In search of the perfect Chicken Fried Steak

projp

A few years ago while traveling through the fair city of Fairview, Ut. we stopped in for a bite at the local cafe. When we were informed by a lovely young lady that the special of the day was chicken fried steak a lively discussion ensued as to the amount of small cafes that have the same special, (some of them seemingly in perpetuity).
We resolved then and there that every time were were in a small town or on a Friday that we could get together we would sample as many chicken fried steaks as possible.
To date we have sampled quite a range of cuisine, from tough to tender, big to small, and white to brown (gravy).
We have developed some opinions and after today I think I have found the ultimate steak.
Lets hear your opinions as to where to find the perfect meal.

So which & where is the Ultimate Steak?

I ain't wasting as much money as you did figuring it out!:D

Thanks in Advance!

"""Supporting Speed Limits doesn't make You Anti Car"""

No & You'll never Fix STUPID or WACKO'S by changing Gun Laws You Dumb BITTCH!

hmmmm....I've never been broke enough to want chicken fried steak...

Genghis Khan raped so many women that 1 in 200 people today carry his genes..

JB back to Ruth's Chris Steakhouse?

2311idiot.jpg

on the west side of the road (hwy 89) home run cafe or home base cafe? or something like that ,,,, we eat there every year at least once :)

I have made a grievous error in the subject line of this thread.
Instead of attracting food connoisseurs I have got guys looking for "chicks".
Tune in tomorrow for the unveiling to the "best so far chicken fried steak".

LAST EDITED ON Feb-02-13 AT 04:54PM (MST)[p]So far....in first place....by quite a bit....

CHICKS in Heber

Start with homemade soup, then salad, then a homemade scone with a half a pound of butter and honey, then one of the tastiest C.F. Steaks you will ever eat, with real mashed potatoes and gravy..
I hear the desert is good but I couldn't get all the way through lunch.

Let me know where else to try....

I make a mean Chicken Fried from decent Venison but can't pick a Best from those places i've had it when out and about.

I think CF, is about as good as it gets in cooking up deer meat and i'll fix it that way at least once a week until it's all gone. :)

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

You hit it on the nose projp CHICKS has the best!! and I live just outside Fairview ( Home Plate) in Fairview is good but Chicks wins. I have been going to chicks 2 or 3 times a year for 30 years. Took my wife on our first date there in 1986. We still get a room in Heber and eat at Chicks and then flyfish the Provo on our anniversary.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom