Info on 2C

W

wesmd

I drew the 2C rifle hunt this year and am chomping at the bit Finally a true rut hunt in Northern NM. I know a little about this unit but I figure the more info I can squeeze out of you guys the better. I figure this is like drawing a once in a lifetime tag so I plan on making the most of it. Any suggestions on areas, size of deer? I have a buck that scores 188 that I killed with my bow, a couple of years ago, I would like to get one the same size or bigger hard horned if I could.

I'm jealous....you will have an awesome hunt!! hunted that unit(or the area that is now unit 2C)quite a few years and is probably one of my favorite hunts! If you put the time and effort, you can find a hard horned mate for the 188 you have! Good luck!

Congrats on the tag!!! Thats my favorite unit to hunt in NM. Can I go LOL. Lots of vantage points for glassing, have good glass and be patience big bucks will start to wander looking for does. Again congrats on the tag!
jtnm

great draw!!! thats like winning the lottery!
wish I drew one too. hey the benches just under the top should show promise...

Congrats on a great tag. Wished I could pass on more than a "congrats" but don't know the area well enough to help any , 2B is my wheel house....

I feel really lucky. Its one of those tags that you put in for not really expecting to draw. Are you talking about all benches in general, or a specific area? I have heard good things about crow mesa, any other areas I should check out. Should I try to locate the groups of does and wait for a buck to show up, or is it to early for that?

Check out Rock House and back to the East it's really good. Get up on the rim rock, glass up the does and you'll surely find Bucks. Nov 17-21 for petes sake, don't get any better than that. Crow mesa is good too. There is a lot of bitter brush in hidey holes in this part of the country, awesome places to glass, you can also track deer in this country, but no need in Late Nov.

Muley

thats what I am hoping for, big bucks with the does. I have never been in the area during the rut. Spent some time in 2B taking pictures of deer over thanksgiving last year and saw some nice bucks but nothing better than 180. I sure hope the big boys come out to play.

I drew a Muzzle loader tag for the end of Sept.
Does anybody have any more specific information on a location?
Has anybody hunted this that I could call and get some specifics on a MAP?

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom