inline muzzleloader accuracy

rifleman

i'm used to the standard with centerfire rifles where 1" or less groups is considered good in most rifles. i'n considering purchasing a cva optima or accura soon, but i'm curious as too what is good exceptable accuracy from todays muzzleloaders, 2" at 100 yards?

IMO, 2 inches is great, 3 inches is aduquate for hunting purposes. Of course it depends on you sighting device. I only shoot open sights, so 3-4 inches at 100 yards is good for me.

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

>i'm used to the standard with
>centerfire rifles where 1" or
>less groups is considered good
>in most rifles. i'n
>considering purchasing a cva optima
>or accura soon, but i'm
>curious as too what is
>good exceptable accuracy from todays
>muzzleloaders, 2" at 100 yards?
>

Most modern muzzleloader either inline or traditional are capable of 1" groups at 100 yards with good sights and good eyes. The problem is that you are not shooting cartridges that are exactly the same each time; and you are using powder that tends to foul the bore. You must control all the variables which is not easy with a muzzleloader. If you do everything right (exact powder, same bullet, same bore condition, same bullet seating pressure, good primers, selected load combination that the rifle likes etc.) it will do those kind of groups. I have done this for some time and still find the 1" at 100 yards even with scope to be somewhat difficult to obtain;or,I should say "repeat every time". Less than 2" is fairly normal.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom