In Defense of JFWRC

Flanagan

Its funny how many people talk bad about JFWRC, to me it just means that he must be doing something right, for if he was not then no one would be saying a word! Everyone should work at this as much as he and his wife do, then once you have walked in their shoes you can pass judgement. Just my opinion.

Agreed. In my experience, Jim is as hard working and honest as they come. I can only speak from my limited dealings with him, but IMHO he has earned and deserves my serious consideration of his point of view.
My advice; listen critically to his argument, consider the available FACTS, dismiss the emotional rhetoric, and act accordingly to what YOU BELIEVE is in the best interest of the New Mexico wildlife, hunters, economy, etc.
Jim may be dead on or way off, but he does not deserve personal attacks for his well thought opinions.

My 2 cents.

I agree he's not being attacked on a personal level. And I know he's just trying to defend his way of life, and that just so happens to be hunting! Just two different sides of the fence here! Hell if things end up not changing quick around here he might just get a little business from me!

I just call em as I see em!

Jim has been a straight shooter with us the few times we have had dealing with him. I like Jim But Love Kelly. LOL
Maybe next year I can draw afriggin tag LOL

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

There is a huge difference between caring for for wildlife and making $$!

I really thnk Jimbo has made some good money off of wildlife! He and they, think they are entitled now,,,,,,, times are changing though!

Jason is right-Stooped and should not have. I apologized then and will do so again publically. Jason-I am sorry for calling you a baby and telling you to get a job. Should not have done so. No excuse.....yes, you took the high road.

Thanks Chris, Gator, and Cantclosethedral and all the others that have chimmed in on this darn sure tough issue. The lines are drawn and this will certainly come down to folks that carry way big sticks in the political arena.

Jason-Went to your blog site. Nice site. Do you really sell elk tags??? I'm looking for 2 UW 13 permits for some clients. Yes they are NR. Shoot me a pm with details if you have a line on some.

Jim

I was two years ago... :) But I have seen the light,,,, I have been to the mountain top,,,,, I have seen the error in my ways... FREE AT LAST FREE AT LAST....

J-
PS... Thanks for the reminder.. I just removed the tab from my page...

Great idea I think I'm going to stop selling tags and just start complaining about not drawing a tag cause all the NR get the tags from the LO's?

Jim,

If you took the $ out of the equation, how much would you post here about wildlife and kids etc?

It is time for the BS to stop!

I just wish hunting was about tradition, ethics and meat and not trophies, compensation for some and MONEY$$$$$$$! Good hunting!

ELKMAN, I totally agree, along with a few others, so why dont you stop this BS, get off you band wagon and find something else to complain about? Seriously, enough is enough already.

>Great idea I think I'm going
>to stop selling tags and
>just start complaining about not
>drawing a tag cause all
>the NR get the tags
>from the LO's?

I want to make this very clear... I have no problem with Non-Residents getting NR tags thru the public draw.. I hunt all over the world so I know what it is like to be a NR..

It is these transferable LO tags that I have issues with... Those tags/animals belong to the residents of the state not the LO.

This all comes down to the fact that 73% of all Antelope tags go to NR.... You just can't hide that FACT.

J

They wouldn't all go to NR if you would buy one. Anyone can buy a LO permit they are not labeled for NR only.

So when the wildlife pass thru private land or live on private land are they trespassing? Who pays the fines for them trespassing? If they the wildlife belong to residents do we pay the fines?

73% of all antelope tags go to NR because they buy them period!!!

Jim Welles is a great guy - without question. I have bought 4 antelope tags from him, I even killed a 90" gross/green B&C buck with one of his tags!! This year he hooked me up with two tags for my boys and since it was for the kids, he even reduced the price, which drastically reduced his share... the land owner still gets all of his money. So for the guy that commented about Jim & helpin the kids you need to pull your head out of the sand. Jim is ALL ABOUT the kids & helping to create opportunities for them.

"Windage & Elevation Pilgrim, Windage & Elevation"

>They wouldn't all go to NR
>if you would buy one.
> Anyone can buy a
>LO permit they are not
>labeled for NR only.
>
>So when the wildlife pass thru
>private land or live on
>private land are they trespassing?
> Who pays the fines
>for them trespassing? If
>they the wildlife belong to
>residents do we pay the
>fines?
>
>73% of all antelope tags go
>to NR because they buy
>them period!!!

Yep, no doubt we cannot compete with 49 states of wealthy citizen hunters. Guess its your state and your payed for resources. The majority of antelope hunters are NR but know this. I totally disagree and believe it is wrong. There needs to be more balance.

As far as the fines for trespassing. The LO does not have a fair tresspass fee. He has the power to base it on marketing 50 states to up the fees for his gain and "all tags" are NR competitive. How about a percentage of them at a fee "joe average" would not have to save for 5 years and 5 arguments with the wife over or just let NM residents bid on 50 percent of them, with the highest NM res bidder winning that portion. Maybe us residents need to shut up and get some spotting scopes so we can watch all the elk and antelope being taking in NM by NRs. Again, I love having NRs in the field here in NM. Just a portion though :)

LAST EDITED ON Aug-04-10 AT 12:43PM (MST)[p]I've never met Jim,but called afew times over the years and he always had the time to talk,give advice,and such.Neverbought a hunt from him,and he never asked for $ for the great advice he gave...just keep it to myself....sorry Jim.

Really, you were brokering these tags as recently as two years ago and you still had that service listed on your website - yet you attack someone else who does the same thing. I am not sure on the spelling but I will try:

H-Y-P-O-C-R-I-T-E, Hypocrite.

(1) A person who engages in the same behaviors he condemns others for. (2) A person who professes certain ideals, but fails to live up to them.

Yep, I think I got that right.

>Really, you were brokering these tags
>as recently as two years
>ago and you still had
>that service listed on your
>website - yet you attack
>someone else who does the
>same thing. I am
>not sure on the spelling
>but I will try:
>
>H-Y-P-O-C-R-I-T-E, Hypocrite.
>
>(1) A person who engages in
>the same behaviors he condemns
>others for. (2) A person
>who professes certain ideals, but
>fails to live up to
>them.
>
>Yep, I think I got that
>right.

Yup.. I learn from my ways.. and to be honest I never sold one... and these were elk tags.. not antelope tags.. different story..

Thanks for the input... I wish we had a system like Iowa were I needed to draw a tag... and at best it is every few years...

I never said I was Jesus.. but God Bless and thanks for adding to this discussion in a positive way...
I Pray for You...

"Yup.. I learn from my ways.. and to be honest I never sold one"

That's Funny.So are you mad at Jim because he can sell them.
The A Plus thing is about just Antelope tags or all big game tags. Maybe I missed something, I thought it was about Land Owner vouchers that Land Owners had to sell.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

Life is too short to be mad at anybody... Jimmy didn't create this problem... he is just taking advantage of a messed up system and is trying to spin it so he looks like he cares about the residents...

Anyway... the lines in the sand have been drawn...
J

>Good post Iowan...A+++++++

Exactly, rather than focusing on the issues, you make a personal attack or observation.... I am okay with that, I am not perfect but remember this has nothing to do with the issue at hand... NOTHING... But NR are going to stay focused on the issue... We will not be hood winked again...

PS.. Good job Jimmy.. I am sure this played out like you wanted it too.. and that is okay.. no bid deal.. We all know your past but again unlike you I am going to stay focused on the issue at hand... Again you are making yourself look bad by these smear tactics... amazing..

So if you came across a cheap unit 9 tag would you let ELKMAN
Know?I mean the champ or chump.Happy hour in Gallup is ending soon our friend should be back..Too be cont..

My daughter and I took our first pronghorn thanks to Jim and Kelly. In the event I need a guide service in NM in the future, I will be calling Jim. If I felt slighted any way from my dealings with him, I would be the first to call him out here. I work hard for my money like the next guy or gal and have no problem giving him business in the future. I am a NM NR and envy you residents.

LAST EDITED ON Aug-05-10 AT 00:13AM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Aug-04-10 AT 11:23?PM (MST)

Tell me we're not going to go through all of this again.

It's a shame to see this turn into a resident vs non-resident thing. If we can simply solve some of the problems with the LO system, residents and non-residents will have more hunting opportunities through the public draw even without stripping away all of the "compensation" with some tags given to the landowners.

Although I understand people can have different opinions, I hate to see personal attacks on anyone especially fellow hunters (usually means one side or the other has run out of facts to present and has no where else to turn). I have seen a number of dissenting opinions towards Jim's perspective but I don't recall reading any personal attacks unless we consider statements about him having a special interest in this fight a personal attack. I will admit, I could have missed a comment because there have been so many threads on this topic.

From the sounds of it, Jim is good at what he does and appears to be a straight shooter (can't ask for more than that in a man)...I do think he is wrong to fight for a LO system that is corrupt, abused and broken, particularly with the elk tags but I do understand fighting for what pays the bills. I think I'm done and in closing...has anyone been to the hills to breathe some of that fresh New Mexico mountain air? It cleans and soothes the soul!

Mr Jim,

Does not give a RAT's A about public hunters as long as he can make $!

These fools have been making $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ off wildlife for years, and people are sick of it!

I am all for a capitalistic society, but this is a joke!

You guys need to lighten up some. Here are some nice song lyrics from a band I listened to years ago. Relax and enjoy

Money, it's a gas
Grab that cash with both hands
And make a stash

New car, caviar, four star daydream
Think I'll buy me a football team

Money get back
I'm all right Jack
Keep your hands off my stack

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom