Indycar driver dies in horrific accident

Terrible tragedy. No way to avoid the collateral damage of a car wrecking ahead of you.

My deepest condolences to his family.

Eldorado

We should all remember to keep Dan Wheldon and his family in our thoughts and prayers. ESPN just finished a story and tribute to him, and he seemed like a very fine fellow. Such a tragedy, even though they know this can happen any time they strap into a car.

A sad day in racing for sure.
You never hear anybody talk about it,have the safety features of Indy cars been improved as much as NASCAR cars in recent years?

[font color = red size = red size = 10 face ="face"]TAKE NOTE:MY SIGNATURE WON'T PLEASE EVERYBODY SO DON'T EVEN READ BELOW IF YOU'RE EASILY OFFENDED BY EVERYDAY BS ON MM[/font]

LAST EDITED ON Oct-17-11 AT 02:15PM (MST)[p]I am a casual Indy car race fan. I usually wach the Indy 500 and a few other races.
I had the opportunity to go to the race on Sunday. It was very exiciting during those first few laps. Then it happened. Two cars touch and then a chain reaction wreck behind.
You could tell right away that it was serious. The way that the first people on scene reacted. I sad day for all involved.
After a two hour delay it was announced the Dan Wheldon had passed and the race was cancelled. the remaining drivers came out and did a 5 lap, three by three tribute to their fallen friend. I can say I was choked up by it all. It is a dayI will never forget. God bless the Wheldon family at this time.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom