its part of my hunt. It will not stop me from being successful and turning up quality animals if they got rid of them.
then why you complaining about it?

You care fool, because those troughs water YOUR WILDLIFE.

They built the pipeline, they built the trough.

Gets real thirsty without water
Thats valid but why are they upset about cameras? Are they saying trail cam people are trespassing on their private lands and vandalizing their stuff for the purpose of setting up a trail camera?

I heard Doyle try it, read it in here.

"Scientific data"

Where exactly were we going to get this data from?

Thats valid but why are they upset about cameras? Are they saying trail cam people are trespassing on their private lands and vandalizing their stuff for the purpose of setting up a trail camera?
Yes. They were implying that people were interfering with a water source to prevent people from getting trail cam pics. No water no pics. Maybe to drive them to another source.

Okay I will chime in on this.
I think the rancher was meaning on his lease which is either on forest/BLM.
Most Ranchers and hunters do not get along at all. there is an entitlement on both sides, especially on forest or BLM.

Unfortunaly the hunters take matters into there own hands. They steal there salt licks and place them right In front of there own cameras(This I have seen so many times I have lost count) or they cut forest fences to get a animal out they harvested and yes they still ride there side by side or 4 wheeler threw that fence to retrieve them.
They bust pipes feeding water troughs and ponds. They have ruined gates pulled the hinge post right out of the ground so they don't have to open it all the time.

We don't pay for that the ranchers do. that is part of the agreement with the forest/BLM keeping everything maintained.

Okay I will chime in on this.
I think the rancher was meaning on his lease which is either on forest/BLM.
Most Ranchers and hunters do not get along at all. there is an entitlement on both sides, especially on forest or BLM.

Unfortunaly the hunters take matters into there own hands. They steal there salt licks and place them right In front of there own cameras(This I have seen so many times I have lost count) or they cut forest fences to get a animal out they harvested and yes they still ride there side by side or 4 wheeler threw that fence to retrieve them.
They bust pipes feeding water troughs and ponds. They have ruined gates pulled the hinge post right out of the ground so they don't have to open it all the time.

We don't pay for that the ranchers do. that is part of the agreement with the forest/BLM keeping everything maintained.
Thanks for the insight. I am just learning about all this.

Vital….
I was at the meeting and sat next to the ranchers. They have property that is leased for their operations. They have water sources damaged due to trail camera installers that affect both their cattle and our wildlife.

Roadrunner it doesn't matter.
like I told you a week or 2 ago what the out come was going to be, I wasn't worried about it at all.
Threatening Emails don't fly.
People need to learn to be calm and collected when typing Emails when sending them to the board.

Yeah it does (matter). The whole point to this [petty] little exercise is to keep people from patterning critters with big horns all through a hunting season, right?

So, since the turn out was 50/50 and the decision wasn't driven by popular opinion, it was driven by data showing that the reduced use of trail cameras do in fact contribute to less big horned critters getting shot.

Certainly it has nothing to do with "putting the hunt back into hunting" because that would be a personal bias based on public opinion.

Jake,
I sat next to the ranchers at the meeting. They run their operations on blm, leased land, etc.
They have water sources destroyed by people who are installing trail cameras

Vital….
I was at the meeting and sat next to the ranchers. They have property that is leased for their operations. They have water sources damaged due to trail camera installers that affect both their cattle and our wildlife.

The cattle do more to damage water sources and do harm to wildlife than trail camera users do...

Yeah it does (matter). The whole point to this [petty] little exercise is to keep people from patterning critters with big horns all through a hunting season, right?

So, since the turn out was 50/50 and the decision wasn't driven by popular opinion, it was driven by data showing that the reduced use of trail cameras do in fact contribute to less big horned critters getting shot.

Certainly it has nothing to do with "putting the hunt back into hunting" because that would be a personal bias based on public opinion.

Can you show me the DATA to back up your position?

Not emotion

Scientific data

Did I hit a nerve. oops
Was this because I already new the outcome of this? or you just pissed because you can't run you cameras.

which one is it.

Did I hit a nerve. oops
Was this because I already new the outcome of this? or you just pissed because you can't run you cameras.

which one is it.

No, you didn't hit a nerve. I'm not one of the ones that made this a big deal.

I can run cameras year round if I want to. UT is merely a back up plan should I choose to hunt...

So did the final language include bears as "big game" or can you put a camera on your Summer/Fall bear baits? That was not made clear.

That’s a good thing they did today. now some you you boys will actually have to hunt.

I can't wait until the push to ban all modern bullets designed with windtunnels, precision metallurgy, and computerized manufacturing processes that turn them into super-killers.

The advantage an aerodynamic ogive, high temp resistant polymer ballistic tip, and boattail to reduce drag is phenomenal.

That’s a good thing they did today. now some you you boys will actually have to hunt.
Yes so good we divided hunters. Took away something that alot of hunters enjoy doing. And we did for reasons that will not help grow or improve are herds. What a win. Almost sounds like a victory you would hear anti hunters bragging about keep it up the good work.

Deserthnt your going to have a tuff time getting an animal now that you don’t have cameras. You better let me show you how it’s done.

Deserthnt your going to have a tuff time getting an animal now that you don’t have cameras. You better let me show you how it’s done.
In the 15 years I have ran cameras I have yet to kill a deer I have found with a camera. I have chased alot of big deer I have found on camera but couldnt kill them so I would love for you to show me how its done

Wonder what Hoyt's going to do when they can no longer sell their most bestest bow ever with state of the art design and technology in UT for bowhunting? After all, the carbon riser does give you the advantage of staying out longer when it's cold providing relentless pursuit of a big horned critter.

Wonder what Hoyt's going to do when they can no longer sell their most bestest bow ever with state of the art design and technology in UT for bowhunting? After all, the carbon riser does give you the advantage of staying out longer when it's cold providing relentless pursuit of a big horned critter.
We better get rid of them and put the hunt back in hunting ?

For those who couldn’t make it here is a before and an after pic of the meeting. Utahs wildlife is about to flatten the curve and rebound.

8D13FE71-3123-49A7-9A91-0C2BA5EF150E.jpeg

I quit shooting Hoyts when I found out they were major exhibitors at the SFW Wildlife expo. Same thing with Cabelas when they asked me if I wanted to donate my change to conservation and SFW was listed as one of thoir partners on the sign above the registers. They probably don't feel my protest but I sleep better knowing I haven't fed the monster. I periodically check the expo exhibitor list to see who else I need to avoid.

Once they start making one of those Can't miss 100 yard bows that all the trail camera groupies talked about I might have to check them out again. if so maybe their leadership will have changed their alliances and I can consider them again.

But to roadrunners point, I think carbon risers are going to be safe from regulation for awhile. Like probably forever.

Ryan

I'm all for banning bows that shoot themselves 24/7/365.

Same with rifles

Is the guy in the red hat Doywade Lemonback?
Yes RR, Doyle in the flesh, red hat and all representing sportsmen, sadly Wade Lemon wasn’t there. But his sun Kaeylynn (sp) was there to represent the oft misrepresented and constantly ostracized Utah outfitters. Hopefully

Why would you carry a worthless bow or a rifle, they don't kill animals. I mean I have had my bow and rifle on lots of hunts and they have never killed anything. Maybe we should ban expanding projectiles and metal broad heads but not bows or rifles

So it's legal for me to place my camera over my registered bear bait in August/September, but what if a deer or elk walks by it, is it then illegal? Or only illegal for the take of big game, but not a bear?
Don't read more into it than there is.
Trail cams are not banned for anything other than the take of big game.
Seriously, it's common sense that if you have a legally registered bear bait and a deer walks by that you did nothing wrong and are not going to be in any kind of trouble.

I've baited bears for many years. I can count on 1 hand how many pictures of deer or elk i've gotten at the bait. Logic tells me that if there are lots of bears hitting a bait that deer and elk will want to be somewhere else.

Why would you carry a worthless bow or a rifle, they don't kill animals. I mean I have had my bow and rifle on lots of hunts and they have never killed anything. Maybe we should ban expanding projectiles and metal broad heads but not bows or rifles

Good question. Maybe I will go and conduct a poll to find out which is more popular so it can be pursued as the next ban.

Good question. Maybe I will go and conduct a poll to find out which is more popular so it can be pursued as the next ban.

Same question.

Which bow do you have that shoots itself 24/7/365? Do you have several of those self shooters in different areas all over the mountain?

Your cam is 24/7/365

Doesn't seem that unreasonable to expect HUNTING to mean being in the field.

Don't read more into it than there is.
Trail cams are not banned for anything other than the take of big game.
Seriously, it's common sense that if you have a legally registered bear bait and a deer walks by that you did nothing wrong and are not going to be in any kind of trouble.

I've baited bears for many years. I can count on 1 hand how many pictures of deer or elk i've gotten at the bait. Logic tells me that if there are lots of bears hitting a bait that deer and elk will want to be somewhere else.
?

Well this has been fun, I hope to continue to be a active member on this site. I wish everyone good luck this year, and for a few on this thread I wish you double or even triple luck sounds like you will need it.

Yeah, it's getting tougher and tougher to draw each year...

Same question.

Which bow do you have that shoots itself 24/7/365? Do you have several of those self shooters in different areas all over the mountain?

Your cam is 24/7/365

Doesn't seem that unreasonable to expect HUNTING to mean being in the field.
You must have some killer cameras. Mine have sat out 24/7/365 and I have never walked up to a dead animal in front of them. I do have a bow though that shot an arrow with a broadhead and killed one once.

You must have some killer cameras. Mine have sat out 24/7/365 and I have never walked up to a dead animal in front of them. I do have a bow though that shot an arrow with a broadhead and killed one once.
No you have a bow that YOU shot a arrow tipped with a broadhead out of that killed a deer.

You are more than welcome to go out and snap any pictures you want of whatever you want with a camera.

Now you get a bow that shoots deer without you there all by itself 24/7/365. I will be right there calling for them to be banned.

You did have cameras sitting out 24/7/365 days.
Was that too soon? should I have waited a few weeks before I said that.

No you have a bow that YOU shot a arrow tipped with a broadhead out of that killed a deer.

You are more than welcome to go out and snap any pictures you want of whatever you want with a camera.

Now you get a bow that shoots deer without you there all by itself 24/7/365. I will be right there calling for them to be banned.
But which one actually killed the deer the bow or the cameras sitting 24/7/365? Isn't that what most of you peoples arguments were that trail cameras kill? Cameras can sit 24/7/365 but have never actually killed an animal pretty sure the hunter did.

You did have cameras sitting out 24/7/365 days.
Was that too soon? should I have waited a few weeks before I said that.
Nope say it all you want i will still have cameras sitting 24/7/365. They will just not be cameras used for the aid of take big game perfectly legal sorry to disappoint.

But which one actually killed the deer the bow or the cameras sitting 24/7/365? Isn't that what most of you peoples arguments were that trail cameras kill? Cameras can sit 24/7/365 but have never actually killed an animal pretty sure the hunter did.

No.

The argument is sitting on your couch eating Cheetos you'd never know if that deer, was actually there.

You ACTUALLY have to put your eyes on said deer, to shoot said deer.

Further, this **** is over now. Want to bet if this bull "wasn't killed via cam"?

Screenshot_20220311-063434.jpg

Looks like your one of the guys sitting home on the couch eating Cheetos worried about what's going on social media instead of out hunting. How did this picture effect your hunt personally? Was you after this bull? Did you even have a tag too go hunt this bull?

Nope say it all you want i will still have cameras sitting 24/7/365. They will just not be cameras used for the aid of take big game perfectly legal sorry to disappoint.
Perfect Keep up that Mentality and nobody will be able to have them out in the field.
There is no disapointment there at all.

Looks like your one of the guys sitting home on the couch eating Cheetos worried about what's going on social media instead of out hunting. How did this picture effect your hunt personally? Was you after this bull? Did you even have a tag too go hunt this bull?

Limits on buffalo hunting don't affect me personally, as I don't hunt buffalo, but that doesn't mean there shouldn't be limits.

My sxs has never actually killed an elk either. So, using your logic, I should be able to ride it everywhere and anywhere.

I like to shoot my .17hmr, and it's accurate as hell, why can I not hunt moose with it?

Speaking of which, AI is just across the causeway from my house, why shouldn't I get to hunt deer in my own back yard?

None of those personally affect you, right?

No.

Neither did the outfitter.

Other dudes did. I'm sure they appreciated dudes wandering around blowing out elk to check cams for bulls to sell.

You do know there are high fence units in this state that you can pick out the animal you want to shoot from pics, they will gps ear tag it for you, and set out a pile of bait for you in front of a heated blind, and you can shoot it. Sounds like your kind of place, you should look into it.

Perfect Keep up that Mentality and nobody will be able to have them out in the field.
There is no disapointment there at all.

Ya. We all know there will be an outright ban eventually.

Sad thing is guys like this will scream "we all need to stick together", while they constantly push things to the point that the rest of us have to stop it. Then they scream about Tyranny.

We all know dudes like Buckz, we all know where this is headed. Guys like this are the reason DWR reg books are an inch thick.

Give an inch, he'll take a mile

You show me in the survey or any of the rac meeting where this is about bringing our herd back?

That's why I said it mattered when you asked me if you hit a nerve. This is based on a popular opinion of some, and the decision makers agreed. There is no data supporting this to bring herd numbers back up. Some may argue that it will because it makes it more difficult to shoot a breeder buck (or bull).

And then, I was called an idiot by a suit wearing kiddo carrying a briefcase because I said popular opinion can change hunting once you start a ball rolling (but I don't need to tell you that because you 'Liked' his little tirade). It may not be tomorrow or 5 years from now, but dynamics change, and once a special interest group sees how easy it is to change something, they take advantage of it.

And then, in another post, it mentions talking to legislators about this, a dangerous endeavor for sure. The world was informed by this kiddo that hunting rights are enshrined forever in UT. Well, are they? Maybe. The blaring announcement talking about the legislative process in UT isn't any different than most other states' Constitutions, so an 'eyeroll' to that one. Some of those states have changed in the mix of the legislature causing change in those states. We're seeing this all over the west with the call to ban mountain lion hunting, bear hunting, etc.

WY decided to have a grizzly hunt. WY has a protected hunting right. A liberal federal judge said no way. Should that grizzly hunt have been protected under the state's Constitutional Amendment? Or maybe was it because grizz was a federally protected species and not subject to state management. What about the recent decision on wolves?

UT losing its bear pursuit season will be the first thing to go. Lobbyists and liberals are fickle things. And, that is not a right to be protected. It isn't hunting. It's practice for hunting. Kind of like a game camera...

A very small minority have a problem with this camera use restriction because they depend on them. Well, whatever to that, I'm sorry I guess. Others are merely saying be careful what you wish for, eventually you may not like what happens down the road. Nothing is worse than popular opinion telling you what you can and cannot do.

That's all.

Last edited:
Limits on buffalo hunting don't affect me personally, as I don't hunt buffalo, but that doesn't mean there shouldn't be limits.

My sxs has never actually killed an elk either. So, using your logic, I should be able to ride it everywhere and anywhere.

I like to shoot my .17hmr, and it's accurate as hell, why can I not hunt moose with it?

Speaking of which, AI is just across the causeway from my house, why shouldn't I get to hunt deer in my own back yard?

None of those personally affect you, right?
Not a bit go ride ahead if you choose to do so. I do not care what you choose to do.

No.

Neither did the outfitter.

Other dudes did. I'm sure they appreciated dudes wandering around blowing out elk to check cams for bulls to sell.

You do know there are high fence units in this state that you can pick out the animal you want to shoot from pics, they will gps ear tag it for you, and set out a pile of bait for you in front of a heated blind, and you can shoot it. Sounds like your kind of place, you should look into it.
How do you know he was not up on a glassing knob watching the bull with his optics? Just because he has a picture of the bull he has him locked down and killed? Im sure you have never had a buddy with a tag found an animal and let him know about it right. Its usually clueless idiots that have not done any scouting wandering around blowing out animals not guys checking cameras.

Ya. We all know there will be an outright ban eventually.

Sad thing is guys like this will scream "we all need to stick together", while they constantly push things to the point that the rest of us have to stop it. Then they scream about Tyranny.

We all know dudes like Buckz, we all know where this is headed. Guys like this are the reason DWR reg books are an inch thick.

Give an inch, he'll take a mile
Go ahead ban them outright for EVERYBODY be better then that half azz shiz they just did. Oh you was not expecting "a guy like me" to say that was you.

That's why I said it mattered when you asked me if you hit a nerve. This is based on a popular opinion of some, and the decision makers agreed. There is no data supporting this to bring herd numbers back up. Some may argue that it will because it makes it more difficult to shoot a breeder buck (or bull).

And then, I was called an idiot by a suit wearing kiddo carrying a briefcase because I said popular opinion can change hunting once you start a ball rolling (but I don't need to tell you that because you 'Liked' his little tirade). It may not be tomorrow or 5 years from now, but dynamics change, and once a special interest group sees how easy it is to change something, they take advantage of it.

And then, in another post, it mentions talking to legislators about this, a dangerous endeavor for sure. The world was informed by this kiddo that hunting rights are enshrined forever in UT. Well, are they? Maybe. The blaring announcement talking about the legislative process in UT isn't any different than most other states' Constitutions, so an 'eyeroll' to that one. Some of those states have changed in the mix of the legislature causing change in those states. We're seeing this all over the west with the call to ban mountain lion hunting, bear hunting, etc.

WY decided to have a grizzly hunt. WY has a protected hunting right. A liberal federal judge said no way. Should that grizzly hunt have been protected under the state's Constitutional Amendment? Or maybe was it because grizz was a federally protected species and not subject to state management. What about the recent decision on wolves?

UT losing its bear pursuit season will be the first thing to go. Lobbyists and liberals are fickle things. And, that is not a right to be protected. It isn't hunting. It's practice for hunting. Kind of like a game camera...

A very small minority have a problem with this camera use restriction because they depend on them. Well, whatever to that, I'm sorry I guess. Others are merely saying be careful what you wish for, eventually you may not like what happens down the road. Nothing is worse than popular opinion telling you what you can and cannot do.

That's all.
Well said

You can

And then, I was called an idiot by a suit wearing kiddo carrying a briefcase because I said popular opinion can change hunting once you start a ball rolling. It may not be tomorrow or 5 years from now, but dynamics change, and once a special interest group sees how easy it is to change something, they take advantage of it.

That's all.

Roadrunner
I get what your saying now thanks for clearing that up, I was confused on what you where getting at.

My point to all this mess.
we all think we are entitled to everything and rules get put in place for better and sometimes worse.
I strongly feel this was a good thing that happened yesterday but like you said "my opinion"
The outfitters has really caused us to get to this point. they have knocked down the quality of our herds but so has other hunters.

There is a fine line in hunting right or wrong. I have drawn a line right down the middle with trail cameras.

And then, I was called an idiot by a suit wearing kiddo carrying a briefcase because I said popular opinion can change hunting once you start a ball rolling. It may not be tomorrow or 5 years from now, but dynamics change, and once a special interest group sees how easy it is to change something, they take advantage of it.

That's all.

Can you show me the data that shows trail cam use during hunting season INCREASES herds?

I listened to 70 something voices yesterday. I heard over and over emotional "proof", like "I've never killed an animal that was in my cam". Can they prove it? Is there data anywhere?

Here's the reality. And where we agree. There was a special interest group running the WB. That's why Snider finally got involved. Our corporate hunting class is out of control. Semi loads of apples, thousands of cams, and paid bounties became the Utah way. The DWR, went to the WB with ACTUAL DATA on baiting. The special interest group that controlled it, turned a blind eye. Because those same outfitters pushing the limits constantly, are the same ones who who guide the special interest groups clients.

You heard that rancher speak. 24 cams on one trough. In an arid region. You think those 24 dudes all go check cams at the same time? Nope, which means a water source for animals, can't be used by animals, due to humans being there constantly.

You heard outfitters speak about the circus that is out there. You heard CWMU owners talk about needing to get control.

This was never about Joe Blow and his bag of salt, 3cams, and a couple buddies.

We tried public shaming. Obviously the corporate class didn't care about "us", they cared about $$$.

2outfitters in that room yesterday run more cams than the rest of the room combined. You'd think those 2 would see they were the issue, not those kids that like to look at a pic or 2.

Text Doyle, thank him for creating this issue. Text Kalan. The Boogeyman anti hunter didn't create the cam season, those 2 did.

This came about from the corporate class. The same ones who pulled that stunt yesterday. And, since they have formed a coalition, and were running a gofund me, and hiring lawyers, I'm guessing they will try to sue.

I had a friend with the Oak Creek tag last year. He said every day, all day, they were running across spotters. Not hunters. Not hikers. Not even Dudes with a client with a tag. Dudes on the MTN, looking for a paycheck from finding a deer.

You know it's an issue. I know it, the WB hasn't addressed it. Mainly because the DWR profits from guys who bought those tags. So now Snider has a bill. I agree it sucks. It's not the way it should be done. But neither is looking the other way..

I'm hoping the new WB members will change the way things had been. Yesterday was a good start.

How do you know he was not up on a glassing knob watching the bull with his optics? Just because he has a picture of the bull he has him locked down and killed? Im sure you have never had a buddy with a tag found an animal and let him know about it right. Its usually clueless idiots that have not done any scouting wandering around blowing out animals not guys checking cameras.

The night vision pic tips you off

Can you show me the data that shows trail cam use during hunting season INCREASES herds?

I listened to 70 something voices yesterday. I heard over and over emotional "proof", like "I've never killed an animal that was in my cam". Can they prove it? Is there data anywhere?

Here's the reality. And where we agree. There was a special interest group running the WB. That's why Snider finally got involved. Our corporate hunting class is out of control. Semi loads of apples, thousands of cams, and paid bounties became the Utah way. The DWR, went to the WB with ACTUAL DATA on baiting. The special interest group that controlled it, turned a blind eye. Because those same outfitters pushing the limits constantly, are the same ones who who guide the special interest groups clients.

You heard that rancher speak. 24 cams on one trough. In an arid region. You think those 24 dudes all go check cams at the same time? Nope, which means a water source for animals, can't be used by animals, due to humans being there constantly.

You heard outfitters speak about the circus that is out there. You heard CWMU owners talk about needing to get control.

We tried public shaming. Obviously the corporate class didn't care about "us", they cared about $$$.

2outfitters in that room yesterday run more cams than the rest of the room combined. You'd think those 2 would see they were the issue, not those kids that like to look at a pic or 2.

Text Doyle, thank him for creating this issue. Text Kalan. The Boogeyman anti hunter didn't create the cam season, those 2 did.

This came about from the corporate class. The same ones who pulled that stunt yesterday. And, since they have formed a coalition, and were running a gofund me, and hiring lawyers, I'm guessing they will try to sue.

I had a friend with the Oak Creek tag last year. He said every day, all day, they were running across spotters. Not hunters. Not hikers. Not even Dudes with a client with a tag. Dudes on the MTN, looking for a paycheck from finding a deer.

You know it's an issue. I know it, the WB hasn't addressed it. Mainly because the DWR profits from guys who bought those tags. So now Snider has a bill. I agree it sucks. It's not the way it should be done. But neither is looking the other way..

I'm hoping the new WB members will change the way things had been. Yesterday was a good start.
Well said there Hoss I agree.

How do the wildlife board membership work? Can you vote/petition them out or does it not work like that? I am just curious because if a handful of guys make the rules for all of us there should be a way to vote on who is representing us? I ask because I really don't know how that works.

You have to apply and then be appointed by the governor.

On a side note, I will begin a large remodel of my home today. I need to clear room for all the big bucks and bulls that I’m going to shoot now that the trail cam law has been passed.

This crucial expense of tax dollars and time is sure to fix our herds and I plan to shoot a lot of the big bucks that this new law will save. I am going to need a lot of extra wall space.

For the ban or against the ban, this law will do nothing to grow our herds or save big bucks from getting killed. All it does is further restrict our freedoms.

Big game is regulated hoofed animals.
Bears are not big game.
This ban has nothing to do with bears.
You may want to check the info you are putting out.

"The same rule and restrictions on the use of trail cameras and night-vision devices will also be applied to the rules regarding cougar and bear hunting in Utah. However, agricultural producers will still be able to use trail cameras to aid in the removal of cougars or bears that are preying on livestock."

You have to apply and then be appointed by the governor.

On a side note, I will begin a large remodel of my home today. I need to clear room for all the big bucks and bulls that I’m going to shoot now that the trail cam law has been passed.

This crucial expense of tax dollars and time is sure to fix our herds and I plan to shoot a lot of the big bucks that this new law will save. I am going to need a lot of extra wall space.

For the ban or against the ban, this law will do nothing to grow our herds or save big bucks from getting killed. All it does is further restrict our freedoms.

Yup. Corporate outfitters spend tens of thousands on tools that DONT offer any return on investment.

No your just finding a Loophole or a grey area in the Law that's all.

We have seen this on here before! especially when they banned baiting. "Entitlement hunters" think they have it all figured out.?‍♂️
Well sounds like we just passed yet another worthless uninforcable law that will do nothing shouldn't be any loopholes or gray areas if its that good.

How many more spotters do you think you will have on the oak creeks and other similar units now that you can't run cameras? No cameras= that much more need for more spotters. You think there was hunter conflict before wait and see what happens now.

Well sounds like we just passed yet another worthless uninforcable law that will do nothing shouldn't be any loopholes or gray areas if its that good.

Or, or, or, just maybe sportsman should hold themselves to a standard?

Unfortunately the reason we have more LEO than biologists in DWR, is because of dudes who have your "standards"

Your absolutely right there shouldn't be.
but hunters like you find them.

Trail cameras will be managed very well. after July 31 their are too many tools in the box that could share location right to the DNR officers. Remember there is a lot of hunters that flat out hate cameras especially in my unit.
But hey I'm smart enough to pull mine by July 31. so no worries on my end and I will not teach my kids that its okay to break the law.

Your absolutely right there shouldn't be.
but hunters like you find them.

Trail cameras will be managed very well. after July 31 their are too many tools in the box that could share location right to the DNR officers. Remember there is a lot of hunters that flat out hate cameras especially in my unit.
But hey I'm smart enough to pull mine by July 31. so no worries on my end and I will not teach my kids that its okay to break the law.
So tell me what part of the new law I would be breaking by leaving up cameras that I am not using for the aid of take big game?

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom