Iraqi violence down and gov't confidence rising

202typical

Long Time Member
LAST EDITED ON Jun-17-08 AT 11:54AM (MST)[p]Say it aint so Dude, say it aint so!!!
Oh the humanity! Surely we can't be winning, right Dude?

Iraqi violence down; war's root causes unresolved

By ROBERT H. REID, Associated Press Writer Mon Jun 16, 6:38 PM ET

BAGHDAD - Signs are emerging that Iraq has reached a turning point. Violence is down, armed extremists are in disarray, government confidence is rising and sectarian communities are gearing up for a battle at the polls rather than slaughter in the streets.

Those positive signs are attracting little attention in the United States, where the war-weary public is focused on the American presidential contest and skeptical of talk of success after so many years of unfounded optimism by the war's supporters.

Unquestionably, the security and political situation in Iraq is fragile. U.S. commanders warn repeatedly that security gains are reversible.

Still, Iraq is by almost any measure safer today than at any time in the past three years. Fears that the country will disintegrate have receded ? though they have not disappeared.

The wave of sectarian massacres that pushed the country to the brink of all-out civil war in 2006 has calmed.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080616/ap_on_re_mi_ea/iraq_turning_point

"Thanks climate PhD 202" - TFinalshot Feb-05-08, 02:16 PM (MST)

51 killed in a bombing today, no big deal that's just a day at work in Baghdad right?

This war is about to wind down, either by Obama bringing the troops home, Iraq kicking most of our troops out as they say they will at the end of the year or by you saying it's won.

At 341.4 million a day we can't afford this fun much longer. a very wealthy man once told me you can't be both proud and rich, so if telling you clowns we won will end this and stop bleeding us then fine. we won! yippie! can we end it now?

By the way Tehran thanks you, they like their new buddy much better than Saddam. see you won, Iran is happy and I'm happy we can end this mess. now everyone is happy, sweet.

I have been doing badly at the hunting tag lotteries, I need some good news, so tell me what did we win?

You won Dude as your partner for life. If you want to come to CA. you can make the partnership legal with all rights of a married couple.

RELH

Piper a.k.a. Hdude what ever. You should have asked what are we "winning"
1. How bout a friend in the middle east
2. How bout freeing people from the clutches of a mad man
3. How bout a place where alquida can not set up training camps
4. How bout more oil on the market
5. How bout a bullwart against Iran
6. How bout a defeated enemy that sucker punched us on 911.
7. How bout a freaking gob of potential 911ers dead
8. How bout some payback for 911
9. How bout no terrorist attacks since 911
10. How bout new insight into exactly how islamofacist work, fight, think, act. All of which protects us.

Take your pick lefties, its all good!

"Thanks climate PhD 202" - TFinalshot Feb-05-08, 02:16 PM (MST)

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom