information needed !!

H

hunterman67

ok i'm going to ask a serious question of you all right now- any advice WILL HELP. i do not have really good places to go to buy optics, i dont know enough about them. i have a youngster (friend of our families son)who knows i hunt and has asked me a question. his fathers b-day is september the 22nd, he has saved up about 400 dollars, and asked where he could get his dad a good pair-o-binos. a little bit of history here for you who may pass on some advice. his father has cancer and will most likely not live a year if lucky. the father has got 2 hunts with his son this fall- those will most likely be the last ones. i am kicking in the rest of the needed money (under the table and without thier knowledge) i need nothing from anyone except some place that is going to give me a good price on a pair of binoculars. my understanding is that the binos will be given to the dad this coming week- next week so that they may be used on the 1st hunt (some hunt in texas for a couple of different animals) what i am asking is for one of you members has a good cost that you know about- to pass the info along to me- if its private- send me a P.M.- that's all. i am thinking it will be about 1k total for what we are going to get, and i am doing this because i was asked, maybe if/when the dad passes the son can use them- not my place to think that but i do. and for those who know me- i am of the opinion that binos should not cost this much- so keep quiet- its not me. i want to help out and get this kid what HE asked for to give to HIS dad- thats all. no herioc measures please i just dont want this kid to be taken on this, and i don't know squat about these things so i'm asking YOU !!!!! i am looking for the best cost anyone can get for a pair of swarovski EL(?) like the good ones- whatever they are 10x50 ? something good. let me know if you can help.
thank you.

MICHAEL WAITE, MARANA, AZ.

The problem you have is your taste is expensive el are over 1000.00
I would look on ebay or some swarovski 10-42 slc you might find a good used or new pair for 600.00 to 800.00

this is an old time type of hunter, i myself think paying over 300 is hurtful- lol. but none the less there has got to be a pair of them somewhere for less than a grand, but if need be- i will spend it, long run it's worth it !!!!!

check ebay like warbird said, or go to www.bearbasin.com. unless the kid is set on the swarovski's you might want to look at stiener predator. nikon also makes a bino called the monarch atb that's less than $300 and in my opinion are the best bino value on the planet.

Krusty.jpg

Go check Cabela's on the Zeiss 10x40 Classic around 700.00 may find them cheaper at BearBasin. Can't go wrong with these Bino's.

Brian

Michael: Zeiss makes a new american made line of binos that are very affordable. I think the Outdoorsman in Phoenix sells them but the 15x45 bino's are around 600.00 and really are nice light to carry around your neck. I would get those or if he really wants Swarovski, get the SLC 10x42. They are plenty good for him and alot less money than the EL's.......... Allen Taylor......

Go to froogle.com

It's a search engine for buying things. Type in whatever you want, as specific as you want, and it will give you many pages of online retailers and their prices. Saves a lot of time in cyberworld and I have used it five times to purchase things in the past two weeks alone.

Hope this helps Michael.

Regards,
Chef
"I Love Animals...They're Delicious!"

My two suggestions were either Cabelas for the Zeiss ClassiC's or swfa.com. They sell new and used binos. I've bought a couple of pairs from them and they seem respectable.

Ghost Hunter

LAST EDITED ON Sep-11-04 AT 11:02PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Sep-11-04 AT 10:56 PM (MST)

There's a great deal right now on Ebay for a NIB pair of Kahles 8x42 binoculars. The "buy it now" price is $560.00, which is about $180.00 less than the listed retail at SWFA.com and Bearbasin.com. Kahles, by the way, if you don't already know, is a division of Swarovski.

I've never owned a pair of Kahles binos, but everything I've ever read about them has been positive. Better hurry if you're interested, I don't think these will be around too long at that price. I'm not affiliated with the seller in anyway, just passing along the info.

Here's the link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=50538&item=7101487885&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

1. Go to www.paypal.com and set up a donation account, then post the link here. 5 bucks here and there adds up fast.

2. Contact some of the organizations like RMEF, MDF, etc. Maybe they will donate a pair of binocs or make a cash donation.

3. Contact Swarovski, Leica, Zeiss, Cabelas, Bear Basin, etc. Maybe they donate a pair or let the kid buy a pair for $400.00

Just some thoughts.

LAST EDITED ON Sep-15-04 AT 02:44AM (MST)[p]I want to thank you all for your help, and advice on this subject. in the last week I went back and re-read every optics post on this site for a year trying to get names and numbers of places to look. I will tell you all this, one of the larger outdoor supply chains really came through for us. we were given a very -VERY- good deal on a very good set of optics, we happily accepted ! the request was granted tenfold. they will be presented to the father on the 22nd at a dinner with me and my mom and thier family, and although I know exactly how much of a tearjerker this is going to be, I would not miss it for the world. again all of us wish to thank all of you for your information and advice on this subject. thank you.

Sounds like the dealer stepped up and did a good thing. Glad to hear the boys dream is coming true!

Props to you for helping the young man out! Good job, and may the best of luck shine on you this season!

'It's all about the gut pile'

Happy to hear you were able to find what you were looking for on a budget. It's a great thing you did.

Chef
"I Love Animals...They're Delicious!"

hotbuyselectronics.com

The new pentax sp 8x43 they are 389.00 plus 50 mail in rebate. These compare with the top end binos. Go to betterviewdesired.com to read a good review on these binos.

Good Luck

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom