Inconvenient ...half truths?

A

Alchase

It is about time somebody called BS to the half truths used within the Global Warming community. So much of what we have been force fed is selective reasonning, from the hockey stick graphs to leaving out the years from 1000s and 1200s UN sanctioned study because they did not fit the "Warmer Today then Ever Before Model" they are supporting, to polar bears drowning because of ice flows breaking up.
Just to be clear, warming may well be happening, but for gosh sakes lets get to the truth not just what Al Gore "implies" is the truth.
The link below is a good read, take not who is being critical in the article.
(cut and paste the address)

http://www.smh.com.au/news/environm...t-news-for-gore/2007/03/13/1173722471286.html

There are only two types of people - The Hunters and the hunted,
I hunt.
Alchase

Whether it's as bad as they say or not, one can't ignore the facts. I used to believe the people trying to stave off panic by denying that global warming was occuring, but it doesn't take a genius to figure out we are trashing our earth.

Who is? I'm not. I put out much less than 1/10 of the carbon footprint that Al Gore puts out with only one of his homes. I'm doing just fine, thank you very much.

compared to Al Gore we are all doing very well in terms of saving the earth, all that pompous fool has done is take a subject already research and concluded and try to claim it as his own, kind of like when HE invented the internet.....

"but it doesn't take a genius to figure out we are trashing our earth."

I don't buy that at all. So in order not to trash the planet as you put it, man must disapear right? I mean that is after all the only way.

The argument as I see it is over global warming beiing man made or not. Not that global warming is happening. Must remind you that man made global warming has not been proven. So there goes your trashing the earth argument.

Oh and for all you nay sayeres a conscensus is not science, so don't even go there.

Global warming is simply a power grab anda money grab.

And I take it that we also don't pollute rivers and oceans....those are just happening as well by natural causes. Your knowledge should continue to be in hunting, science is not a good subject for you.

Don't be silly quakie boy. The only way to rid the planet of polution is to rid the planet of human beings. Stck to doom and gloom post cause common scence just aint your ticket.

Part two. This planet is not the fragile feather you think it is. Long after man is gone the planet will still be doing just great.

trashing the planet.....I don't think so. Your terms are a bit harsh, a bit liberal, and alot like you've been watching way to much Discovery Chanel:)

Sounds like between us only one actually owns a tv, or a dictionary, or any books for that matter. Maybe you are mistaking my statements for a call to eradicate humankind, that is not correct. I hope your hunting knowledge is more comprehensive than your science experience, otherwise I would devote more of your time to watching the view and knitting.....

Then I guess we will agree to disagree..... So do you have a membership to the quilted bear too?? Not that I do,.....I'm just wondering

Quackcrazy,

Why are you thinking about the "quilted bear"????

The only bobcat wondering why someone would talk about the
quilted bear and global warming on MM!!!!!

What is wrong with the quilted bear??

the only quakey wondering why you don't like their crafts....

Hey! I'm still waiting for the "ICE AGE" that was predicted to return in 1975!!!
The alarmist Leftists Love to come up with these big HOAXES every few years. The Earth functions in cycles. The real deal Scientists know the Global Warming crap is just one more pile of Bull!

TM

I just bought a great book on the subject, "Unstoppable Global Warming Every 1,500 Years" by Singer and Avery. Extremely well researched and full of cited studies that show the earth has been going through it's own heating and cooling cycles for a very long time, with or without man.
---Bob

What I'm curious about is how we started the last ice age? We may or may not be speeding up the next one a little but it is going to happen if we are here or not.

You know the real reason why Al gore is making it a big deal--$$$$$$$ and look who he's getting it from---Hollywood cause they need the tax write offs. I sure as hell didn't see any of his followers getting off a public transportation bus to help cure the global warming problem.

I am in a college statistics class right now and we just watched Al Gore's movie in class last week. The point; using statistics, you can skew any set of data to make your point seem valid (even if it is not). That movie was ridiculous, even the professor couldn't help laughing at some of the charts and stats.

Andy

How would you like to see someone like Al Gore in the office of President of the United States? All of the big two candidates are spin doctors just like Al. I would suggest voting for a third party next time as a protest against the corrupt political machine we have now.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom