Interesting article Grizzly vs Treadwell

NVBighorn

Long Time Member
This article sort of shows the other side of the story about the guy that was killed last fall in Alaska while "studying" and trying to "save" grizzly bears. Unfortunately it's pretty typical of how some private "foundations" sometimes abuse their "power" by using emotional tactics to get money from the rich (and sometimes the poor).

May have to copy and paste this link.

http://customwire.ap.org/dynamic/st...THRU?SITE=WAOLY&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

It may sound sadistic and inhumane, but I was rather pleased to see an enemy of the hunter "debunked" in such a resounding way!
He would try to indoctrinate young school children into the treehugger lifestyle.He never missed a beat when it came to slam hunters and wildlife managers that believe in hunting.
Larry Van Daele was the biologist that checked in my Kodiak Brown Bear in 2001, he also had the very ugly duty of pulling Treadwells remains from the stomach of the bear that that ate him.
I also can't stand the Hollywood left that go out of their way to support these dorks!
Pierce Brosnan tried to dissuade the young make a wish cancer patient out shooting a brown bear as his last wish.
Leornardo DiCaprio has gone out gone out his way to support any tree-hugger issues.

You can say what ever you want about this treadwell guy, but his mistake was in not using pepper spray, for this was what it was invented for.

Now that he dead they find out he was a Bull$hit artist and lied to all those people that gave him money, I glad he screwed those people over. That bear did good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know larry van dale as well, i've guided on kodiak for the past six years. Treadwell pretty much played with fire for a long time and finally got burnt...bad! can't dink around with wild animals like that and not expect something to happen. shame they shot the bear that took him, should given him a medal or something. Whenever you enter the woods its no longer our house, respect whats there and prepare to get your butt kicked if the neighbors don't like you!
who said pepper spray? if you wanna trust your life to tabasco in a spray bottle be my guest. lead poisioning is the only thing i feel safe protecting my family with along the woods and salmon streams.

harryhunter50103-1.jpg

AMEN BROTHER!

Good lookin' bruin! where ya take him at and with what? spring griz/brown is a great hunt. done them on kodiak for several years and interior for griz. nothing funner than shooting a bear who thinks hes gonna get some action from the sow and have to rain on his parade!

LAST EDITED ON Jan-08-04 AT 05:31PM (MST)[p]Thanks!
I took him near Ugak Bay on Kodiak in April 2001
He squared an honest 10ft 1in with a skull that dried out at 28"B&C. With a perfect hide and white claws! The best hunt and trophy of my life!
harryhunter50103-6.jpg

harryhunter50103-7.jpg

harryhunter50103-8.jpg

This is an interior Grizz I took in the Talkeetnas in '96
harryhunter50103-22.jpg

Hey BRWNBR! I see you post on the Alaska Hunting Forum!
I spend time there too! I have always loved my adventures in the GREATLAND!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom