Internal or External frame packs?

K

Knockmdead

Just wondering what everyones thoughts are as to which is better for hunting and carring out game. I would be packing out Deer and Elk and can't decide what kind of pack to buy. I plan on buying one soon and have only about $200 to spend on a pack.
Any thoughs would be great.

Jeff

Many of the hunters on MM have now bought and used the Just One hunting backpack from Eberlestock. The key features are that is a quiet, comfortable 2100ci day pack that converts to a freight hauler, that has a built in gunscabbard and pockets to hold a full size spotting scope.

But a picture is worth a thousand words...

140lbs of elk-
J10420packing20elk20xsm1.jpg

Day hunt in for Colorado smokepole muleys-
DSC00184.jpg

Yukon bow sheep hunt-
PackingOutsm1.jpg

Check out some more pics and info at www.eberlestock.com

Ed

I have a Kelty "freighter" external frame and pack for packing my camp and my animals. I love it! But, I have been looking at the Eberlestock "Just One" to use as a day pack, then, if I harvest an animal I can haul out a large load, and then grab my Kelty frame and go back in for what's left. Scott/couesbitten

If you are going to completely bone out your animal, then the internal frame is probably the way to go. Put the meat in black garbage bags, throw it into the pack, rig the horns to the back and away you go. It works great every time.

T

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom