Interesting G&F Article On Leftover Licenses

Same thing happens here in Utah. Last year I puchased a left over buck tag for one of my boys and before I could get the second son one they were sold out. My brother in law was at the division tinking that was the fastest or best way to recieve a tag and stated that out of three stations with division personal two people recieved tags, but before the third division employee could finish up and hit purchase the tags were gone for the third person.

Everyone behind them were left out including the third person that was being helped at 8:00 AM, but failed to get a tag before quicker people at home on the internet purchased the tags first.

I tried to get tags in the area with 25 doe antelope tags leftover that they said sold out in fifteen seconds. I was logged in and ready to go when the link to buy became active. I know I selected with in the first two seconds and it already said "Sold Out." I don't know what I could have done to be any quicker.

>With 1600+ people locked and loaded,
>a guy has to be
>quick and lucky on some
>of those tags.

***That's for sure and what happened to elkantlers probably happened to a lot of others. Luck and a fast computer hookup are probably the two keys in those particular circumstances.

We had luck and speedy internet for once and nabbed up 4 of them 25 tags. Felt good for a change to win one. I hate scrabbling like this to get my fingers on a tag but am pleased Fish and Game have cut tag numbers in response to declining herd numbers rather than maintain tag numbers to meet public desire. In the long run its all for the better.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom