internet gun purchase?

ridgetops

Very Active Member
I've google'd a few but I'm sure there's several I don't know about or missed.

What are your favorite online gun stores to deal with and have the best prices?

Thanks

I bought a gun off gunbroker.com a few years ago. If you bought it from a private person, they had to ship it from an FFL dealer to a FFL dealer. Cost around 35.00 at the time. I don’t remember there being a background check at the time. The transaction was a satisfying one I do remember that. Those web sites do have transaction rules, which I am sure you looked into. I’ve a couple of friends who have purchased guns via the web with no issues. None recently though since these red flag laws have been kicked up our asses. Good luck.

I haven’t bought many online. I’m getting closer to buying from gunbroker. I bought two from First Stop Guns in Rapid City, SD. I have one gun guy I deal with in AZ that has always helped me out a lot and sold me guns at fair prices so I feel a lot of loyalty to him. I might be able to beat his prices by $10-$50 but I don’t buy every week and I’m not the type that would do that. He can get me just about anything I want and all it takes is one email.

It is even still easy in Cali to buy from gun broker.....but the fees and taxes take all the bargain out of it.....

I purchased a new rifle online from Buds gun shop about 2 years ago. It was a smooth process. I had it delivered to a local FFL that was already on their pre approved list. Processing fee was $30. I went this route because I couldn’t find what I wanted locally. A couple of guys that attend my church have bought multiple long guns and pistols in a similar manner without a hitch.

I agree with a couple mentioned above. Buds and Gunbroker. It’s a game on gunbroker with people out bidding you but I sure won my latest round ! Weatherby 243 with the spiderweb stock , free shipping , new in box $245 !!!!!!!! I’m still laughing

I've had good experiences with gunbroker and buds guns. With gunbroker, I often search "buy it now" guns because I'm not interested in a bidding war.

Years ago i had a C&R license. Bought a few from SOG , JG, Classic, ect. Most were handguns. Old berettas, CZs , a couple P64s. Did buy a couple tula, hex receiver mosins. Obummer ruined the market for this kind of collecting, so I didnt reup my license. It was in his 3rd year I think.

Whittaker Guns has always been great to deal with. They typically have a good selection and have some great prices on rifles.

Bought a shotgun last spring from centerfireguns.com got a good deal even after all of the Kali fees. Plus I dont have much for local gun stores.

Bill

Gun stores close to me charge Ca sales tax, $100 convenience fee and the dros fee of $31??....I think

Welcome to the times!

I've used Buds, GrabAGun, Brownells and Gun Broker multiple times. Never had an issue at all.

I've bought several used Browning B-80 shotguns, Browning Sporting SX1 O/U 410 and a sweet Beretta Gold Pigeon O/U from Gun Broker and more than a few bolt guns for the actions and never had a bad experience.

Nothing beats putting your hands on the very gun right from the start unless you already know what you want and can overcome the little issues one might experience if buying used.

Zeke

I've bought quite a few used guns on gunbroker....auctionarms before them...and what I have found it is that other people's used guns are in way better condition than my used guns....never had a bad experience...

So far, Grabagun has the best price for what I'm looking for but a couple others are right there within $5 to $10.

Thanks for all the input.

So the other day on Grab a gun, the rifle I was looking at had dropped from 429 to 419 but now it's back up to 429. Is that common for new rifles to jump around in prices on these online stores?
Is it likely to dropped down again in the near future. It seemed strange to only drop for a couple days, then right back where it was last week.

For me you might find a $500 gun on line for $50 less but then would have $10 to $20 FFL transfer fee and $20 to $30 shipping and possibly a credit card fee so wouldn't be saving much versus the local Mom and Pop gun store.
So unless it's a gun you can't find locally or a collector gun I usually just buy locally.

For me you might find a $500 gun on line for $50 less but then would have $10 to $20 FFL transfer fee and $20 to $30 shipping and possibly a credit card fee so wouldn't be saving much versus the local Mom and Pop gun store.
So unless it's a gun you can't find locally or a collector gun I usually just buy locally.
Definitely things to think about.

Sales tax on online sales? In 2018 the US Supreme Court ruled in the case of Dakota vs Wayfair that online companies had to collect the sales tax due to the State the goods were being shipped to.

There are some exceptions for smaller retailers that is decided by the State.

In my state if an out of state vendor sells less than $100,000 per year of goods shipped to my State they don't have to collect the sales tax.

But since a lot of vendors don't know what their sales will be they go ahead an collect the tax.

So if you buy online you may not have to pay sales tax but it's doubtful. Will depend on your state and the vendor you are buying from.

It's still possible to buy something from some third party on Amazon and they not collect sales tax but most will.

Sales tax on online sales? In 2018 the US Supreme Court ruled in the case of Dakota vs Wayfair that online companies had to collect the sales tax due to the State the goods were being shipped to.

There are some exceptions for smaller retailers that is decided by the State.

In my state if an out of state vendor sells less than $100,000 per year of goods shipped to my State they don't have to collect the sales tax.

But since a lot of vendors don't know what their sales will be they go ahead an collect the tax.

So if you buy online you may not have to pay sales tax but it's doubtful. Will depend on your state and the vendor you are buying from.

It's still possible to buy something from some third party on Amazon and they not collect sales tax but most will.
What I'm seeing from most of the internet companies is if it's not a store based in Utah, I'm not required to pay sales tax. When I enter my zip code, the sales tax amount comes up as zero.

Your correct Ridge , no tax unless it’s in your own state. That’s how a guy can save money , depending on shipping and ffl fees !

Not sure what is "legally required" but in Kali the out of state vendor doesn'tcharge sales tax but they have to ship to an ffl, the ffl then charges sales tax based on the cost of the firearm.

That is what I saw last gun I purchased. Now this is a small mom and pop shop so they may not have thorough understanding of the law, but the price was still worth it to me. So that is something to look at.

Bill

Your correct Ridge , no tax unless it’s in your own state. That’s how a guy can save money , depending on shipping and ffl fees !
Your right, I've done some homework and I found a place in my home town that only charges a $10 FFL fee and a couple of the online stores are only charging between $7.99 and free shipping. With the gun already being around $50.00 less than at the box stores, it does seem like a better deal to go online.

Not sure what is "legally required" but in Kali the out of state vendor doesn'tcharge sales tax but they have to ship to an ffl, the ffl then charges sales tax based on the cost of the firearm.

That is what I saw last gun I purchased. Now this is a small mom and pop shop so they may not have thorough understanding of the law, but the price was still worth it to me. So that is something to look at.

Bill
I can't see how the FFL dealer could charge me sales tax. When I'm paying in full to the online gun store, including shipping to the dealer. I'm just paying the dealer $10.00 to release the rifle to me. It would be crazy for him to charge sales tax for a rifle he didn't sell me.

I agree, and like I said it may be wrong. I have 2 ffls available to me and one charged 50 for handling the other 100. Sales tax was about 40 bucks. I dont even know if the place charging a 100 dollar fee would have charged me tax or not. But even if not the one who taxed me was cheaper.

I like the people at the mom and pop not so much at the pawn shop. So I questioned it a bit and left it at that.

Like I said the deal was still a great one. 40 bucks didnt change that. I dont know if she was right or wrong to charge the tax. Most likely wrong. Just letting you know there might be more to it than you know.

Bill

Bill

X2

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom