Incredilble customer service in New Mexico!!!

alaska_bou

I just got off the phone with one of the most rude and impatient women from the NMFG department regarding the recent non-resident screw-over on applications. I don't believe I will spend a dime in this state after this year because of the "screw you, more tags for me" mentality many of the resident hunters are expressing and the abysmal customer service from the fish and game...

I will go back to Africa for another oryx or back to Asia if I ever want another ibex before I dive into such generous 6% tag quotas, become involved in the outfitter tag scheme or have to deal with the NM Fish and Game again what-so-ever.

Also, nice to hear they will be holding onto my sheep permit funds until after the draw despite deleting my application. I guess the state IS hard up for $$ is they need the interest of my fees that bad...

That's just awful thinking all of us from New Mexico are disdainful a-holes. We are some of the most caring considerate sportsman out there! I always do my part to help out the less fortunate hunter, in fact I will give you some free advise and help you save money. You can go one state over into Texas kill both species on the same ranch in a 2 acre enclosure then brag to your friends about what a spectacular hunter you are. I'm sure your odds of success will be astronomically better in Texas than here in NM anyway.

As far as you not spending a dime in our amazing state ever again, that's fine! No one gives a damn about your 2 cents either!

Ive been to TX. That's where I killed my 34"+ Barbary. Free range, by the way.
#28 SCI.
Just one of the many options.

EVILNR you wish it was free range! I've seen ur Facebook page! U go ahead and stick to ur spike horned whitetails ok! Nobody is intimidated by u flexing with ur little handgun pics on ur page. Do us all a favor and don't apply in our state or post on our forum!

>I just got off the phone
>with one of the most
>rude and impatient women from
>the NMFG department regarding the
>recent non-resident screw-over on applications.
>I don't believe I will
>spend a dime in this
>state after this year because
>of the "screw you, more
>tags for me" mentality many
>of the resident hunters are
>expressing and the abysmal customer
>service from the fish and
>game...
>
>I will go back to Africa
>for another oryx or back
>to Asia if I ever
>want another ibex before I
>dive into such generous 6%
>tag quotas, become involved in
>the outfitter tag scheme or
>have to deal with the
>NM Fish and Game again
>what-so-ever.
>
>Also, nice to hear they will
>be holding onto my sheep
>permit funds until after the
>draw despite deleting my application.
>I guess the state IS
>hard up for $$ is
>they need the interest of
>my fees that bad...

Get real man!! There are plenty of other NR's that will gladly come here and spend their money, without all the bitching!!! The lady at game and fish is probably about as tired as we are from hearing from you whiners all the time about this BS!!! Get over it already and move on!!!!

>EVILNR you wish it was free
>range! I've seen ur Facebook
>page! U go ahead and
>stick to ur spike horned
>whitetails ok! Nobody is intimidated
>by u flexing with ur
>little handgun pics on ur
>page. Do us all a
>favor and don't apply in
>our state or post on
>our forum!

Killed in the cienega mtns. Down near Presidio. Apparently unfamiliar country for you. And by the way, I have never had a Facebook page...lol! Handguns?
Killed with a 7wby.
At least you guys are mildly entertaining.

LAST EDITED ON Apr-15-14 AT 07:04PM (MST)[p]I'm hoping and praying the greedy NM game dept keeps my money. Never had a bad conversation with any game dept let alone the guys/gals in NM. I guess if I started the conversation with "why are you pricks holding my money" rather than "hello", my experience would be different.

Evidently it hasen't been said enough; the dept doesn't have the mechanism to refund the money early even if they wanted to. Depending the level of autonomy the legislature has granted them, they may not even have the power to create that mechanism. Jason or one of the other guys can probably answer that.

The same you complaint you have have we have had about our own state! The odds sucked for residents and favored the NR... So that being said we have been the ones entitled to cry from the jump....

For everyone of you that says this there is another that WILL apply and likely more residents will apply for exotic hunts now that they know theres a fractions, of a babbies momma fraction of drawing!

The judge mandated the change immediate what don't you understand about that?!!

Why do most NRs feel compelled to grandstand whining BS before they vow to never put in for a NM hunt again? Of course, next year they will be posting "I drew a unit 53 elk hunt never been there before any starting points or info would be nice. Also what type of bulls can I expect?"

I cannot understand why all of this hate and venom is directed at the Residents and NMGF.

They do not want to consider the OBVIOUS.

There is absolutely no upside for NMGF to spring this debacle on everyone. There is absolutely no advantage to them keeping your money any longer than they have to.
They are a government agency, there is a lot less accountability compared to the private sector.
They cannot/will not move quickly on anything. They may not be the best at customer service, but, I have never had any horrible service.

Get the hell over it. Isn't there anything more important or pressing in your lives? Move on.

I you want to dispute your credit card charges, do it, nobody really cares.

If you decide to never apply in NM again, dont apply. You will not find to many people that really care.
The one thing I have seen applying in 10 states the last 15+ years is the only thing that affects whether NR apply in a state is the quality of the hunting. Nothing else. The odds only get worse and worse if it is a quality hunt.

Juan to add to the argument that NM is so hard up for money that they are keeping your money till after the draw. That money is either being held in some sort of money market or a short term treasury and if you haven't looked lately that is paying s**t . So I do not think they are doing this becuase they are trying to make money on your piss ass amount of money. I gladly put my money in the draw every year and don't really expect to draw a bighorn tag or an Ibex. NM is more than far to non residence, what about Arizona that makes you buy a non residence license just to buy points. You don't see me bashing Arzona residence and claiming I will never spend money in there state again. Grow up and stop bitching

LAST EDITED ON Apr-15-14 AT 09:09PM (MST)[p]I have to refer to the old cliche, "Why cant we all just get along?" Seriously guys do you think the Anti's are divided?? We are all sportsmen and better stick together.
I am a NR and i have 8 applications in for my entire family. I am in for all species in NM. Did it suck to hear about the court ruling? Yes. Is it the residents fault? Or NMDGF? NO! I called game and fish and the guy i spoke to was very polite and almost apologetic. He handled everything quickly and wished me luck in the draw.

Personally i hope they find a way to give non residents a sheep tag or two in the future because i know i will continue to apply as long as there is a chance at a tag and others will to.
I think most guys on MM are good guys, residents and NR's. I have never met a rude sportsman in the field and hope i never do. We need to continue to help each other whenever we can and promote and preserve this sport we all love for the next generation.
Good Luck to EVERYONE in the draw.

OCHO; either I am dyslexic or you have been exposed to a little too much radiation.. Your comment makes no sense..

Anyone who applies in other western states AND claim a 6% NR quota in NM is "fair" is a hypocrite to say the least.

Most of the residents that chime in to say "quit whining" want any non resident opposition to the new allocation system to simply go away so residents can focus on what is in their own self interest. It's a "me, me, me, screw you attitude. Just read a few of the above comments.

Sorry, but when a non resident who sends a $7,000 check in application fees each year calls the NM fish and game with a few simple questions the LEAST I expect is a polite, courteous phone call, regardless if their hands are tied with refunds. If that is too much to ask they should find a new line of work.

Alaska_bou how bout rather than our NMDGF employees find new work, how bout u find a new state to apply in. Boo hoo hoo u sent in 7 grand, who cares just get over it already. U act like ur money keeps our state goin strong. We don't need ur money and we sure as he'll don't need ur crying on our forum! I'm glad u ain't gonna draw sh!t this year.

dmaxarchr;

I sincerely doubt most NM residents want you and your well articulated comments as their spokesman, but then again you may be a perfect example...

Anyway, thanks for the interest!

LAST EDITED ON Apr-16-14 AT 10:47AM (MST)[p]>OCHO; either I am dyslexic or
>you have been exposed to
>a little too much radiation..
>Your comment makes no sense..
>
>
>Anyone who applies in other western
>states AND claim a 6%
>NR quota in NM is
>"fair" is a hypocrite to
>say the least.
>
>Most of the residents that chime
>in to say "quit whining"
>want any non resident opposition
>to the new allocation system
>to simply go away so
>residents can focus on what
>is in their own self
>interest. It's a "me, me,
>me, screw you attitude. Just
>read a few of the
>above comments.
>
>Sorry, but when a non resident
>who sends a $7,000 check
>in application fees each year
>calls the NM fish and
>game with a few simple
>questions the LEAST I expect
>is a polite, courteous phone
>call, regardless if their hands
>are tied with refunds. If
>that is too much to
>ask they should find a
>new line of work.

When we (residents) have been getting screwed we didn't go on every state forumn and whine about it did we? No, people got together and had the law overturned...

Now, NR's that have been taking more than their fair share of the tags are not going to have that opportunity to do so anymore. So your mad... Its done -- again we have been getting the shaft for years so yeah we don't care if now you feel the way we (mad about the draw odds and tag allocations) have for many years. ^Lamens terms... OK

Its not a screw you attitude its simply we are getting what we deserve and so are you but you! You don't like the $hitty odds just like we didn't so the shoe is on the other foot now is it not?

The money situation is not going to change how many of you guys don't get that after all the posting by the G & F and people on formuns... You get your money when they say you can and no amount of crying or calling will change that!

Your the girl who got dumped and is mad about... That was the radiation in that comment... Sorry! LMAO

NOOOOO! Please don't go! ALL you non-residents, PLEASE continue to apply in New Mexico.

It is just going to ruin all of our hunting seasons from this year going forward without the non-residents gracing the great state of New Mexico with your presence and getting 15 out of 16 bighorn sheep tags.

We will TRY to move on as a state from this great tragedy. We know its going to be hard and may be impossible to ever have the same hunting experience without you non-residents here.

Us residents are EXTREMELY sorry that a court ruled to allow us to hunt OUR animals. If it was up to us, you would get 15 out of the 16 tags EVERY year. The court definitely screwed up with this decision. And we deserve to see 1000 posts about it on this New Mexico hunting forum which legislators, courts, and other people with power read EVERY day to get the input from non-residents. The posts on a forum are DEFINITELY going to get the attention to cause them to reverse this decision so you once again can have the huge advantage of getting all the bighorn tags.

You now have our apology, can you please stop complaining to us about the tag allocation?

Once again, we apologize.

Sincerely,
The Residents of New Mexico.

This thread resembles an elementary school playground argument. I personally did not apply in NM this year because I am still bothered by the 84/10/6 tag allocation. My biggest gripe is that NM has allocated 10% of the tags to guides and outfitters. Nonetheless, NM can do whatever it wants. However, if they alienate enough nonresidents then the F&G and the residents will feel an impact.

At the end of the day, we are all sportsmen and we are all nonresidents in every state except one. Therefore, we should look for ways to work together and treat each other fairly.

Hawkeye

Browning A-Bolt 300 Win Mag
Bowtech Destroyer
Winchester Apex .50 Cal

LAST EDITED ON Apr-16-14 AT 12:36PM (MST)[p]Yeah Paul, come on lucky # ?
I personally have always gotten good service from NMG&F. Hear that guys?

...after all the millions I've spent here in NM, I better draw an ibex tag this year or I'm going to move somewhere else and spend my money there. And no one better be rude to me when I complain or I'll move away even sooner...

This crap is starting to annoy--I should just go mess up a turkey hunt...

Really? Why are you worrying about getting your money back now? You should have been worried about it a month ago. I guess it couldn't have been that important.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom