Introduction-Newbie from MT!

Bigperk66

Well, to be 100% transparent, not in MT. anymore, thanks to the Air Force. I've been away for over 30 years, and am just in a position where I miss it soooo very much, time to get back and get to hunting, but I digress...let's finish this introduction.

56 years old, 2 children (grown and gone...thank goodness!), and 2 grand children. I currently reside just north of San Antonio in Boerne (again, thanks to the Air Force). On my final assignment...time to retire. I've been very blessed in my life, and love serving what once was the greatest nation on the planet. I still take my oath to defend our constitution very seriously....against all enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC. I've moved 12 times in my career, and am ready to settle down. My wife fell in love with the panhandle area of Florida, so bought her a house that is currently filled with renters, but once I retire. Headed back there. Would love nothing more than to move back to MT, but unfortunately, the wife hates snow. She understands my love for MT, so is more than supportive of my need to see it several times a year....1 of those times will be for hunting.

I grew up hunting muley's on the Res. (crow) thanks to my father, who was on the rolls. Did a lot of fishing on the Bighorn, Yellowstone, and Stillwater rivers. I miss it so.

I look forward to learning so much from y'all (been in Texas too damn long).

A few things about my hunting experience/integrity....I can't stand road hunters...let's get that out of the way right now. Now, i know in many states it's legal....but if your that lazy, maybe you should go sit in a tree stand or a ground blind and hunt white tails...just my honest opinion. I've been bowhunting whitetails for years. Haven't shot a deer with a rifle in over 30 years, and I look forward to it. Once I get my feet wet, will try with a bow, but I do remember that a spot and stalk hunt with a bow is more than a challenge, and takes years to hone that skill. I love anything outdoors, and am still passionate about fly fishing. Now I mainly chase Redfish and specks at the coast, so don't get to do it very often. I'm in love with guns, and all that go along with it....it's possible I may hit if off with a few of you on here.

I'm going to put in for a general deer tag in MT for 2023. I will have 2 preference points, so hopefully I get drawn. I'm hunting for the hunt, and to do the type of hunting that I miss so much. To me, it's never been about the kill.....it's about the hunt, and just being out there is what it's about for me. I will never ask for "secret" spot's, but may have some very general gear/tactics questions....again..it's been a minute.

Again, I'm not trying to ruffle anyone's feathers with my road hunting comment, but that is just how I was raised. My father taught me to park, walk for miles, glass until your eyes hurt, and when you see the deer you want (he wasn't a trophy hunter either), check the wind, and put on a good stalk to get W/I 200 yards to make a clean, ethical shot. That, to me, is hunting.

I hope everyone is having a fun, safe hunting season. God bless all of you, even the road hunters.

V/R

Michael Perkins

Perkins_Pic.jpg

Ok, I want to apologize to everyone....i did an introduction post yesterday as well, but didn't think it was approved, so did another one....my apologies again...newbie mistake.

Service men are always welcome to come up to South Dakota for Ditch Parrots(Pheasants) hunt. This year we will be headed up Nov 9th.
I would love to come up, but will be in Orlando at an Awards banquet....

I appreciate the invite. Love bird hunting.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom