Info on units 36 and 36A

S

SilenceBreaker

I have been hunting in unit 39 for the past few years and have done well. However I would like to try another unit. I was thinking of unit 36 or 36A. Just wondering if anyone could tell me how the hunting is in those two units compared to unit 39. This is for deer modern firearm........

stay in 39, unit 36 is overrun with wolves and hunters. The only good unit to hunt is 36a-1 which is a controlled hunt. And good luck on getting that I have been putting in for that unit for the last 20 years with no luck.

Really that sucks. I called Idaho F/G "The Salmon Region" and they said you can buy a general tag for that unit. Well regardless I am going to 39 this year again until I can find something better. I heard the access into 36A is very limited anyway is that true.

They are correct. All I am saying is that unit 36 is really bombarded during the general season for elk. 36A is very limited and also over the counter. 36a1 is a controlled hunt for elk. I would stay were the hunting is good. JMO.....

Hey thanks for the information it really helps. I hear ya I'm just trying to learn more area. Unit 39 is awesome some years but the last couple have been pretty slow. We still seen deer and elk but not on the level as previous years. I was just reading about the wolf problem in 36 on another site and they talked about the same points you brought up. Thanks again......

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom