Interesting Pic

MichaelJ

Very Active Member
Ok I know this isn't that important, but it seemed interesting to me. There's a lot of pics on this page, but if you look at the one half way down the page, where the guy shot the buffalo with the pistol, there's still buffalo in the background. I mean, I can understand wanting the meat, but that just seems wrong to me. Like shooting cattle and calling it hunting.
http://www.oneshotfirearms.com/refrigerator/index.html
Hope it works!

Michael~All Gods creatures welcome, right next to the mashed potatoes and gravy.

I agree! He kinda looks like a "canned hunt" sort of guy. That is a pretty small buff. I wonder if he pulled it off of its mommas teet before he shot it. Oh well, to each his own, I guess. Buffalo is damn good meat, I wouldnt mind shooting one (at least one that is semi-grown) just for the meat. I just wouldnt have a picture taken and post it on a hunting website.
Hey, maybe every fall when I slaughter a steer I can dress in my camo and have my picture taken kneeling over it with my 300 win mag in hand. You know that those domesticated critters can be one hell of a challenge. Huuuahhaahhh...
Eric
hat_3.gif
aktion060.gif

Bird-01.gif

I have actually seen advertisments for "texas wild steer" hunts. No, kidding.

Most likely it was a canned hunt. Buffalo meat prices were quite lucrative several years ago and some ranchers started raising them like cattle. Since then the buffalo market crashed and ranchers were left with a huge investment in their pastures with no way to sell the meat at a profit. So some ranchers added value to the buffalo by offering "hunts" where you could go out and shoot a cow or bull for $500 and have all the meat processed. At that price it actually was still cheaper than beef.

Most guys that participated in these hunts didn't do so to be an extreme hunter, most did it for the meat and the hide which makes a beautiful tanned rug.

I just talked to a friend who came back from a pheasant/waterfowl hunt somewhere in MT. This same ranch offered buffaloe "hunts". The rancher is doing just what everyone is saying, adding value to a basically worthless animal to due over supply.

Get this, my buddy paid like $1,900 for a 4 day bird hunt, included lodging, food, guide, etc. There was a guy there hunting buffs-his cost $2,100 and included cutting and wrapping and processing all the buff meat! And after he killed the buff, he got to go bird hunting..with my friends group! My friend was pissed, for $200 more than he paid to hunt birds, he could have a whole buff cut and wrapped plus head and hide and still get to hunt birds a couple days!

Ohhh!! So nice....want to touch the hiney!!....some good looking animals too!!!

That kid shooting the Ar-15 is pretty sweet too. THats gonna be my kids someday...when I get around to having any!!

LAST EDITED ON Nov-05-03 AT 02:36PM (MST)[p]Damn that blonde sure fills out those jeans not to mention that black top she has on. I got her one shot..right here

Now if the blondes was in a bikini, then that would be worth drooling over!
Michael

Shootin em with a gun is like cattle. It's rediculous and it shouldn't be allowed. People can argue about muzzleloaders not being guns, but now there is one out that is like a gun! Shoots unworldly fast for a muzzleloader, but I aint sure who it's by. I saw it when a guy used it on the Out door channel on a buffalo. Dropped it in it's tracks.
I have a recurve just incase I ever have the chance to take a buffalo. I'll only do it with my recurve.

-Cass
"Vegetarian : And old Indian word for bad Hunter"

LMAO, you guys have me rollin! Ditto on the blonde here! I would love to shoot a buffalo just for the meat. I've heard that some places in montana, they actually have buffalo in like 30,000 acres and they're really challenging to hunt. If they spook, they run for quite a ways and then you have to stalk em again. That would be fun. I've always wanted to hunt em on horse back with a lever action 30-30! Where you have to run real close, and shoot em on the run! Just my fantasizing and blabbering.

Michael~All Gods creatures welcome, right next to the mashed potatoes and gravy.

Thats definetly a canned hunt. I'm surprised nobody noticed the green tag in its ear.

That blond looks like my ex-girlfriend. She turned into a dirty little slut, oh did I say that out loud.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmm,

I love them Taters n' gravy. How about a buffallo fried steak wit dat, now dat ed be real nice. That cowpoke don't know howtta hunt, dat's for sure. I'm surprized he made it to the buff and back three feet to the truck without heart failure. And the nerve ol' boy had ta make sure we all saw that he shot it with a pistol. I can shoot a wall too ya know, ha ha. I guess some of us see the light and others never will. Hey, wait, that's MY ex-girlfriend. Hell, I'd shoot em' up with er' one more time, just for old times sake.

H.A.

Well, I must say that this is a controversial topic. Let me add this: I know a guy who is selling some buffalo due to the drastic drop in price. So my friend buys one from him and decides he wants to shoot it. Well, in my opinion its fine if wants to do it.

He never tried to convince anyone that it was an actual hunt. All he really wanted was the meat.

So if he buys it I guess he can do whatever he wants with it. But to pose with your gun and try to make yourself into a hunter....... I disagree with that.

To say that the Buffalo hunt was not canned is almost as big of a lie as Hedges claiming that he has dated someone as hot as that blonde!!!! COME ON HEDGES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Salley whiney" thats your new name, you know who I'm about.
Its still the process of taking jyour own meat and proccessing it.
what the hell are you griping about.
their not out to set records, their there to fill their freezer.
don't any of you raise beef, chickens, or hogs.
or rabbits.
and sell them to your friends.
do you send them off to the butcher shop to be put down.
nottttt.
get a life you whiney cry babies.
You probably dont have the balls to walk out into a pen with a heard of buffs.

slap a hand gun in my hands with an oppertunity to take down a buffalo, you bet ya.
Gather up some of the best steakes in the world
and fill my freezer,

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom