Is He A Shooter Part Two

BWO

A lot of guys on here are quite good at the field judging.

Slam you should have warned me sooner that he was just a piss cutter. To pretty of a buck for me to pass. Looks like someone is going to enjoy a Big Mac.
Thanks for playing. :) jk.

Here are my official unofficial measurements.

Main beam-22
g1-1.5
g2-17
g3-11
g4-7
total mass-16.5
Inside spread of main beam-21
total=171

491b79f03bde83d3.jpg

Certainly, a very nice buck!! In Most areas on Most hunts, anybody would love to get a buck like that! Congrats!!

Joey

Slamdunk quote, "And if that buck is only 170"......i have let a lot of monsters go in my day and i should be hung in the streets naked and whipped by my clientel."

What street will this be on, I want to make sure I can be there with a bucket of popcorn.

JK Slam

Congrats on the buck. He's a dandy.

That is a great looking buck and would make nice shoulder mount. Too bad you didn't post a more tasteful photo of the buck in the field instead of strapped to a four-wheeler with his tongue hanging out. Just my opinion.

Great job scoutin him and then gettin him! CONGRATS! I only missed by an inch... Whered you get him? What's the widest spread measurement?

Sorry. I didn't mean to seem disrespectful for posting a picture of a deer strapped to the back of a four wheeler. I have nothing but respect and admiration for these beautiful animals.

Sometimes I just like to see pics of animals in the back of trucks or strapped to four wheelers. Anyhow I do see how it can be considered not very tasteful. Here is a better field pic.

Come on Slam is that all you've got. Not even anything about the res police. Maybe onedryboot had some inside info.:7

491b95e91ae98a35.jpg

Well Wade, i gotta give you credit here, that is a MUCH better photograph!

As far as your scoring techniques??
If your fine with adding up one side and timesing it by two, well then you have better trophies on your wall than you think you do my friend ;-)
Every point on that buck varies at LEAST an inch!

I still stand at no less than 178"

But hey, most guys will argue an animal DOWN....i'm bragging yours UP!! :)

48288e6577d023b6.jpg

lol slam!!!

Bwo, I dont care what pic you put up, im just glad you posted it for us to see! I dont know how you passed that deer up 3 times???

BWO

That's what I'm talkin about. Go with the flow. Hunting is not overanalyzing. Every hunter in the field has a mental picture of what he's looking for. That Deer you shot is the picture in my head. When you see "THE" buck you know it, your hear rate goes up, your breathing goes to pot and nothing on your body seems to work right. At that moment you shoot. Period. You don't blow the moment by taking an extra 30 minutes to score it. By that time the moment is gone and the memory will be less of a memory even if you get a bigger deer. I really like your style. Even though people were tellin you this buck wouldn't make book you didn't care. You knew that buck was a toad and didn't care didly jack about the score. I think you would've been completely dumb to pass that buck.

Just curious....... You had that buck dead 30 minutes after taking the original pics didn't you!

Awesome buck.
Even more so was the story.
That's a deer hunt in my books. Great job!

4918bc530d0e7097.jpg

BWO

The correct answer would have been this. If you don't like the fourwheeler pic then don't look. That pic on the back of your quad is a classic pic and I greatly appreciate real hunting photos. Thanks for posting

4918bc530d0e7097.jpg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom