In NRA News

NeMont

Long Time Member
Seems extreme even for NY but Ole Wayne sure does have his hands full. I bet the requests for donations will ramp up even more. Buy your cheap mesh truckers hat and a Chinese made duffel bag quick.

You know why they're doing this just like I do! Wayne's anything but a saint and probably did use funds for many things they claim, but it's not beyond the AG's and DA's politicizing many things right now even when legal to infer graft.. There's a lot of legit businesses that take folks hunting on their dime for many reason.s. It's been going on at local hunt clubs forever with many products. If he violated the law he's no better than anyone else and should face the music. That demon greed doesn't look for voter id cards, it's a bipartisan quality folks can justify for anything. Look at our elected officials in all levels of government to see it spread across the spectrum. If only that same AG & DA had the moral fiber to look into the abuses in the funding of Black Lives Matter it may be even more revealing.

Of course it is political but the NRA gift wrapped this for somebody to make it political.

If you think this is over taking somebody hunting then you are as ill informed about the issues. Oliver North, Akerman McQueen and Ole Wayne got themselves a circular firing squad going on.

Maybe the membership should have paid attention to what was happening to their donations instead of goose stepping to Ole Wayne's every whim and want.

DUDE what part about Waynes not a saint and if he broke the law he should face the music can't you comprehend? Your ignorance and hatred is astounding!! You're your own worst enemy!

I addressed graft in a few other areas as well but you're too ignorant to grasp that concept.

i think the bottom line is you know Hillary was bad and Biden is worse and you'll be eating crow for four more years......You're like one of those irrational dems screaming on TV and your TDS is out of control even though you claim, you won't vote for them corrupt (I commend you) you're stuck sitting in your own excrement because you don't have a choice..........LOL

Huh? NY is suing the NRA, in an election year?

What's next month? Homelessness?
October is taking your social security month?

Not a member. The NRA forgot where guns get shot, and jumped into bed with the "transfer" crowd.

But good lord. My Franklin Planner from 08 shows the same craps on the same months.

I've wondered for ever though, why is NRA in NY?
Seems like lots of money keeping the ambulance chasers off your back.

I have no love for the NRA but virtually everything we see being done today is political. Great Letitia - Now do the Clinton Foundation!

Nemont has always had trouble grasping the obvious and falling for the diversion rather than eliminating the primary source of all the irritation.......the source of the irritation and those behind the real objective and the rash. Hossblur and others hit the nail on the head, it's obvious as hell..

The dems are creating havoc to try to divert the news cycle and keep the real truth from coming out about what they're up to on many fronts.

In case any on here didn't know Yates threw Comey under the bus yesterday and the rats are turning on their own and the whole false narrative is coming apart. Didn't hear it on the news? Gee wonder why?

But we did hear about the NRA scandal on all the major networks didn't we! See how much sense Hossblur and others make. Hmmm.

Nemount this is the organization that you contributed too and touted as a great organization to send donations too. I do not think any of us can recall you coming on here and criticize the leaders of Wounded warrors for blowing the money meant to be used to help wounded veterans. We know you hate the NRA and will always be a hypocrite concerning them.
Now that old Wayne has been exposed, the NRA will get rid of him and his spending ways.
RELH
The two top executives of the Wounded Warrior Project — among the largest veterans charities in the country — were fired Thursday after an investigation into accusations of lavish spending on parties, hotel and travel, according to a statement released on behalf of the embattled organization.

Wounded Warrior Project's CEO, Steven Nardizzi, and COO, Al Giordano, were fired by the charity's board amid criticisms about how it spent more than $800 million in donations over the last four years. The development was confirmed by Abernathy MacGregor, a public relations firm hired to represent the veterans charity.

“To best effectuate these changes and help restore trust in the organization among all of the constituencies WWP serves, the Board determined the organization would benefit from new leadership, and WWP CEO Steve Nardizzi and COO Al Giordano are no longer with the organization,” the statement said.

The statement also said a preliminary financial audit found that “some policies, procedures and controls at WWP have not kept pace with the organization’s rapid growth in recent years and are in need of strengthening.”

The charity came under fire after an earlier CBS News investigation in January revealed large amounts of spending on administration, meetings, and travel.

Nonprofit watchdog “Charity Navigator” says Wounded Warrior Project spends just 60 percent of its budget on veterans. The Marine Corps Law Enforcement Foundation provides more than 98 percent to veterans. Charity Navigator also assessed that Wounded Warrior’s total revenue for 2014 was well over $340 million.

"I have zero regrets, and I would do it again," he said. "Veterans, our lives, literally, depend on it."

Millette also marvels at the way the organization has overhauled itself and rebuilt, even as many predicted that it would crumble under the pressure. With Linnington at the helm, he said, WWP inspires confidence and appears to be working diligently to meet the real needs of its veterans population.

"Four years ago, I would have told you to keep your money in your pocket and take it somewhere else," he said. "[Now], I would tell you to look at the organization, the changes they've made and make an educated decision. Look at how they're focused on the real, important issues that have to do with veterans, and go from there."

Let me know when the NRA cleans house, goes before congress and rebuilds itself back to it's former mission of being the Premier 2nd Amendment Protector and not a multi level marketing machine to line Wayne Lapierre's pockets. Until then: People in Glass Houses.

Nemont

Nemont you are the fool living in a glass house that is throwing stones. Like I said you are a hypocrite of the first order and your ego will not let you accept that fact.
Thanks to the NRA lawyers and CPRA lawyers I still have pistol and rifle magazines that hold more then 10 rounds. I still have several hunting semi auto rifles with detachable magazines and a pistol grip that is 2/3 below the trigger guard line that CA. tried to ban when Gray Davis was gov. The NRA has several lawsuits pending to stop our state government from taking more rights away from us.
What have I got from you, outside of B.S. lip service. You are the friend of the anti gunners even if you will not admit it.
While we are at it. You ignored my question if you berated Trump for spending money on that public lands bill. Did I catch you between a rock and a hard place and you can not state which is more important with you. Public land staying public land or spending your grandkids money.
RELH

Newsflash Leticia - It ain't NRA members that turned many of our city streets into downtown Mogadishu. Maybe she could find a better use for her time?

Nemont you are the fool living in a glass house that is throwing stones. Like I said you are a hypocrite of the first order and your ego will not let you accept that fact.
Thanks to the NRA lawyers and CPRA lawyers I still have pistol and rifle magazines that hold more then 10 rounds. I still have several hunting semi auto rifles with detachable magazines and a pistol grip that is 2/3 below the trigger guard line that CA. tried to ban when Gray Davis was gov. The NRA has several lawsuits pending to stop our state government from taking more rights away from us.
What have I got from you, outside of B.S. lip service. You are the friend of the anti gunners even if you will not admit it.
While we are at it. You ignored my question if you berated Trump for spending money on that public lands bill. Did I catch you between a rock and a hard place and you can not state which is more important with you. Public land staying public land or spending your grandkids money.
RELH

Trump didn't spend money on the GAOA...the money comes from off-shore oil development royalities. Its not his money, and its not the taxpayers either.

S. 3422, the Great American Outdoors Act, was formally introduced March 9. GAOA will fully fund LWCF on an annual basis at $900 million, and will also provide nearly $2 billion a year over five years ($9.5 billion) to begin addressing the deferred maintenance backlog on federal lands.

The LWCF was established by Congress in 1965, investing royalties from offshore oil and gas drilling to federal agencies as well as state and local governments for projects focused on maintaining, acquiring and restoring public land assets. In its long history, LWCF has only been fully funded twice, typically only being funded halfway. In total, Manchin noted that $22 billion has been lost to “the black hole of the Treasury.” After a series of expirations and reauthorizations, LWCF was permanently reauthorized on March 12, 2019 – a piece of legislation led by Manchin.

I think Congress still owes us about 12.5 billion that they misappropriated from the LWCF...they got off cheap.

Yes, but Nemont will state that money should have gone to pay down the debt we have and save his grandkids future tax dollars. I am still waiting to hear from him as to what he considers more important, money spent to keep public lands in public hands or the debt our government has.
RELH

NeMont

If E&P companies are developing federal minerals, the reinvestment of the fed gov'ts share is what is going into the fund. It may not be direct taxpayer money, but it is a public monetary resource. Also, E&P companies pay a tax on the facilities to produce oil and gas (an ad velorum tax).

Just like collecting a fed income tax...

NeMont

If E&P companies are developing federal minerals, the reinvestment of the fed gov'ts share is what is going into the fund. It may not be direct taxpayer money, but it is a public monetary resource. Also, E&P companies pay a tax on the facilities to produce oil and gas (an ad velorum tax).

Just like collecting a fed income tax...

RR,

Not sure why you addressed this to me? I never mention federal mineral leases or the taxes associated with them.

RELH

What does Trump's signing a Public lands bill have to do with the NRA being used almost solely as way funnel money from it's membership to it's leadership?

So Trump signed a public lands bill ,good on him, even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Now be a good little lemming and do as instructed, the NRA needs you more than ever now. It is already laying off staff and cutting budgets for advocacy in order to defend Ole Wayne. That is some great use of it's membership's money.

Nemont

Im always entertained by guys who will pound groups like BHA for dark money. Or pound Meateater for their parent company. But have no issue with NRA siphoning money for its leadership's lifestyles, not advocating for gun owners. Seems not advocating is a sin unless its tgecNRA?

This being BS political grandstanding by NY AG aside, its an open secret that there is huge corruption at the top.

Yes, we know, without the NRA we would be Australia. God only knows there aren't any other gun advocacy groups.

...the money comes from off-shore oil development royalities. Its not his money, and its not the taxpayers either.

I think Congress still owes us about 12.5 billion that they misappropriated from the LWCF...they got off cheap.

RR,

Not sure why you addressed this to me? I never mention federal mineral leases or the taxes associated with them.

Please see your post up above. It's public money, aka, taxpayers.

I am no fan of the over hyped NRA, better organizations than them. Perhaps this will be the needed wake up call to ole Lil' Wayne and his cronies that they need to make a change. NRA used to be the chit now they are in the chitz.

I've never been in a National Park in my life but I bet they skim money off in lots of wasteful ways. I just hope they can afford to open up their bathrooms now.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom