Interesting Article

That guy is talking Whitetail deer Management!

Whitetail and Mule Deer, imo, are as similar to manage correctly as Labs and Poodles are! Two way different critters with different needed concerns to manage correctly.

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

IT really is a great article to read and the comments are just as good. It does show how the trophy hunter has come to be from back in the "olden' Days when putting meat on the table was the first thing on their mind, when hunters was more into if it was big in body and could feed his whole family.
You read stories about how some hunters of deer and elk would leave the huge racks laying in the back country because they wasn't carrying out nothing but the meat. Hunting old wise bucks are what we end doing because after shooting several small bucks you look for the challenge of a bigger wiser deer to hunt, Because now most don't need the meat like they did in the early days. I hunt horns more then meat, But I will never say anything bad about someone's right to take a small buck or doe as long as they have legal rights to do so, They can hunt their way and I will hunt my way, neither is the wrong way.

You can stockpile bucks just by letting little one's live longer BUT it doesn't mean they will be around if/when they get big, too many things can take that stockpile reduce it to ashes.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

>That guy is talking Whitetail deer
>Management!
>
>Whitetail and Mule Deer, imo, are
>as similar to manage correctly
>as Labs and Poodles are!
>Two way different critters with
>different needed concerns to manage
>correctly.
>

Sage, Bad analagie, Labs and Poodles are both great water loving gun dogs.Some would say the poodle is an even better duck dog than a lab. Just not as popular because people started giving them wierd hair cuts.

But I agree with the rest of your statement. :)

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom