Iranian Sanctions working?

RE: Iranian Sanctions working?

Sure they can, just like we can get by without borrowing any money.

Stay thirsty my friends

>>Despite the climbing evidence of hardship, Iran is sticking to what its supreme leader, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, has called a "resistance economy", aiming for greater self-reliance and belt-tightening<<<

Yeah well get to see how good they are at cutting spending.

Isn't interesting that our ally, Turkey, helps keep the Iranian economy afloat by legally bypassing the banking sanctions by paying for Iranian crude with gold.

Check out how much gold Turkey is sending to Iran and how that gold is keeping Iran afloat. It is almost as if Turkey has been told we will turn our head to the actions in order to avoid a completely failed state in Iran.

The world is a funny place.

We force Iran out of SWIFT, but turn a blind eye to gold shipments from Turkey.

We are "talking" about the gold shipments but doing anything about them.

Nemont

Their friends, the Chinese, continue to get oil from Iran at huge discounts so the Chinese economy is benefiting greatly from the western oil embargo.

http://thediplomat.com/pacific-money/2013/01/05/asia-is-purchasing-nearly-all-of-irans-oil/

The most important part of the article:

Meanwhile, it seems increasingly apparent that the Western powers do not have a well-thought out endgame for the sanctions regime, short of Iran capitulating completely. In this sense, the sanctions against Iran are not only increasingly similar to the ones imposed on Saddam Hussein?s Iraq during the 1990?s, but also to the U.S. surge in Iraq that failed to achieve its political objectives despite being militarily successful and dramatically reducing violence. Indeed, with regards to current Western strategy towards Iran, one?s tempted to invoke David Petraeus in asking: ?Tell me how this ends.?

"Thus far, Ankara, as well as other key energy importers, has received a US waiver permitting it to continue to purchase Iranian energy products at reduced levels. By October 2012, Turkey?s Iranian energy imports declined from over 50% to 18%, with another 20% reduction planned"

Turkey also has found creative ways to circumvent the sanctions and even gain financially. The sheer volume of the ?gold-for-gas? exchange that emerged between Ankara and Tehran, or about $6.4 billion in gold paid to Iran for gas imports during the first nine months of this year, has helped Ankara reduce its current account deficit and receive an investment-grade credit rating ? a first after nearly twenty years. During this period, Turkey?s trade value with Iran also increased to nearly $20 billion.

http://www.al-monitor.com/pulse/originals/2012/al-monitor/sanctions-gas-iran-turkey-russia.html

I think we have all the snakes to fight in the middle east we need right now. it's a known fact Iran is a ways away from a nuclear weapon and our best interest is to keep Iran from becoming another Syria.

If Israel decides to attack we'll be there with arms, money and our lips on their butt so I don't think that's a factor.

Stay thirsty my friends

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom