Ireco powder co. Question

Yakatak

LAST EDITED ON Aug-12-09 AT 09:18PM (MST)[p]About 10 years ago while sitting in a cafe in southern Utah, the owner/friend of mine, walks up to me and handed me this can of rifle powder. He says, "You shoot one of those big, heavy cannons don't you"? I replied, Yeah! He says, "Here, use this up and when it's gone come back, I have more". Well its been 10 years since I've needed to reload this firearm of mine as I normally muzzleload for everything but pronghorn. But, the issue here is, I can't find any loading data on this powder, let alone any info on the company (Ireco Chemicals SLC, Utah) who made it. On the back of the can it list MAX loads for the 264Win, 7mmRem, 270Wby, 300Win and the 300Wby magnums. It closly matches listed loads of H1000 in almost all of the calibers listed above. Was Ireco acquired by Hodgdon? Id like to know for sure and see any supplymental loading data-info on this powder. The (Max)only load for my 300-Wby is for 90-grains on a 180-grain bullet @ 3226fps. My Chrony say's 3330-fps out of a 24" tube with Fed-215's. And the bolt isn't "impossible" to open! Anyone know???

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hang on.
Thomas Jefferson

isn't this D?j? Vu ????

great post/pic, thanks for sharing

JB
497fc2397b939f19.jpg

Weird....someone asked the same question a few weeks ago....

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom